Another shooting in america

SWP's back said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
Just don't know why you would need to own a gun. If you want to shoot then go to the shooting range but why do you need one in the home?
Protection. Everyone has a gun so everyone is safe.

What we need is for primary school children to own and carry guns, then this would never had happened as they would have defended themselves. Simple really.

People may laugh, but the next step over here will be everyone has to carry guns. You will see that law enforced before any substantial limiting gun control law is passed.

Re: Another massacre in the US

chabal said:
Matty said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

How many more before gun ownership is addressed?

Don't bother counting. Michael Moore outlined the problems of gun control in America in "Bowling for Columbine".

There is simply too much money made by making and selling guns for there to be the cultural shift needed to do what this country did following Dunblane.
Add to that the fact that many are too ignorant to blame these events on the ease of access to gun's in america. They argue that it is their right as it is in their constitution. A document over 250 years old.

Skashion said:
Aphex said:
The constitution is so ingrained, even the presidential election barely mentioned gun laws.

It's a terrible shame, a travesty of all those poor kids.
Nothing to do with the constitution really. The constitution could easily be re-interpreted as it has been done countless of times. The 2nd amendment containing the words a 'well-regulated militia' as a qualifier. Ergo, the solution could easily be that you have to be in a well-regulated militia to have guns. The government could then define what well-regulated is.

The issue is special interests and the culture itself.

I understand what you are saying, which is from a technical point of view.

The common American man doesn't think that way tho, does he? And that is the point I'm making. The NRA are massive lobbyists, that is closer to the answer to my question.

Re: Another massacre in the US

kp789 said:
chabal said:
Matty said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20730717

How many more before gun ownership is addressed?

Don't bother counting. Michael Moore outlined the problems of gun control in America in "Bowling for Columbine".

There is simply too much money made by making and selling guns for there to be the cultural shift needed to do what this country did following Dunblane.
Add to that the fact that many are too ignorant to blame these events on the ease of access to gun's in america. They argue that it is their right as it is in their constitution. A document over 250 years old.
It was a mis spelling anyway.

They meant

tumblr_m3w3liP3AC1r5g6tqo2_400.jpg

Not everyone that owns a gun does so just for protection, to play at the shooting range or to blow someones head off because they dare to walk onto their property. They hunt for food, squirrel, duck, deer, turkey etc and its a way of life for millions of Americans. I lived in a small rural town of around 1,200 and id guess most owned guns, id hear them popping off in the woods almost daily. A way of life that i doubt will change as there is too much money in the hunting business.

Another absolute senseless tragedy

ickle~blue said:
Not everyone that owns a gun does so just for protection, to play at the shooting range or to blow someones head off because they dare to walk onto their property. They hunt for food, squirrel, duck, deer, turkey etc and its a way of life for millions of Americans. I lived in a small rural town of around 1,200 and id guess most owned guns, id hear them popping off in the woods almost daily. A way of life that i doubt will change as there is too much money in the hunting business.

Another absolute senseless tragedy
But one doesn't need assault rifles to hunt squirrels or deer. Why are they available on sale?

Aphex said:
I understand what you are saying, which is from a technical point of view.

The common American man doesn't think that way tho, does he? And that is the point I'm making. The NRA are massive lobbyists, that is closer to the answer to my question.
That's what I meant by culture. They're gun nuts over there.

nwhn3 said:
bellbuzzer said:
if every gun maker was shut down this instant it would not prevent this type of tragedy. Hungerford and Dunblaine resulted in the closure of legitimate clubs yet the scrotes still have hand-guns.
Whatever the solution is, it wont be "banning" guns, just not possible to police, as we found out here.

Maybe not banning them, but a least some sort of licensing. At the moment any US citizen can walk into a shop a buy a gun as easy as buying a packet of sweets. This is irrelevant of whether a person is suitable or even medically mentally stable or not. Guns would still be able to be bought but at least it might be a bit more difficult than it is now

illegal to buy over the counter without a "cooling-off" period in most states. Hollywood has perpetuated this. Also criminal record debars owning a gun.

bellbuzzer said:
nwhn3 said:
bellbuzzer said:
if every gun maker was shut down this instant it would not prevent this type of tragedy. Hungerford and Dunblaine resulted in the closure of legitimate clubs yet the scrotes still have hand-guns.
Whatever the solution is, it wont be "banning" guns, just not possible to police, as we found out here.

Maybe not banning them, but a least some sort of licensing. At the moment any US citizen can walk into a shop a buy a gun as easy as buying a packet of sweets. This is irrelevant of whether a person is suitable or even medically mentally stable or not. Guns would still be able to be bought but at least it might be a bit more difficult than it is now

illegal to buy over the counter without a "cooling-off" period in most states. Hollywood has perpetuated this. Also criminal record debars owning a gun.

Unless you're in a state that allows sales at gun shows. Then there is none of the above.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.