Another smoking ban thread

SWP's back said:
Berkovic_blue said:
RyanShaw said:
We all have the willpower. I can go for days without a cigarette. That's not the point. This is our hobby, not our work, so we should enjoy every second of it. We pay enough for it, after all.

You make it sound like following football is a chore. It shouldn't be.

Football is my release from the harsh realities of work, and real life. I'm not demanding they let me out at half time for a cigarette, but I would love it if they did.

Huh? If you can go for days without a cig then how is it a chore to go 90 mins? I really don't understand your point.

At the end of the day it's well documented that it's against the law to smoke in the stadium and the club can get in trouble if people are doing it. Everyone knows the score so you have absolutely no grounds to complain about it on here or to the club. Try writing to your local MP or start a campaign to get the law changed if it bothers you that much.
That's the thing, they don't have to. They can all smoke at half time as it is.

-- Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:57 am --

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
And that is the fundamental issue. It's against the Law.
You ever broken a law Mr Ed?

Loads of time mostly traffic offences, but it's the elenth commandment "Thou Shalt Not get Caught" I enjoy a pint at half time but don't drink it within view of the pitch. The problem is that folk on here when they are caught smoking come on moaning and bleating about it. Why?

Lordeffingham said:
Oh what a joy to read all these fucking do gooders spouting about something that doesn't effect them in the slightest, just a good excuse to shout their bile from the rooftops.

As for the smart arse going on about 'Writing to your MP', what the fuck would he do? I mean come on double standards only apply to the working classes, and if you don't get what I'm on about, try finding out wheres the only building where those congregating can smoke freely to their hearts content if they wish, you've guessed it, the Houses of Parliment.

I'm a smoker and proud of the fact, it pisses me off that we actually contribute towards the Countries economy, whilst being butt fucked and treated like lepers for the privlage, whilst at the same time all those piss heads, using our steets as urinals and somewhere to dump their takaway wrappings and vomit, prior to breaking some poor bastrds cheekbone, cost us all a fucking fortune.

I don't drink and wish to fuck that all those piously preaching about us smokers, who I'm sure will in the most part be drinkers, could get a taste of their own bitter medicine, ban alcohol, it's responsible for almost all violent crime and costs each and every tax payer a fortune every year, both monetarily and in pain and suffering in comparrison to fags.

Smokers are the only group of people anywhere in society who are openly discriminated against and treated like animals. On the whole all you clean air breathers haven't a chance in hell of even getting a quick sniff of our fags, but you just can't wait to stick your fucking size 12's in can you!

Not asking for your sympathy, just keep your fucking enormous heads and noses out of our business, thanks.

Well said! Shame you did'nt mention the fat[ sorry, obese] bastards who stuff themselves stupid with pies,pizzas,chips and every other cheap crap and flop around our streets imposing their fat arses on everyone,when hundreds of thousand of people in the world are dying of starvation. I,as a discreet smoker, resent the enormous drain they make, or will make, on the health service.

The problem is that folk on here when they are caught smoking come on moaning and bleating about it. Why?

most ask how long the ban is and how they go about getting their ticket back. would hardly call that moaning or bleating. in fact, if anything, the moaning and bleating comes from the non-smokers.

warpig said:
The problem is that folk on here when they are caught smoking come on moaning and bleating about it. Why?

most ask how long the ban is and how they go about getting their ticket back. would hardly call that moaning or bleating. in fact, if anything, the moaning and bleating comes from the non-smokers.

Fair enough but I'm just responding to a thread started by someone else. Personally I'd prefer it if threads about smoking weren't allowed on here, that would stop everyone from getting their knickers in a twist, smokers and non smokers alike.

Skashion said:
It is well known that smokers are national benefactors and their contribution far outweighs their cost. Tobacco sales contributed £11.1bn to government revenues in 2011 whereas the highest estimate indicates costs of around £7bn to the entire economy (less to the government). It could be far less than that going by more conservative estimates and I suspect those estimates don't take into account money saved from earlier deaths - only treating tobacco-related disease and illness. It is clearly right that smokers pay that extra tax but they're paying more than their fair share. Let 'em be.
Are you sure you dont smoke?

All you say is leave the smokers alone & let them smoke in the bogs.

fa2011mcfc said:
SWP's back said:
Can anyone simply answer his question without adding "anyone that can't last without a fag is sad and/or polluting their lungs"? Do you think it actually acheives anything repeating this?

If it was me i wouldn't hand my season ticket over to the stewards just walk off. I smoke and yeah at half time i go for one but i am in the 3rd tier and go onto the spirals as whoever is on there choices to smoke and stewards seen ok. Has anyone had and problems up there? I wouldn't go in the toilets not fair on non smokers and not worth a ban
I'm on level 2 and see lots of blokes having a fag at half time. In fact, it happens that often I thought it was allowed. I'm not a smoker, but I don't have any issue with someone having a fag on the spirals.

Skashion said:
It is well known that smokers are national benefactors and their contribution far outweighs their cost. Tobacco sales contributed £11.1bn to government revenues in 2011 whereas the highest estimate indicates costs of around £7bn to the entire economy (less to the government). It could be far less than that going by more conservative estimates and I suspect those estimates don't take into account money saved from earlier deaths - only treating tobacco-related disease and illness. It is clearly right that smokers pay that extra tax but they're paying more than their fair share. Let 'em be.

Why should we "let 'em be" when what they're doing affects the health and comfort of others? If they've got money to burn (literally) then they can put it to good causes like Charity instead of destroying their own lives. Most smokers I know don't even like smoking. They can't give up.

SWP's back said:
Berkovic_blue said:
Huh? If you can go for days without a cig then how is it a chore to go 90 mins? I really don't understand your point.

At the end of the day it's well documented that it's against the law to smoke in the stadium and the club can get in trouble if people are doing it. Everyone knows the score so you have absolutely no grounds to complain about it on here or to the club. Try writing to your local MP or start a campaign to get the law changed if it bothers you that much.
That's the thing, they don't have to. They can all smoke at half time as it is.

-- Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:57 am --

And that is the fundamental issue. It's against the Law.
You ever broken a law Mr Ed?

Loads of time mostly traffic offences, but it's the elenth commandment "Thou Shalt Not get Caught" I enjoy a pint at half time but don't drink it within view of the pitch. The problem is that folk on here when they are caught smoking come on moaning and bleating about it. Why?
Oh, for that question I have no answer. I wouldn't. Though the OP hasn't really either.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:46 am --<br /><br />
peoffrey said:
Skashion said:

Why should we "let 'em be" when what they're doing affects the health and comfort of others? If they've got money to burn (literally) then they can put it to good causes like Charity instead of destroying their own lives. Most smokers I know don't even like smoking. They can't give up.
DPn't be such a soft sod. It's fuck all to do with you what smokers spend their disposable income on. I don't tell you to eat less pies and give the money instead to "Save the Panda" do I. You're on the WUM now.

Lordeffingham said:
Oh what a joy to read all these fucking do gooders spouting about something that doesn't effect them in the slightest, just a good excuse to shout their bile from the rooftops.

As for the smart arse going on about 'Writing to your MP', what the fuck would he do? I mean come on double standards only apply to the working classes, and if you don't get what I'm on about, try finding out wheres the only building where those congregating can smoke freely to their hearts content if they wish, you've guessed it, the Houses of Parliment.

I'm a smoker and proud of the fact, it pisses me off that we actually contribute towards the Countries economy, whilst being butt fucked and treated like lepers for the privlage, whilst at the same time all those piss heads, using our steets as urinals and somewhere to dump their takaway wrappings and vomit, prior to breaking some poor bastrds cheekbone, cost us all a fucking fortune.

I don't drink and wish to fuck that all those piously preaching about us smokers, who I'm sure will in the most part be drinkers, could get a taste of their own bitter medicine, ban alcohol, it's responsible for almost all violent crime and costs each and every tax payer a fortune every year, both monetarily and in pain and suffering in comparrison to fags.

Smokers are the only group of people anywhere in society who are openly discriminated against and treated like animals. On the whole all you clean air breathers haven't a chance in hell of even getting a quick sniff of our fags, but you just can't wait to stick your fucking size 12's in can you!

Not asking for your sympathy, just keep your fucking enormous heads and noses out of our business, thanks.

The fact that you say you are; 'Proud to be a smoker' is unintelligent and petulent, therefore undermining any argument you might be trying to put forward.

Whether or not drink also causes social issues is niether here nor there. The fact is smoking is not only anti-social, its also; expensive, illegal in certain places and also killing YOU.......................the last bit doesnt bother me in the slightest (except the burden you will be on the health service we all pay for), but I do mind about selfish people like you infecting me with their disgusting habit- so it is our f'ing business

And, for the record - yes I did smoke until intelligence told me not to.

SWP's back said:
DPn't be such a soft sod. It's fuck all to do with you what smokers spend their disposable income on. I don't tell you to eat less pies and give the money instead to "Save the Panda" do I. You're on the WUM now.

I watched my heavy smoking Father die of cancer and I don't want to see anyone else go down that road regardless of who they are. And there's a small Charitable trust in his name for the one cause close to his heart where he lived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.