Another smoking ban thread

peoffrey said:
SWP's back said:
DPn't be such a soft sod. It's fuck all to do with you what smokers spend their disposable income on. I don't tell you to eat less pies and give the money instead to "Save the Panda" do I. You're on the WUM now.

I watched my heavy smoking Father die of cancer and I don't want to see anyone else go down that road regardless of who they are. And there's a small Charitable trust in his name for the one cause close to his heart where he lived.
I understand that mate and I am really sorry for your loss. Somkers know the risks though and your comments are just going to put their backs up, commendable & understandable though it is.

It's an emotive issue so I'll leave it there and count down the days until the next smoking thread.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking.

Read it, these threads will be no more if very little!

peoffrey said:
Why should we "let 'em be" when what they're doing affects the health and comfort of others? If they've got money to burn (literally) then they can put it to good causes like Charity instead of destroying their own lives. Most smokers I know don't even like smoking. They can't give up.
What I've advocated all along is that people are well aware of where the smoker's toilets are and if you want you avoid them it's pretty simple. If you make the decision to endanger your own health by smoking or voluntarily placing yourself in the vicinity of smokers then that's their prerogative. Where that's not the case i.e. if there was only one toilet, smokers should refrain from smoking then. I've been consistent throughout. Both smokers and non-smokers should be accommodated where possible but if it's not (rare), non-smokers win out for the reason you cited.

what gets on my nerves when i go for a fag in the bogs is some non smoker thinks its ok to use my ashtray to piss in,THE URINALS ARE FOR ASH AND DIMPS NOT FOR SHAKING YOU WILLY IN.how would you like it if i came round to your house whilst you had a brew and started waggling my pecker in your coffee,no you wouldnt like it,well keep your dirty penises(or is it peni) out of my fucking ashtray.

cheers.

Skashion said:
peoffrey said:
Why should we "let 'em be" when what they're doing affects the health and comfort of others? If they've got money to burn (literally) then they can put it to good causes like Charity instead of destroying their own lives. Most smokers I know don't even like smoking. They can't give up.
What I've advocated all along is that people are well aware of where the smoker's toilets are and if you want you avoid them it's pretty simple. If you make the decision to endanger your own health by smoking or voluntarily placing yourself in the vicinity of smokers then that's their prerogative. Where that's not the case i.e. if there was only one toilet, smokers should refrain from smoking then. I've been consistent throughout. Both smokers and non-smokers should be accommodated where possible but if it's not (rare), non-smokers win out for the reason you cited.
Yes and smokers are also well AWARE that you cant smoke in the toilets..

Skashion said:
The cookie monster said:
Alright, so you think smokers shouldn't smoke. I think non-smokers can prattle off to another toilet and leave smokers in peace. Here endeth the debate.
I just dont get your argument,our football club m.c.f.c state no smoking in the bogs,is that hard to follow...

Put it 1 way would they do it in their work place where they would get the bullet...would they fuck.

Skashion said:

Why are you being so ignorant about this? What the smokers are doing is against the law and also having an impact on innocent people. They have to breathe in the thick fog of smoke, have their hair / clothes stinking of it etc. Why should someone go to the No Smoking Toilet when they want to get to and from their seat for a piss at half time? I think your saving grace is that the Smoking Toilet allows the Stewards to know exactly where these selfish people are and I welcome their attempts to remove offenders from the Ground.

The cookie monster said:
Skashion said:
peoffrey said:

And you are AWARE that you can't drive faster than the speed limit. That you can't stand at the game. That you are not allowed to swear and make obsene gestures at the game.

I trust you never break the law. You don't do you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.