Any Long Covid sufferers on here?

It's certainly on the rise, loads at work displaying symptoms and I've tested positive this morning, solitary confined for 5 days so the Mrs and kids don't get it, typical city it happens when there's no games on, fuckin Qatar world Cup, I should have been watching the world Cup now

Was not going to post again but in line with the above there has been an even bigger rise in hospitalisations now over the past 10 days or so since I last did.

As of tomorrow Gov UK is reducing all the data posting to just once a week. So tracking it now will end as of tomorrow anyway.

But England patients today are up 351 to 8928 - that is a up a third in the current week and two thirds in the past 10 days.

Wales and Scotland are up too but not quite as much in Wales. Northern Ireland barely reports now.

There is about 11,000 in hospital in the UK all told. Double about a month ago.

However, many are testing after being admitted so came in for other reasons.

Ventilators are up this week - From 149 to 211 in England in the 7 days and about 240 in the UK so not much sign that these cases are proving more dangerous.

Deaths have also risen for three successive weeks in England but are not at anything like the level they were even in the earlier Omicron waves yet.~

244 in England hospitals in the past seven days V 205 week before and 189 week before that

However, the North West has been one of the most hit and patients have risen from 1086 to 1517 in the past week. With 25 on ventilators up from 15. So nothing yet to be overly concerned about.

The highest numbers of deaths are still in the over 80s BUT noticeably the gap is reducing with the 60 - 79 years - though still less.

Nothing as yet to be too concerned over but it would not be a surprise to see over 60s be invited for a fourth jab in the next few weeks as in my case (in my early 70s) I had my third one nearly 8 months ago now and I think that is starting to be a bit long of a gap.

They might wait until September but I think it might need to start sooner if the numbers continue.

Though Zoe is showing some small hints that we might be close to the peak and if numbers start to fall they may well leave it to the autumn for another dose given the other pressing economic issues.

Deaths below 60 are still very low. Just 3 of the 46 in England today. With North West on 10 the most and Liverpool the highest in the UK.

Last edited:
Was not going to post again but in line with the above there has been an even bigger rise in hospitalisations now over the past 10 days or so since I last did.

As of tomorrow Gov UK is reducing all the data posting to just once a week. So tracking it now will end as of tomorrow anyway.

But England patients today are up 351 to 8928 - that is a up a third in the current week and two thirds in the past 10 days.

Wales and Scotland are up too but not quite as much in Wales. Northern Ireland barely reports now.

Ventilators are up this week - From 149 to 211 in England in the 7 days and about 240 in the UK so not much sign that these cases are proving more dangerous.

Deaths have also risen for three successive weeks in England but are not at anything like the level they were even in the earlier Omicron waves yet.~

244 in England hospitals in the past seven days V 205 week before and 189 week before that

However, the North West has been one of the most hit and patients have risen from 1086 to 1517 in the past week. With 25 on ventilators up from 15. So nothing yet to be overly concerned about.

The highest numbers of deaths are still in the over 80s BUT noticeably the gap is reducing with the 60 - 79 years - though still less.

Nothing as yet to be too concerned over but it would not be a surprise to see over 60s be invited for a fourth jab in the next few weeks as in my case (in my early 70s) I had my third one nearly 8 months ago now and I think that is starting to be a bit long of a gap.

They might wait until September but I think it might need to start sooner if the numbers continue.

Though Zoe is showing some small hints that we might be close to the peak and if numbers start to fall they may well leave it to the autumn for another dose given the other pressing economic issues.

Deaths below 60 are still very low. Just 3 of the 46 in England today. With North West on 10 the most and Liverpool the highest in the UK.
Thanks.

Thanks as always for these insights. I'll share my recent visit to my renal transplant doctor. I'm very high risk, overweight and of Asian origin. I've had 5 jabs now and had some vaccine induced antibodies 6 months ago but don't know now.
First thing he asks is whether I've had COVID which I haven't because I've been very cautious as has my family. He said many of his patients have had it and had only mild symptoms - no one hospitalised. I'm now losing some weight and gradually venturing out in a careful way and he is optimistic enough to think I could get on a plane especially if my most recent blood tests show antibodies.
Essentially, he's saying that 2022 is a different country to 2020

That is very good news to hear and is why even with numbers rising there is very little chance we will be seeing any further lockdowns unless something changes quite dramatcally as this is now a virus we have to live with repeatedly and catching the milder Omicron is probably a better prospect for most than awaiting another that might be more dangerous - if one should appear.

For most who do not have the necessity to shield due to inherent vulnerability having a combination of vaccine derived immunity and that triggered in the body by catching a mild dose is probably the ideal for most people going into the coming winter.

It is clear now catching different versions of Covid is the norm for the population much like we do with colds or flu. So only if a really serious new variant appears will we likely react with measures like those seen in 2020/21.

As I mentioned when I started this thread I was getting ridiculous wrist and foot pain and couldn’t do the simplest things some days. Last few weeks I was suddenly pain free and could tie laces, chop food, walk to work without limping and maybe even do a couple of press ups! Then suddenly last weekend it came back in my right wrist and my feet. No obvious trigger, no trauma, just suddenly I’m in pain again. I can’t push a door open with my right hand, I feel like I have nails hammered into the balls of my feet, and I actually feel embarrassed to try and explain that I’m in pain again. It’s fucking weird shit!!!!

Anyone else who lost their sense of taste & smell after Covid how long did it take to come back?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.