Any past or present City player everybody seems to rate but you don't

Rodney Marsh. I thought he was a show pony. Wasn’t sorry when he left. Had one or two moments like at the rags in 1972 but that’s it for me.

Yeah, De Jong was limited and nowhere near the player some thought he was. Still a decent player for the club though.

I will say that there were times when I thought Uwe was taking the piss with a sulky attitude and conning the fans by pretending to make massive efforts.

Anelka, though, was taking the piss 90% of the time be was here and not trying properly. Obviously talented but I never knew why some thought he gave a shit about the team.

Fowler too - couldn't even be arsed getting as fit as the average 40 year old bloke - but I don't think he is remembered particularly fondly.
I thought Fowler and McManaman were taking the piss out of Keegan and the club whilst they were here - on massive wages and both well past their sell by date. Neither gave 2 fucks about the club or the fans.

There have been quite a few I haven’t rated but the question is about players that most people do rate, so I’m going to say Kolarov.

Imo, he was one of the worst full backs I have seen at City (and there have been some dogs !). Terrible tackler, always out of position and always far too eager to get upfield and far too lazy to get back when he gave the ball away - which he did a lot. Scored the occasional worldy and once in a bluemoon put in a decent cross which made everyone think he was a genius. He wasn’t. Our centre backs struggled every time he played. It can’t be a coincidence.

Yes! Glad to see someone else call it out. He scored some great goals and could whip in a cross. Unfortunately he was played as a full back and couldn't defend...

It's all about opinions obviously, but underpinning our success over the last 10 years or so at different stages (others as well of course).. Kompany, Fern, David and Serg. I know this is not in line with original topic of OP, but can't believe some of these players are being classed as overated!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.