FantasyIreland said:
For

Dzeko
Kolarov
Garcia
Lescott
Richards
Sinclair

A combined 92m outlay and all are weak links for reasons of ability or attitude or both.Tonight was proof of the vast gulf in quality that exists between our first choice players and their understudies.
Replacing at least a couple of the above in Jan would be hugely beneficial to our chances of winning silverware.

Out of the 6 players you list 1 is on loan and 4 out of the remaining 5 are defenders or in Garcia's case a DM who is drafted in as a defender on occasions. Demichelis didn't have the greatest of games either but I assume he gets a pass having been here for 5 minutes.

So we replace the backup defence and buy a new back up defence. What do we do when the new backups look equally ill at ease and all over the shop? Buy another set of back up defenders? And keep repeating what 2, 3, 10 times? Its worth bearing in mind that the first choice defence hasn't exactly looked that secure either so should we be looking at them as well?

Lavinda Past said:
IrelandSuperman said:
Can't sell Micah cos Zab would then be our only natural RB but otherwise agree.

I've seen nothing this season to convince me that Micah would have a long-term future as a right back in any 'top five' Premiership side.

Time for a rethink in January.

Lescott is worth keeping around just in case we don't manage to sign a TOP central defender in January. He can go at the end of the season.

I thought Dzeko had already left until the ball went in off him at the end of the match tonight.

Has somebody stumped up some money for him already, cos there wasn't a minute's stretch where I thought his heart was in the job.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Micah's playing really poorly this year but I still hope he can get back to his best, which will make him a good squad member. Dzeko's head's gone down and I suspect he will want a move, although I wouldn't mind him as a backup. Lescott I could handle as reserve left sided centre half but would be more than happy to sell and replace him with a world class centre half.

The rest are surplus to requirements without a doubt. Kolorov. Jesus Christ. Did he put a foot right all night?

The problem with Dzeko Dave is that I don't trust him to put the effort in as a back up. He will likely start against Leicester but I don't want him too. His body language is awful and for me we need to find a buyer for 1st January and have someone lined up to come in.

We are desperately short of quality in midfield when Yaya doesn't play and the left CB and left back areas concern me too. Nastasic for me shouldn't be playing every game and we need someone better alongside kompany and who can carry the right CB replacement when kompany is injured. Kolorov was gash tonight and Clichy has lost something this season too.

If we could sell a few players and replace in those areas I think we can win the league and progress further in Europe. If we trust this squad then we could easily fall short. If Yaya got injured we would be fucked.

I don't think lack of effort is dzeko's problem. That's just his demeanour. I think its lack of confidence. Remember how much he used to smile? That's all gone. I do agree a sale is looking inevitable.

I agree with your other comments, but I will put a slightly different spin on them, if we can replace Garcia, kolorov and lescott with top drawer players over the next two windows, I think we will have a team that can win the champions league.

Lescott "Gets a hard ride" because he is a piss poor defender, he is mentally slow as well as lacking any kind of pace, gets out muscled by far smaller players on a regular basis and simply is nowhere near good enough to be part of the squad never mind in the team, never rated him from the moment that numpty bastard signed the useless git, an the sooner he f*cks off the better.

Kolarov is at least a good squad player as is Richards, Dzeko is very much second fiddle to the beast and always will be, so unless he gets use to it he can go with my best wishes.

Garcia is another one who can seem to do no right, however a big part of the problem is he gets played as a defender and it does not work, maybe a simple case of wrong team for him.

Didsbury Dave said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Micah's playing really poorly this year but I still hope he can get back to his best, which will make him a good squad member. Dzeko's head's gone down and I suspect he will want a move, although I wouldn't mind him as a backup. Lescott I could handle as reserve left sided centre half but would be more than happy to sell and replace him with a world class centre half.

The rest are surplus to requirements without a doubt. Kolorov. Jesus Christ. Did he put a foot right all night?

The problem with Dzeko Dave is that I don't trust him to put the effort in as a back up. He will likely start against Leicester but I don't want him too. His body language is awful and for me we need to find a buyer for 1st January and have someone lined up to come in.

We are desperately short of quality in midfield when Yaya doesn't play and the left CB and left back areas concern me too. Nastasic for me shouldn't be playing every game and we need someone better alongside kompany and who can carry the right CB replacement when kompany is injured. Kolorov was gash tonight and Clichy has lost something this season too.

If we could sell a few players and replace in those areas I think we can win the league and progress further in Europe. If we trust this squad then we could easily fall short. If Yaya got injured we would be fucked.

I don't think lack of effort is dzeko's problem. That's just his demeanour. I think its lack of confidence. Remember how much he used to smile? That's all gone. I do agree a sale is looking inevitable.

I agree with your other comments, but I will put a slightly different spin on them, if we can replace Garcia, kolorov and lescott with top drawer players over the next two windows, I think we will have a team that can win the champions league.

I'll put a slightly different spin on your slightly different spin Dave - If we can replace them with top drawer players in January, we can have a team to win the Champions League this season.

BobKowalski said:
FantasyIreland said:
For

Dzeko
Kolarov
Garcia
Lescott
Richards
Sinclair

A combined 92m outlay and all are weak links for reasons of ability or attitude or both.Tonight was proof of the vast gulf in quality that exists between our first choice players and their understudies.
Replacing at least a couple of the above in Jan would be hugely beneficial to our chances of winning silverware.

Out of the 6 players you list 1 is on loan and 4 out of the remaining 5 are defenders or in Garcia's case a DM who is drafted in as a defender on occasions. Demichelis didn't have the greatest of games either but I assume he gets a pass having been here for 5 minutes.

So we replace the backup defence and buy a new back up defence. What do we do when the new backups look equally ill at ease and all over the shop? Buy another set of back up defenders? And keep repeating what 2, 3, 10 times? Its worth bearing in mind that the first choice defence hasn't exactly looked that secure either so should we be looking at them as well?

Obviously this.

Didsbury Dave said:
Didsbury Dave said:

We need about another two or three attacking midfielders and two world class full backs as well before we're anywhere near that.

Mancini should offer us a packet of his Fruit Pastilles. I fancy some so I'd snap his hand off.

KippaxCitizen said:
Didsbury Dave said:

We need about another two or three attacking midfielders and two world class full backs as well before we're anywhere near that.

Not for me mate. You way underestimate our abilities. champions league winning teams don't have 11 world class players, they have a core of them surrounded by good players, and an excellent team ethos making them greater than the sum of their parts. We aren't as far away as a lot of people think: a lot of opinions are skewed because we played a two man midfield with no david silva against Real Madrid.

We aren't far away in my opinion.

I think they will be gone soon enough.

Micah still has his believers but he really needs to improve because he has been average to poor in every game he has played this season. He is heading towards last chance saloon very quickly.
Micah's one of our own, but he seems more arsed about getting on the plane to Rio than his Manchester City career. My patience has all but disappeared where he's concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.