Anyone had run ins with city players outside of football?

I had a pee next to Quinny at a Saw Doctors gig at the Academy a few years back. He dropped a tin of Budweiser on my foot. Needless to say I didn't bend down to pick it up! He is a top bloke and a real gent.

Blueboylewis09 said:
I have met sun jihai once. I was in the wacky warehouse having dinner with my family, when i see sun jihai and his wife come and sit down near me for there dinner. Luckily i had my city top on and i went over there and asked him to sign it and hey presto. still got it!!!
keep that it will be worth a few quid in a couple of years

Saw Michael Johnson & Joe Hart in Relish in town, didn't speak to either, sure they didn't want the attention, from a lad anyway!!

Joe Hart came across as a right cock tho!!

elliottrobo said:
I seen Robinho, Pablo Zabaleta and Wayne Bridge in the Lowry, quite worrying they were sat with El Hadji Diouf, luckily i found out him and Robbie are good mates apparently! and that he's not gna be signed!!

They were buying clothes of some woman and the hotel staff said your not aloud to go near them or take a photo or your chucked out :(

Don't remember you being there Elliott....

met a few and all been sound last time night before the derby we lost at home 1-0 talkng to peter barnes and asa hartford in local curry house PB was giving me his opinion on zabletta he was not to impressed prefered richards at right back AH just said hello not much else

met kevin keegan in staples in stockport what he was doing there dont know was looking at files and stuff thought it a bit strange, it was when we were going through that spell where we were banjoing teams but not scoring like middlesborough at home when they did not have a shot on target and beat us 1-0 sun jihai own goal, said to him we were going to give someone a right panning sooner or later how wrong could i have been, did not know what a panning was had to explain apart from that sound guy but he did do one rather quick out of the place

after the play off final win stayed at the wembley hilton ian bishop came in and he had a drink with us dont remember much but he seemed a top bloke

seen nicky weaver and mark kennedy in the ritz night club manchester they could bairley stand up never mind talk (bit of a theme with our nicky there)

Michael brown is supposed to be a right cock, my mate bumped into him in the George and dragon in cheadle years ago after a particular bad home defeat. Anyway he was bouncing about being a bit of a dick and given it the big one like we'd won, so my mate went over and asked how he could be so happy with himself considering we had just been leathered at home, apparently the cocky shit just shrugged his shoulders and said "not letting it spoil my night". My mate lost it at this (and he's not one to have some smarmy two bit footballer play johnny big balls with him) and grabbed him ready to lay him out, brown shit it giving it the look mate don't want any trouble sorry were going anyway. He still swears if he ever bumps into him again he wont be so easy going on him, and give him the crack he should have had then.

jimmy grummble said:
jd-blue said:
ive had a couple, one was with the dunney monster, in warrington near his home, he was brilliant though, i asked him a couple of questions and yet at the end he told me he had lost his dog, yet he still stopped and talked,
second one was david seaman in florida, nuff said i think
I heard Seamen can get right in your face, true?
yeah i heard that and you don't see him coming

RobbieBrewer said:
auction294 said:
No, Eric is a top bloke.

Withington lad, always around South Manchester with his family and gets involved with charity work for Francis House every year from the Red Lion in Withington. He's a blue as are his brothers.

He did actually smak a mate of mine and put him on his arse back in the 80s, but that was when he was about 16 and my mate was being a dick. Eric is a top bloke. I went to his testimonial against Tranmere as did many blues.

Can only second the stuff about Eric.A decent lad.
Still as big as a door and can well handle himself.

off topic a bit but do remember eric knocking kenny clements clean out during a home game in the eighties and i mean clean out it took kenny about 2mins to come round and that was with smelling salts flashed under his nose
so not suprised to hear eric can look after himself and i bet kenny clements will second that

Until I retired last December saw many of them regularly in close personal contact. Mixed bunch. My neighbours for some years were Peter Crouch (a decent lad) and a premiership City player ( no names , no packdrill). He was a 14 year old in a man's body. I haven't met a single one I could make a pal of. The problem is they are destroyed by money. They live in an unreal world. Difficult to take them seriously (off the field). And anyone who thinks it's wonderful to stand next to one in a toilet or in a bar needs help.
Unfortunately I still like to see them win ( since 1934)

Red-Baron

land said:
I saw Anelka in Tesco, in Altrincham once, wasnt much of a talker.....

Also saw Distin in Sainsburys, was a nice chap, hot wife, she didn't seem to speak english though.

So did I after a match.

Me and the wife left the game at the end after he had played the 90 minutes. Got to the car and went straight there. He was already shopping!!! I think there must be an underground tunnel away from the ground.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.