Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

It isn't tickets sold, it's tickets ISSUED. We can give 1,000 tickets to local schools free and none of them might be used but we still claim those as part of the attendance as that's what the PL ask for. I know there were three season tickets my family didn't use yesterday as some of them went to Murrayfield and one was ill. Counting those is fair enough but not a seat we've given away or have kept back for employees or the like.

Read my original post: Not sure why everyone gets so wound up

You might care, I'm more worried about the 1st team imploding before my eyes.

i spent ten minutes looking at the family stand.

profile_picture_by_pedobear_facebook-d4mvw03.png

I know half a dozen move from North to South stands ona regular basis, some cram in the overhand of the 2nd tier when it rains, many use the concourse doors. A few I know have tickets in South stand yet always end up in the singing section. As for the executive tier, they roll out at kick off often. Dunno what the issue is, if 10% of 54,000 isn't full and it sold out, that's likely down t the away allocation or other factors beyond the club's control

Twice in the last month or so myself and two other blues have given up on a night game because after 2-3 hours driving from the M56 we were still stuck.Can't all leave work early - this is why many have a problem with the 7:45 kick offs in the CL games. Nonetheless these stories are quite laughable and more evidence of bitter, lazy journalism.

M6 closed northbound yesterday didn't help.

Looks pretty full to me. Maybe 100 empties. Kids playing football plus a few People moved to back to avoid the rain. If 100 empty seats offends you so much in a family stand when it is pissing it down that is your issue. We had a great crowd yesterday.[

Exactly I am in the EL3 and the three stands I can see must have had just a few hundred seats unfilled. Let's say 500 for the whole ground, which means that less that 1% of paid for seats were unused for a host of reasons. That is pretty good by any standard.

I don't know how the empty seats looks when broadcast on TV but if you look at the seats shown on the big screens and the actual seats next to them, the former really stand out as being a very bright blue and more noticeable to Them That Don't Go.

CajBqMeW4AACcvS.jpg

No idea why the same few NS seats are empty most games. Club needs to stop doing whatever it is doing with them.

Hardly helps things when loads of fans turn up late. I don't understand paying £40+ to turn up late nvm leave early.

It is difficult to know what the club can realistically do to address the problem. Last season platinum members could sell seats and this year all season ticket holders can get money of the cost of next years season ticket if they let the club resell their empty seat. Fans are incentivised to use or resell their ticket.

The family stand lower tier, from walking through, is kitted out now for kids and therefore it is unlikely the club will refigure again as like last time it will create ill-feeling.

Based on the scale of the problem threatening season ticket holders with penalties for non-attendance is using a sledgehammer to crack a nut particularly as they are a source of income for the club and as cup games have shown there are not thousands ready to take the surplus of tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.