Apparently there was 'huge numbers' of empty seats...

Up

You seem very negative about the club.
I am on a number of fronts but I haven't explained my post about the tickets properly.

It's a PL requirement to report attendances. Rule L38 says that all clubs have to submit Form 11 within 10 days of a league match. This is what Form 11 looks like:

So we are required to report tickets ISSUED in a number of categories, including complimentary tickets. If the away club asks for 1,000 and that's what we issue, I assume that's the figure we report even if they only sell 500. But it also asks for the number of spectators attending (including hospitality) but doesn't explain what "attending" means. I believe the clubs can interpret that as they wish, either as actual numbers through the turnstiles and in hospitality, tickets actually sold, even if not used, or whatever. People will always not turn up for various reasons and Arsenal did a study that reckoned that about 3% of ticket holders didn't show on average, per game. If that's the same for us then that's about 1,600 people.

But we all know that it's the same areas where there are significant numbers of seats every game,even when that game is supposedly sold out. I'd like the club to understand why that is and do what they can to solve it as it's revenue we could be missing out on.

20 mins in:

efm7bn.jpg

Looks pretty full to me. Maybe 100 empties. Kids playing football plus a few People moved to back to avoid the rain. If 100 empty seats offends you so much in a family stand when it is pissing it down that is your issue. We had a great crowd yesterday.

I wonder if the Spanish press do articles about Barcelona's average of 18,000 empty seats or Real Madrid's 15,000 or is it just the English press that has an obsession about it for our club only.

ST holders not showing?

Families are hard to predict. When kids are involved all kinds of shit can happen and you'll get a percentage not turning up.

I've defended us to the outer world all season on this one and I'm now clutching at straws. At the end of the day, whichever way you look at it, we had empty seats yesterday.

Looks pretty full to me. Maybe 100 empties. Kids playing football plus a few People moved to back to avoid the rain. If 100 empty seats offends you so much in a family stand when it is pissing it down that is your issue. We had a great crowd yesterday.
Then you miss the point of the thread totally don't you. It's more or less the same seats every game. They are sold but no one turns up to sit in them unless it's Pool, Chelsea etc.

It neither offends nor upsets me but it is what both this and the other thread was about and I thought I may as well comment, what with this being a forum and that combined with the fact that there was once again empty seats during a game that was sold out.

If reading my posts offends you, hit the ignore button. Thanks.

I am on a number of fronts but I haven't explained my post about the tickets properly.

It's a PL requirement to report attendances. Rule L38 says that all clubs have to submit Form 11 within 10 days of a league match. This is what Form 11 looks like:

So we are required to report tickets ISSUED in a number of categories, including complimentary tickets. If the away club asks for 1,000 and that's what we issue, I assume that's the figure we report even if they only sell 500. But it also asks for the number of spectators attending (including hospitality) but doesn't explain what "attending" means. I believe the clubs can interpret that as they wish, either as actual numbers through the turnstiles and in hospitality, tickets actually sold, even if not used, or whatever. People will always not turn up for various reasons and Arsenal did a study that reckoned that about 3% of ticket holders didn't show on average, per game. If that's the same for us then that's about 1,600 people.

But we all know that it's the same areas where there are significant numbers of seats every game,even when that game is supposedly sold out. I'd like the club to understand why that is and do what they can to solve it as it's revenue we could be missing out on.

I am sure the club knows what it is doing. Seemed to me about 53000 people turned up in shit weather to watch an early kick off for a game on TV. I have missed maybe 4 home games this season and I have 4 season tickets. People may be working or I'll or playing Saturday morning football. The game was sold out a week ago. A few people with tickets didn't go.

Big deal - it's as simple as that is it not?

I am sure the club knows what it is doing. Seemed to me about 53000 people turned up in shit weather to watch an early kick off for a game on TV. I have missed maybe 4 home games this season and I have 4 season tickets. People may be working or I'll or playing Saturday morning football. The game was sold out a week ago. A few people with tickets didn't go.

Big deal - it's as simple as that is it not?
Part of it is people not going I agree and that's something you'll never be able to eliminate. My family and friends group has 7 in it and only 4 went yesterday. We had made arrangements for 1 of the other 3 tickets but he dropped out at the last minute and another wasn't well so couldn't go (and that meant his girlfriend didn't go either. I'm not bothered about that in the slightest.

But we all know that 137/138 regularly has blocks of empty seats and that's not just people not turning up ad hoc. There's something else happening there and whatever it is means that people who might want to buy tickets that could be made available, can't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.