Are we clearly suffering from a lack of striker this season? Have midtable sides figured us out?

Don't think we've been found out by any strecth but looking at the way Grealish was heading to the byline if we had a striker we'd be getting much more out of Jack atm

Don't think we've been found out by any strecth but looking at the way Grealish was heading to the byline if we had a striker we'd be getting much more out of Jack atm
Well we have no striker and have not had one all season, so that point is irrelevant, as a forward player in this side he has to contribute with assists and goals at THIS time he is doing neither.

100% yes in fact we are missing 2 strikers not only for the goals but to take pressure of our entire team.

Well we have no striker and have not had one all season, so that point is irrelevant, as a forward player in this side he has to contribute with assists and goals at THIS time he is doing neither.

Who is he supposed to pass to, in order make the assist?

The club clearly signed him to play with a striker, it’s why they chased Kane so much.

Who is he supposed to pass to, in order make the assist?

The club clearly signed him to play with a striker, it’s why they chased Kane so much.
The same players that Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, Foden and Kdb seem to find.

We score a few goals if you have not noticed, maybe not as many as when Stewart Pearce was manager.

Last week against Chelsea we created opportunities, through balls, cut backs, crosses across the face of goal and there was no bugger there in the box.

Last week was the first time I actually thought about needing a striker.

Yesterday, we didn’t create those opportunities but it was also noticeable that there was bloody nowt up front. Grealish did okay first half when he drifted wide but provided almost nothing up front, especially second half. He’s clearly not a striker though and I don’t know why he’s playing there.

I think we will notice how much we need a striker when it gets to CL and FA Cup semi/final time.

Think we have had so many games where we have not scored against mid table sides. Is it 6 already this season against those kind of teams? I don't see that as a coincidence. Seems like their center backs are more than happy to let the false 9 wander knowing they will never make the correct move like a striker and and arrive at the box. and now since we don't have a central focal point its easier to always show the wingers outside to cross and always cover the inside. basically we never create quality chances as a result it is all like wenger arsenal at his end.
No. We've had similar experiences in seasons when we've had traditional strikers in the team. Stop flapping.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.