Are we dining at the top table or not?

Criminally Insane said:
These financial restrictions have not helped and players pele may not have fancied at city before he arrived difficult to unload.

However the lost opportunity to bring in a world class goalkeeper to add to what is quite a good squad could be the position which costs city and pele dearly.

These mega rich owners should start to talk champions league winners when they dig deeper into there riches and bring real class to city

You really are "insane" !!!

oakiecokie said:
Criminally Insane said:
These financial restrictions have not helped and players pele may not have fancied at city before he arrived difficult to unload.

However the lost opportunity to bring in a world class goalkeeper to add to what is quite a good squad could be the position which costs city and pele dearly.

These mega rich owners should start to talk champions league winners when they dig deeper into there riches and bring real class to city

To the criminal standard!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
oakiecokie said:
Criminally Insane said:

To the criminal standard!

People need to realise that we and many teams will never,ever have 11 World Class Players.What we do have is a Management Team and an owner who I trust and believe in,to give us continued success.
Some fuckers mate,should stick to playing on their fanciful and Fantasy Football Games and ignore the real world.
I truly despair at times with some of our so called "fans".
Perhaps some are becoming too "Raginess" !!

Without a doubt we are now dining at the top table and in the not to distant future it will be our table that everyone is dining at.
However, on arrival at the top table we have possibly found out that the company of the other guests around the table is not
as honourable as we had been led to believe or would have liked. In fact if the truth be told the company around the table stinks!
Footballing wise it is the only game in town so we now need to spend our time, resources and influence on making sure we stay at
the top table. I am more than confident that we are doing this regardless of the obstacles & barriers being placed in our way.
In time not only will we become accepted at the top table we will be calling the shots.
Nobody can stop us. They can slow us down. They can divert us. But they can't stop us and they are just starting to realise it.

goat boy said:
Selling Negredo makes us more flexible as it's easier to switch to a 4-3-3 for a run of games, or as a plan b, without leaving someone agitating on the bench. Jojo suits as an inside left leaving ed and and kun rotating centre forward or used as required. Can't believe you lot shitting yourselves tbh.

yeah, unless we get two injuries in central midfield. We have the personnel for all systems, 442, 4231 and 433/4141, but what we dont have is depth (2 players per position) for all systems. 1 striker short for 442, 1 winger short for 4231, 2-3 CM short for 433 (depending on whether you count lampard or not).

Must admit I agree with St Helens Blue and this morning feel I am hanging over without having a drink.
My faith in our wonderful management has slipped these last few months irrespective of the transfers that we have made,although as we know Mangala and Fernando had been on going for some time.
Instead of standing up to UEFA we have retreated into the bunker and kept our heads down like naughty little boys.
In this transfer window I have never known as many high profile players available in one window with the likes of Sanchez,Di Maria, Falcao, James, Benatia, Balotelli etc etc.
My point is that because we have succumbed to our punishment we have been unable to compete with the other Muppets who have had a field day.
Don't get me wrong we still have a great squad ( even though reduced in size ) and more than capable of competing at the highest level but I just feel we have been slowed down by the constraints.
The sale of Negredo without replacement is indeed a strange strategy and has added to my hangover.
Come on boys lets show some balls from now and wipe floor with Fatini and crew.

bulldogblue said:
Must admit I agree with St Helens Blue and this morning feel I am hanging over without having a drink.
My faith in our wonderful management has slipped these last few months irrespective of the transfers that we have made,although as we know Mangala and Fernando had been on going for some time.
Instead of standing up to UEFA we have retreated into the bunker and kept our heads down like naughty little boys.
In this transfer window I have never known as many high profile players available in one window with the likes of Sanchez,Di Maria, Falcao, James, Benatia, Balotelli etc etc.
My point is that because we have succumbed to our punishment we have been unable to compete with the other Muppets who have had a field day.
Don't get me wrong we still have a great squad ( even though reduced in size ) and more than capable of competing at the highest but I just feel we have been slowed down by the constraints.
The sale of Negredo without replacement is indeed a strange strategy and has added to my hangover.
Come on boys lets show some balls from now and wipe floor with Fatini and crew.

We strengthened where we needed to. We cannot go and buy every world class player because there available. Anyhows, I think we can compare most favourably with the squad we have to those "stellar" names you suggest.

As for not standing up to UEFA, I think we are conducting our business in a professional manner and not giving anyone any bullets to fire at us by shouting.

My views though

Does anyone seriously think that we aren't going to go on a spending spree of our own next summer?

Only this one will be planned, targeted and meet the developing requirements of the squad much more effectively than the one we have witnessed this summer.

People need to step back and look at the bigger picture. Sometimes you've got to accept losing a battle, in order to win the war.

we've drawn Bayern yet again in the CL (yawn, not Bayern, how last 3 seasons), picked up another Prem title, more domestic cups, kept a sulking Ya Ya, we have Aguero, bought Mangala, there is pressure on us to actually win the bloody CL.

In short: Yes. we are at the top table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.