Are we dining at the top table or not?

Lancet Fluke said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Lancet Fluke said:
For me the only issue is coming out of the window with three forwards when the manager plays two up front. It just seems such an unnecessary risk and certainly has nothing to do with ffp because we were already well within the imposed transfer limit. We may well go on a spree next summer but for now, once again it feels like we have not taken the opportunity to kick on when we have won the league and have allowed rivals to catch up or possibly overtake us more than was necessary. I can only assume negredo was really unhappy but it was fairly obvious that was the case for ages and there has been interest in him all summer from various clubs so should have been sorted earlier so a replacement could be found. As it is we were left with the option of falcao's ludicrous wage demands or nothing. Chelsea must be pissing themselves.
I think the wisdom of the Negredo decision, notwithstanding his putative personal issues, can only be properly evaluated from the time he starts playing for Valencia, up to if (and when) we sign someone to 'replace' him in January.

He may not have featured for over 50% of the first half of the season, which people seem to be forgetting when evaluating this deal.

It may well also be a calculated risk, based on a revised appraisal of the Jovetic and Aguero injury situation going forward.

At the risk of sounding like an adherent to a religious cult, I think we have to trust those running our club, who are in full purview of the facts in relation to this, to make the right decision. I think they've earned that right.
I wasn't really that arsed whether we kept negredo or not just think if he was going to be allowed to leave it could have been done months ago. As it was the club kept saying he wasn't for sale when clubs showed interest but when it really came down to it we did sell but at a point where alternatives couldn't be sourced. Regardless of whether he is injured and doesn't play till October, I don't think it was handled particularly well. Other than the striker situation I think the window has been fine considering uefa's bullshit but I do think we are now ridiculously exposed if aguero continues to have problems with his muscles which I fear he will.

Too much is made of him being unavailable until October in my view. We have to hope and expect we will go deep into 4 competitions this season (although the CL group is certainly going to be a challenge). It's towards the end of the season when we have been playing the same strikers twice a week for months that we might really miss him.

Still, as I said, this is old news now. It's September 2nd and we are where we are. Let's move on.

weve got 3 top top forwards for possibly 1/2 places,weve also got 2 young hungry forwards in the Nigerian lad and guietti(sp)
weve got two very good/excellent/worldies players for every position.

maybe,pellers and the boys have decided to tweak the formation,so maybe 1 up top rather than two.

imagine your in tescos at 9am,youve got your shopping list and take your time in picking the best products that you need for your spag bol that your going to eat at 7pm,you get home knowing exactly whats needed to do and when your spag bol needs to be started to taste lovely

next imagine your in tescos at 6.45pm same scenario dinners at 7pm,you rush to the tescos finest range and grab anything that looks good,you rush home lob everything in a pan

results.mmmmm an authentic magnificent spagbol with a lovely crisp wine not forgetting that superb pud for afters,half way through you notice your mrs nips have hardend due to your magnificent spag bol and she slides under the table and zzzzzziiiiip ahhhhhhh

over at the rag house

results. spew and shits,you didn't choose well and that spagbol tastes a bit odd with minced sauage and pineapple with added pedigree chum.

weve done well this window ,we are strong all over.

Looks to me like we have been sleep walking in the market as we did the summer after we first won the league, even in view of the FFP constraints.

Good luck to Negredo I wish him well I don't understand why we are often forced into loans get the cash in now, I'm not sure how this obligatory purchase will pan out not convinced its the best for us. Similar for Richards and Guidetti, get the money in. Don't forget the Negredo move has been on the cards for weeks so it was no last day shock.

Underwhelmed with Cabellero and Fernando, Sagna will be solid at best and Mangala still not kicked a ball at £32 million. Aguero, Jovetic and Kompany WILL miss chunks of the season with injuries, maybe we have some lads coming through the academy?

Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal all look considerably stronger than last season, I think we would be pushing it if we said we had stayed still.

We are still the champions and a great team but we don't half make it difficult.

waspish said:
Just had someone on sky saying FFP is working with PSG and us have curbed the spending! It's like sky need to run it in even more..

Couldn't make it up, a guy from Deloitte!

Apparently it's working because it stopped us spending, albeit transfer spending for the summer is up as a whole by £250m. He didn't have an issue with that.

Of which, United account for almost a quarter of it if you factor them in.

United's net spend this summer is £10m higher than Mourinho's entire net spend in his TWO spells at Chelsea.

crmcfc said:
Looks to me like we have been sleep walking in the market as we did the summer after we first won the league.

Good luck to Negredo I wish him well I don't understand why we are forced into loans deals all we needed cash in now, I'm not sure how this obligatory purchase will pan out not convinced its the best for us. Similar for Richards and Guidetti, get the money in. Don't forget the Negredo move has been on the cards for weeks so it was no last day shock.

Underwhelmed with Cabellero and Fernando, Sagna will be solid at best and Mangala still not kicked a ball at £32 million. Aguero, Jovetic and Kompany WILL miss chunks of the season with injuries, maybe we have some lads coming through the academy?

Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal all look considerably stronger than last season, I think we would be pushing it if we said we had stayed still.

We are still the champions and a great team but we don't half make it difficult.

I really don't understand why you would be underwhelmed. Last season we knew we were crying out for a good CB to partner VK. Then MDM found his form and looked a very very good player for the last third of the season. We have added one of the most highly rated young CB's in world football to our squad. A keeper who was voted keeper of the year in Spain 2 years ago i think. We have Fernando who so far looks a very good player and added some valuable cover for Zabba.

For me we have been excellent in the transfer market. We addressed our needs and strengthened the squad. A squad that won the league last season and is full of players hitting their prime. Not sure how you can see the future with injuries, but we have the squad to cover those injuries just like we did last season. Negredo got injured mid january last season and pretty much didnt contribute after that. Aguero was injured for large parts of that period and so was Jovetic. We had the squad then to cover and still be successful and we do now.

I think that Pellegrini is looking to change the system mostly to a 4-2-3-1 in which case 3 strikers should be enough.
The strongest line up for me is.

Hart

Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Kolarov

Fenandinho Fernando

Nasri Yaya Silva

Aguero

tolmie's hairdoo said:
waspish said:
Just had someone on sky saying FFP is working with PSG and us have curbed the spending! It's like sky need to run it in even more..

Couldn't make it up, a guy from Deloitte!

Apparently it's working because it stopped us spending, albeit transfer spending for the summer is up as a whole by £250m. He didn't have an issue with that.

Of which, United account for almost a quarter of it if you factor in United.

United's net spend this summer is £10m higher than Mourinho's entire net spend in his TWO spells at Chelsea.
I listened in disbelief too when this bean counter was speaking. Sadly he is correct. It has worked exactly as intended, in the interests of the establishment.

Martin Samuel is all over it no doubt!

It's one season. We can't spend for one season. Our revenues for 2013-2014 are expected to rise to circa £340m, leaving over £100m surplus after wages. Sorriano predicted our 2014-2015 revenue to equal Bayern Munich's.

Like Khaldoon said, we've had to take a pinch. But the pinch will last one season.

Cheers for all the replies.And 2112 I am in agreement 100% with your post however a few mention next summer etc etc.
I thought that this season had only just started and it was about now footballing wise? I know everything off the pitch is and is going to be even more special however my only concern is the 3 striker situation. If the lad we are waiting for a permit steps up if required to do so then be fantastci but I would place a wager now that if we were to lose 1 or 2 of our front men to injury then a lot of people would question the lack of having the 4th striker.
As I said last night,not a rant at the club in any shape or form but 2-3 games per week until Christmas which is also a busy period then I am simply questioning the decision of not getting a back up for Negredo. Of course he has a knock,he was out of form etc but not even having an option is my worry.
Could Nasri or another be pushed forward if required?

I'm happy with our summer. Our squad is better than it was last year.

United have spent something like £200m and we will still finish above them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.