Are we dining at the top table or not?

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Does anyone seriously think that we aren't going to go on a spending spree of our own next summer?

Only this one will be planned, targeted and meet the developing requirements of the squad much more effectively than the one we have witnessed this summer.

People need to step back and look at the bigger picture. Sometimes you've got to accept losing a battle, in order to win the war.
For me the only issue is coming out of the window with three forwards when the manager plays two up front. It just seems such an unnecessary risk and certainly has nothing to do with ffp because we were already well within the imposed transfer limit. We may well go on a spree next summer but for now, once again it feels like we have not taken the opportunity to kick on when we have won the league and have allowed rivals to catch up or possibly overtake us more than was necessary. I can only assume negredo was really unhappy but it was fairly obvious that was the case for ages and there has been interest in him all summer from various clubs so should have been sorted earlier so a replacement could be found. As it is we were left with the option of falcao's ludicrous wage demands or nothing. Chelsea must be pissing themselves.

Look at our squad we don't need to go on a spending spree next summer or the summer after or ever we will just keep adding to the Squad what we need just like this summer and come out of it spending net of around 12m..

waspish said:
Look at our squad we don't need to go on a spending spree next summer or the summer after or ever we will just keep adding to the Squad what we need just like this summer and come out of it spending net of around 12m..

McNulty on the BBC site backs this up. He thinks we and Chelsea had the best Summers and lack of frantic activity isn't a bad thing.

We just need to make sure that some of the players we have rewarded with new contracts continue to live up to the performances that got them these extensions in the first place. Nasri, Kolorov and Dzeko in particular!

Lancet Fluke said:
Does anyone seriously think that we aren't going to go on a spending spree of our own next summer?

Only this one will be planned, targeted and meet the developing requirements of the squad much more effectively than the one we have witnessed this summer.

People need to step back and look at the bigger picture. Sometimes you've got to accept losing a battle, in order to win the war.
For me the only issue is coming out of the window with three forwards when the manager plays two up front. It just seems such an unnecessary risk and certainly has nothing to do with ffp because we were already well within the imposed transfer limit. We may well go on a spree next summer but for now, once again it feels like we have not taken the opportunity to kick on when we have won the league and have allowed rivals to catch up or possibly overtake us more than was necessary. I can only assume negredo was really unhappy but it was fairly obvious that was the case for ages and there has been interest in him all summer from various clubs so should have been sorted earlier so a replacement could be found. As it is we were left with the option of falcao's ludicrous wage demands or nothing. Chelsea must be pissing themselves.
I think the wisdom of the Negredo decision, notwithstanding his putative personal issues, can only be properly evaluated from the time he starts playing for Valencia, up to if (and when) we sign someone to 'replace' him in January.

He may not have featured for over 50% of the first half of the season, which people seem to be forgetting when evaluating this deal.

It may well also be a calculated risk, based on a revised appraisal of the Jovetic and Aguero injury situation going forward.

At the risk of sounding like an adherent to a religious cult, I think we have to trust those running our club, who are in full purview of the facts in relation to this, to make the right decision. I think they've earned that right.

UEFA statement says our sanctions are for this season and next season with regards to spending didn't they ?

In my eyes we have strengthened where we needed to with a well thought out strategy While the rags have done the equivilant of giving a woman a tit job when she needed a heart surgery looks good but no bloody use at all .

Just had someone on sky saying FFP is working with PSG and us have curbed the spending! It's like sky need to run it in even more..

Lancet Fluke said:

I think the wisdom of the Negredo decision, notwithstanding his putative personal issues, can only be properly evaluated from the time he starts playing for Valencia, up to if (and when) we sign someone to 'replace' him in January.

He may not have featured for over 50% of the first half of the season, which people seem to be forgetting when evaluating this deal.

It may well also be a calculated risk, based on a revised appraisal of the Jovetic and Aguero injury situation going forward.

At the risk of sounding like an adherent to a religious cult, I think we have to trust those running our club, who are in full purview of the facts in relation to this, to make the right decision. I think they've earned that right.
I wasn't really that arsed whether we kept negredo or not just think if he was going to be allowed to leave it could have been done months ago. As it was the club kept saying he wasn't for sale when clubs showed interest but when it really came down to it we did sell but at a point where alternatives couldn't be sourced. Regardless of whether he is injured and doesn't play till October, I don't think it was handled particularly well. Other than the striker situation I think the window has been fine considering uefa's bullshit but I do think we are now ridiculously exposed if aguero continues to have problems with his muscles which I fear he will.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.