Are we dining at the top table or not?

We should have challenged FFP in the courts 6 months ago rather than just meekly accept the sanctions the effects of which we are seeing now

alib said:
We should have challenged FFP in the courts 6 months ago rather than just meekly accept the sanctions the effects of which we are seeing now

I agree. Only one signing over £30m is unacceptable.

Selling Negredo makes us more flexible as it's easier to switch to a 4-3-3 for a run of games, or as a plan b, without leaving someone agitating on the bench. Jojo suits as an inside left leaving ed and and kun rotating centre forward or used as required. Can't believe you lot shitting yourselves tbh.

There's no need to get blinded by those cunts over the road running around spending loads of money. We've strengthened in key areas and covered positions where we were vulnerable to injuries last year. I'd like to have seen Negredo stay but if he wanted to go then we had to ensure we got the best possible deal, which I think we have.
I can live with Utd winning the pre-season cup and the transfer window trophy, good on them - we meanwhile will have to concentrate on the silverware that actually means something.

Questy said:
Last season we won the Title with Edin, Sergio and The Beast... Beast goes and is effectively replaced with Jovetic

No last year we had four strikers in the squad, one was injured nearly all season and another had constant niggles so it was a good job that we had the four strikers because it allowed the manager to still play his preferred formation for the majority of the season. If we have similar issues with injuries to strikers this season (and let's face it, the two who we couldn't rely on to be fit last season are 2 of the 3 so it isn't the least likely scenario) then the manager has to change his formation, not because he wants to or thinks it is the right thing to do tactically but because he no longer has the right balance to the squad given that he is massively comitted to 442. I'm not sure how anyone thinks that is a good thing.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
This isn't a rant at the club in any shape or form so please bare with me.
I sit at home tonight a little confused about the past 48hrs and our policy for the coming season.
Now don't get me wrong,I am happy with the signings we have made however I feel that we are risking losing a great chance of defending the title by letting Negredo go without a replacement.
Has Financial Fair play really stopped us this window. Not sure of the figures but haven't we still got 20-25 million from the 49 left??

We are supposed to be one of the big boys now but the last 48 hrs have left me a little confused,concerned and hoping we are not shooting ourselves in the foot and in reality just playing along to the fair play tune.

Agree.
And to use the top table metaphor, yes we are bu they've handed us the children's menu.

I'm not flapping and I'm not arsed we've sold/loaned Negredo but I still am gutted that Fabregas is not a Manchester City player. To make it worse he is playing at Chelsea and between him and Costa they are now right up our arses. Fernando looks to be a good player and I'm glad we've got him but Cesc is on a different planet and is exactly the player we've wanted over the past few years. On top of that there is an ACoN in January and we will be left with Fernando and Fernandinho and then James Milner. If Yaya is away for 6 weeks we could be in real trouble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.