Are we looking to sign a striker?

I think sterling will be used from a the bench I can see pogba being used on the left if we sign him with Kdb right and kun up top with merl in in behind.

Unless I've misunderstood what you're saying, Pogba wont be used on the left wing instead of sterling, no way. He would probably sit behind silva in the position that Toure/ Dinho normally play

Not sure how this will go down, with him being an ex rag, but what about Hernandez? Clearly got the talent and proven in the PL.

Would suit our fast flowing style of play a damn sight more than Bony too. Would imagine he'd accept a role behind Kun too, providing he got his share of games.

Cavani is similar to Aguero in that he defends from the front and is very difficult to get the ball off. Suarez is also of this ilk. They're so valuable to the team ethic.
Prima dona forwards like ibrahimovic want service and nothing else. If they're not on it, you may as well be playing with 10 men.

Not sure how this will go down, with him being an ex rag, but what about Hernandez? Clearly got the talent and proven in the PL.

Would suit our fast flowing style of play a damn sight more than Bony too. Would imagine he'd accept a role behind Kun too, providing he got his share of games.

Ignoring his rag roots I still wouldn't want Hernandez, he's inconsistent and he doesn't offer you much more than a goal threat. In the modern game, and certainly in a Guardiola side, you need more than just the ability to hit the net, you need close control, passing, link up play, movement, workrate, I'm not convinced Hernandez has many of those at the level we'd require.

we need Cavani to rotate with Aguero for a single striker formation, with Nacho as a backup. Aguero will never fit all season, at some point he will get injured. Aguero will play in Copa, and Nacho in Acon on January, we really need experience striker for rotation and keep Aguero fresh. plus Nacho will learn a lot from Kun and Cavani.

Last edited:
we need Cavani to rotate with Aguero for a single striker formation, with Nacho as a backup. Aguero will never fit all season, at some point he will get injured. Aguero will play in Copa, and Nacho in Acon on January, we really need experience striker for rotation and keep Aguero fresh.

Cavani will also play in the Copa

Iheanacho's (likely) absence for 6 weeks in January/February is something we absolutely need to factor in, if Bony is still around then he'll be missing too no doubt. Could you imagine if Aguero picked up one of his not so infrequent injuries around the same time? We'd be screwed for strikers. We really do need to add another one, potentially 2 if we actually sell Bony.

Unless I've misunderstood what you're saying, Pogba wont be used on the left wing instead of sterling, no way. He would probably sit behind silva in the position that Toure/ Dinho normally play
He can play left side he put the cr
Unless I've misunderstood what you're saying, Pogba wont be used on the left wing instead of sterling, no way. He would probably sit behind silva in the position that Toure/ Dinho normally play[/QUOTE
Iheanacho's (likely) absence for 6 weeks in January/February is something we absolutely need to factor in, if Bony is still around then he'll be missing too no doubt. Could you imagine if Aguero picked up one of his not so infrequent injuries around the same time? We'd be screwed for strikers. We really do need to add another one, potentially 2 if we actually sell Bony.
We have to get rid of bonny he simply isn't up to it!

Wilf bony to stay and fight for his place imo. He is capable to play in a few games , and a striker doesn't seem to be the main priority. We can then look for another in a couple summers.
Bony will stay only if a suitable replacement can't be found. Such a player as suggested may not be an out and out striker. As for fighting for his place he would be wise to start right away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.