Are we turning into glory hunters?

I'll agree to disagree mate, I think pep is lucky to have us, and unless he sorts his arrogance and only 1 way to play which is his way I don't see us moving forward, as I said before pellegrini got league and league cup in his first season and got us to a champions league semi final, then the usual people dig you out and call you mad, seems everyone is under peps spell and he can do no wrong, well he played a weakened team against the rags in the league cup we went out they went on to win it, he played a weakened team this weekend against the rags, we blew wrapping the title up, he played his way against the dippers in the league we got spanked although result looked close, he didn't learn from that and tried to play the same way last Wednesday and got spanked again
His weakened team was 2-0 up at half time and should have been 5-0 up. He made a mistake with his team selection against Liverpool, but you can hardly argue that he got it wrong for the derby. We lost against the rags because the players came out for the second half thinking they were going to walk to the title, and the rags came out fighting. And even then, we were probably good for at least a draw if the penalty decision had gone our way.

His weakened team was 2-0 up at half time and should have been 5-0 up. He made a mistake with his team selection against Liverpool, but you can hardly argue that he got it wrong for the derby. We lost against the rags because the players came out for the second half thinking they were going to walk to the title, and the rags came out fighting. And even then, we were probably good for at least a draw if the penalty decision had gone our way.
So why did the players come out thinking that? Is it not the managers job to keep them focused? Manager who we mock went in 2 0 down our ground and lifted his players to a win, so why didn't pep make changes at 2 0 to shut up shop and see out the game, simple he can't because he wants to be the all conquering swash buckling manager and he got bit on the arse all for his principles

Will you enjoy us going out of the champions league against a team that are massively behind us in the league? Did you enjoy us throwing a game away against a team and manager we have mocked? Did you enjoy us playing a weakened team against our rivals to prioritise a game that is done? I have a grip and this last week has left me scratching my head with the manager
Honestly, you do need to get a grip though! You're either trolling or actually proving the question of this thread to be correct.

The loss at Anfield was no surprise. Our record there is poor and past matches have proved time and time again that that place is cursed for us. Oxlaide Chamberlain scored a screamer against us in January. 12 matches without a goal and then scores another one against us. Pep's smile when he scored from 35 yards was exactly like mine: "not again". Salah was marginally offside and Sane's disallowed goal should have at least been given the benefit of the doubt if Salah is going to get away with it. Neither goals fell in our favour. Although Liverpool played well, that's still pretty rotten luck.

The first half against United we played very well but should have been 4-0 up and the game should have been put to bed. City players clearly came out thinking the match had already been won and with one eye on Tuesday which is inexcusable. While Mourinho obviously tore into his players. Their first goal was a well worked goal to be honest, but the 2nd and 3rd were cheap. Not to mention, that penalty that never was even though everyone with a pair of eyeballs could see it quite clearly except the referee.

My point is, it's not as if we've played badly in both matches and the rub of the green has definitely gone against us in the last two matches.

As a final thought, as bad a week as some of making it out to be (perhaps by the standards set this season) - we'll almost certainly win the league by a large margin and we're not actually out of the Champions League yet. I've seen stranger things in football and by this football club to know that.

Honestly, you do need to get a grip though!

The loss at Anfield was no surprise. Our record there is poor and past matches have proved time and time again that that place is cursed for us. Oxlaide Chamberlain scored a screamer against us in January. 12 matches without a goal and then scores another one against us. Pep's smile when he scored from 35 yards was exactly like mine: "not again". Salah was marginally offside and Sane's disallowed goal should have at least been given the benefit of the doubt if Salah is going to get away with it. Neither goals fell in our favour. Although Liverpool played well, that's still pretty rotten luck.

The first half against United we played very well but should have been 4-0 up and the game should have been put to bed. City players clearly came out thinking the match had already been won and with one eye on Tuesday which is inexcusable. While Mourinho obviously tore into his players. Their first goal was a well worked goal to be honest, but the 2nd and 3rd were cheap. Not to mention, that penalty that never was even though everyone with a pair of eyeballs could see it quite clearly except the referee.

My point is, it's not as if we've played badly in both matches and the rub of the green hasn't gone against us.
Disagree mate, we played dog shit at anfield, not 1 shot on target embarrassing, and we were like a rabbitt caught in headlights once the first goal went in, pretty much like the league game, except that game managed a few goals to make it look respectable

I said we played well against United in the first half but not at Anfield - which was actually no great surprise!

So why did the players come out thinking that? Is it not the managers job to keep them focused? Manager who we mock went in 2 0 down our ground and lifted his players to a win, so why didn't pep make changes at 2 0 to shut up shop and see out the game, simple he can't because he wants to be the all conquering swash buckling manager and he got bit on the arse all for his principles
I agree, I'd like him to be able to play a more defensive game when necessary (especially given how good we are at counter attacking), but I don't think it's as you say. Our general strategy when leading since the turn of the year has been to conserve energy by passing the game out, not go for the kill. It's actually a good strategy when you've got a big game coming up, rather than conceding possession and spending the rest of the game chasing the ball and it's served us well so far this season, even against top teams. Obviously it's always going to be a bit of a risk when you're only 2-0 up against a decent team, but he clearly saw it as a risk worth taking. Our performance on Tuesday will show us whether it was.

I don't think glory hunters Is the right word to describe people so concerned about ome game vs. United that they have written off one of the most dominant record breaking seasons in premier league history, and a cup win, just because we lost.

There's a word for them, but glory hunter isn't it.

I'll agree to disagree mate, I think pep is lucky to have us, and unless he sorts his arrogance and only 1 way to play which is his way I don't see us moving forward, as I said before pellegrini got league and league cup in his first season and got us to a champions league semi final, then the usual people dig you out and call you mad, seems everyone is under peps spell and he can do no wrong, well he played a weakened team against the rags in the league cup we went out they went on to win it, he played a weakened team this weekend against the rags, we blew wrapping the title up, he played his way against the dippers in the league we got spanked although result looked close, he didn't learn from that and tried to play the same way last Wednesday and got spanked again

Okay, let’s get Pellegrini back, lol. Are you for real?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.