'Arry for Engerland

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Lucky Toma said:
Just written this for the Daisy Cutter.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02/redknapp-for-england-count-me-out/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thedaisycutter.co.uk/2012/02 ... nt-me-out/</a>

'Redknapp For England? Count Me Out'

I would of done anyway you being Welsh and everything

I'd recall Micky Owen and pair him up with Grant Holt.

Just guessing here but I can't see this selection troubling the top 4 in Europe

HART
K WALKER
R FERDINAND
L KING
A COLE
S PARKER
S GERRARD
A LENNON
W ROONEY
A OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN
A YOUNG

I reckon his best/the media's best 11 will look something like that, and I don't think they'd see much of the ball when they come up against Spain or Holland.
Never mind - we can always bring Crouchy on!
I hate to tell them but ScottEE Parker, Ferdinand,Walker,Lennon,Oxlade and Young have really never looked world class, or never will, come the summer, and - perish the thought - we might not win Euro 2012 even WITH ('opeless) 'Arry.

I really hope he doesn't get it on a part time basis. He'd never be able to pass up the opportunity to tap players up.

Matty said:
Damocles said:
He'd never take it and the FA (understandably) want an Englishman.

Unfortunately the below highlights the issues with that approach:-

Arsenal - French
Aston Villa - Scottish
Blackburn - Scottish
Bolton - Scottish
Chelsea - Portuguese
Everton – Scottish
Fulham - Dutch
Liverpool - Scottish
Man City - Italian
Man Utd - Scottish
Newcastle – English
Norwich - Scottish
QPR - Welsh
Sunderland - Irish
Stoke - English
Swansea - Irish
Tottenham - English
West Brom - English
Wigan - Spanish
Wolves - Irish

20 English Premiership sides, 4 English managers.

Pullis is Welsh

I just have a feeling in my bones that he will allow the media to go on and on for weeks and will then declare himself out of the running after lots of 'soul searching' and it being the 'hardest decision' he has ever made.

Leaving Psycho in charge for the Euro's !!!!!! (oh my god)

Bell-Lee-Summerbee said:
I just have a feeling in my bones that he will allow the media to go on and on for weeks and will then declare himself out of the running after lots of 'soul searching' and it being the 'hardest decision' he has ever made.

Leaving Psycho in charge for the Euro's !!!!!! (oh my god)

Keeps the media from slagging us off for a few weeks so that'll do me...

IBlue said:
Matty said:
Damocles said:
He'd never take it and the FA (understandably) want an Englishman.

Unfortunately the below highlights the issues with that approach:-

Arsenal - French
Aston Villa - Scottish
Blackburn - Scottish
Bolton - Scottish
Chelsea - Portuguese
Everton – Scottish
Fulham - Dutch
Liverpool - Scottish
Man City - Italian
Man Utd - Scottish
Newcastle – English
Norwich - Scottish
QPR - Welsh
Sunderland - Irish
Stoke - English
Swansea - Irish
Tottenham - English
West Brom - English
Wigan - Spanish
Wolves - Irish

20 English Premiership sides, 4 English managers.

Pullis is Welsh

So he is, didn't realise, so that's 3 from 20, even worse! Although, techincally, Mick McCarthy is English!

http://newsmanc.co.uk/2012/02/08/sport-rooney-looking-forward-to-underperforming-for-an-englishman/

Fabio Capello has sensationally walked away from the England manager’s job and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney has wasted no time in endorsing Harry Redknapp’s campaign to become the next national team boss.

“I have a lot of respect for Capello”, said Rooney. “But underperforming for a foreign manager just isn’t the same as underperforming for an English manager. Although McClaren wasn’t popular with fans or the press I always felt a certain amount of pride when I pulled on the England shirt for him and put in a distinctly average showing in front of someone born in my country. I’ll get that same feeling if Redknapp gets the job.”

Rooney told News Manc that he’s especially looking forward to the prospect of going to Euro 2012 in Poland and the Ukraine under an Englishman.

“I’m gutted to be missing the first two games”, admitted Rooney. “But I know that the lads will enjoy getting beaten by France and then putting in a shit performance to scrape a lucky 1-0 victory over Sweden in front of an English manager. And the sex and alcohol scandals that will take place during the competition will feel far more patriotic than under Capello or Eriksson.”

“Hopefully I can do Harry proud by coming back for a dismal performance in a demoralising 0-0 drawn with the Ukraine. And when I get a yellow card in the 73rd minute for petulantly kicking out at a Ukrainian defender after consistently shit service from our uninterested and lacklustre midfielders I’ll look over at Harry and think, “Thank God, an Englishman on the touch-line”".

Rooney also believes that Harry will be able to empathise with the players after yet another disappointing exit at the first knockout stage.

“After a brave yet ultimately futile performance and against Italy in the quarter final, probably due to bringing on Emile Heskey on for the second half, I know that Harry will put his arm around me and call me ‘triffic. That’s what an Englishman brings.”

News Manc asked Rooney about whether he sees a long-term future with England under Redknapp.

“I see us having at least six dismal years under him”, he said excitedly. “I’m already imagining the press conference after we go out of the Euros in the quarter finals and Redknapp tells the press that we’ve got a great crop of youngsters coming through just in time for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. That kind of vague bullshit just sounds wrong coming from a foreigner.”

“By the way, do you happen to know if they have brothels in Brazil? Just asking for a friend.”

I hope 'Arry does get the England Job, 'cause we know what happened to Southampton & Pompey when he left them! We can but hope the same for Spuds!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.