Arsenal 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, didn't see your post.

Lacazette is a difficult one. I think most Arsenal fans at this present moment would like to see Aubameyang & Lacazette in the same team. Whenever they've played together they've linked up well, Aubameyang starts from the left with Lacazette more central. They seem to have a genuine connection on & off the park, & Aubameyang has came out & said this week he would happily play out wide if it meant Lacazette starting. I think even against you guys we at least looked a bit more threatening when both were on the pitch.

As for the Chelsea game, i can't say i'm ever really confident with Arsenal going away to a top 6 rival, but we've certainly nothing to fear. Hopefully Torriera gets a start & we can do ourselves justice.
I suppose it's a nice dilemma to have, two top strikers. In fact, City excluded I'm not sure who else in the top 6 has such a luxury. Normally I'd say that you should make it competitive like City have done with Aguero and Jesus (with Aubameyang as the Aguero here) but for obvious reasons you lack the depth we do. That is, I'm not sure you could risk leaving a top quality player like Lacazette on the bench.

And yet, Emery doesn't seem like the type to put square pegs into round holes (left-back injury woes notwithstanding). We saw that with the team he played against us. In fact, I think he'll do exactly what I'd be hesitant to do and make it competitive between the two. And honestly I think I can only admire him for that.

It's early days and I don't know him too well, but with the rubbish Klopp's been spouting, Mourinho's moaning and Pochettino's crying, Emery might be a breath of fresh and non-whiny air. It's been a good decade or two since we could say that about an Arsenal manager! ;)

Also please beat Chelsea. I don't have any personal preferences in general for either of you guys. But I always get a laugh out of over-reactionary fans and pundits alike getting egg on their faces and you'd be doing me a personal favour with a win.

I don’t remember you guys talking about boredom when you were all but guaranteed a top 2 finish

City won’t get 100 points again, the margins are too fine

Re Arsenal - Emery is a decent enough manger but he has a big problem. Your 4 ‘best’ players Abemayang, Lacazette, Ozil and Mikitaryen cannot play in the same team. They don’t do enough

With a fair wind and United and Spurs underachieving I can see Arsenal getting 4th but I’d say it’s unlikely

To be fair, when we were in that situation, it was still very competitive us v Man Yoo.
The difference today is City is a team that only dropped 14 points ALL of last season.
The gulf then was huge between you and United. I don't think anything has changed except I expect Liverpool to replace Man Yoo as runners up but the gulf is still huge and as big as anything I can remember. I mean FFS you had KdB, Sane and Jesus come off the bench and Silva was completely missing.
Tell me where I'm wrong.

To be fair, when we were in that situation, it was still very competitive us v Man Yoo.
The difference today is City is a team that only dropped 14 points ALL of last season.
The gulf then was huge between you and United. I don't think anything has changed except I expect Liverpool to replace Man Yoo as runners up but the gulf is still huge and as big as anything I can remember. I mean FFS you had KdB, Sane and Jesus come off the bench and Silva was completely missing.
Tell me where I'm wrong.

My point was the you were all but guaranteed at least second, never
mind having to bother to compete for 4th and I don’t remember anyone from Arsenal ever saying it was boring

I didn’t think last season was boring

What about the other points I made?

mind having to bother to compete for 4th and I don’t remember anyone from Arsenal ever saying it was boring

I didn’t think last season was boring

What about the other points I made?

My point is that knowing after one game who the champions will be as assuredly as ever, means the competition is boring, something we’ve never seen before so starkly.,,

My point is that knowing after one game who the champions will be as assuredly as ever, means the competition is boring, something we’ve never seen before so starkly.,,

I don’t accept we ‘know’ that City will win the league. Favourites, yes. Guaranteed, no

Even if that was the case, teams are spending 100s of millions in this league. Blame the others for bad management

They need to relegate Özil to the subs bench , madness paying him what they are

This team would have a shot at top four

Leno

Lichsteiner sokratis koscielny monreal

Guendouzi

Ramsey torreira

Mkhitaryan Lacazette aubamayang

It's early days and I don't know him too well, but with the rubbish Klopp's been spouting, Mourinho's moaning and Pochettino's crying, Emery might be a breath of fresh and non-whiny air. It's been a good decade or two since we could say that about an Arsenal manager! ;)
Big fan of Emery mate, great manager who does his talking on the pitch, hopefully he doesn't let the English media get to him.

Tell me where I'm wrong.
Exactly. From 1996/7 to 2004/5, your lowest postion was 3rd, and that was on goal difference. That wasn't boring at the time, was it?

You can't blame City for making it a procession, and I know you won't blame it on City's spending, as you're far to sensible for that (NOT being sarcastic there, by the way), as the names Henry Norris and Danny Fizsman would immediately be thrown back at you.

As a general observation, I find that fans of clubs who were lording it at the top of the tree for many years (the 'istree clubs, if you like), find it difficult to accept the new kids on the block, who have arrived via a large cash injection from a new owner. This is despite the fact that they all got there themselves by the same method in the past, which is generally whitewashed from their history in arguments on the subject.

At the end of the day, it's only a game of 22 players kicking a football around. But that's just the starting point for debate amongst fans.

Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.