Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I was at the game today. A strange game, very defensive from both sides. Kovacic was lucky not to be sent off. A great atmosphere, funny how 3,000 mancs tried to drown out ‘North London Forever’ with little effect. I thought we defended well, restricting City to little shots on target.

Declan Rice was immense. Worth every pound. Jesus was a constant threat and Martinelli was the big difference. Saliba and Gabriel a brick wall.

I‘m surprised at the criticism on here by you lot towards your team. It was a close match and a moment changed it. It could’ve been a draw apart from that. Rico, your best player.
Because in a game like that when neither side deserved to win the weaknesses are exacerbated, Rodri's miss is huge and worse because it was self inflicted, our back three are getting worse with the ball at their feet. Haaland is a shadow without KDB. The set up with a very wobbly City nearly worked. I think we could have and should have been ahead. Would have begrudgingly settled for 0;0 as that was about as much as both teams deserved really. Martinelli is your man, 1000 classier than Saka tbf...and made a huge difference, other than that a turgid game for two teams who could easily finish behind Liverpool and Spurs...early days but neither of us look great

Because in a game like that when neither side deserved to win the weaknesses are exacerbated, Rodri's miss is huge and worse because it was self inflicted, our back three are getting worse with the ball at their feet. Haaland is a shadow without KDB. The set up with a very wobbly City nearly worked. I think we could have and should have been ahead. Would have begrudgingly settled for 0;0 as that was about as much as both teams deserved really. Martinelli is your man, 1000 classier than Saka tbf...and made a huge difference, other than that a turgid game for two teams who could easily finish behind Liverpool and Spurs...early days but neither of us look great
Behind Spurs?. Dodgy decisions and added time bordering on extra time keeping them afloat.

I was at the game today. A strange game, very defensive from both sides. Kovacic was lucky not to be sent off. A great atmosphere, funny how 3,000 mancs tried to drown out ‘North London Forever’ with little effect. I thought we defended well, restricting City to little shots on target.
Really?

Maybe it was just through TV but for 90% of the game the Emirates sounded absolutely dead.

Behind Spurs?. Dodgy decisions and added time bordering on extra time keeping them afloat.
Ange has a very strong winning mentality = takes you a long way with an above average team, Leicester won on mentality...

We just wasn’t ourselves today. I saw a few of our players getting frustrated with each other for not making forward or the correct passes. Rico looked well annoyed once or twice which was good to see.

Declan Rice was immense. Worth every pound. Jesus was a constant threat and Martinelli was the big difference. Saliba and Gabriel a brick wall.

I‘m surprised at the criticism on here by you lot towards your team. It was a close match and a moment changed it. It could’ve been a draw apart from that. Rico, your best player.

The criticism is because we were fucking toothless. Other than away at Spurs and at Anfield we usually dominate and get at teams. We looked like 0-0 was all we wanted, and perhaps that was the case with Rodri missing. Whilst Arsenal will get a lot of plaudits for that win, and you can only beat what is in front of you, we were abysmal compared to our usual standards.

Kovacic was shocking again, but we had absolutely no threat for the majority of the game. We usually rock up to big games and dominate and even if the result doesn't always go our way, we tend to have been the better side.

Three games without Rodri and 3 defeats goes a long way to explaining why!

Positively for us, your draw to Fulham means there's not a huge gap and if we survive survive internationals we hopefully go into a tough run of games with the bit between our teeth.

Since Rodri went off after 46 minutes of the Forest game..played 3 matches and 3 defeats…1 goal (free kick) in 3.5 matches…not a single goal from open play in those 3.5 matches, worst shots total under Pep today in a match.
Not great. Something else as well, the amount of times we’ve gone behind this season…WHU Red Star Wolves Newcastle Arsenal…need to sack that off too & pronto.

All very similar to last season. Off the back of what we achieved we needed to freshen things up and sadly other than Doku, when we have needed our new signings to drive us, they've failed to. Rodri, Stones, Bernardo and KDB all being out, as well as Grealish hasn't helped and really, things would be much worse if Alvarez hadn't been in superb form.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.