Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I agree, they had one more shot on target 2-1. One more corner at 5-4 but more shots... some of their attempts almost hit the top of the stand. I thought a draw would have been a fair result really. If Oliver would have played on, instead of blowing his whistle right away, maybe Lewis might not have put a hand on that ball and finished the move? Yes, Oliver could have easily sent Kovacic off. So, not all the decisions by Oliver.
Yes a draw was a fair result. They just got a flukey goal which got them their first win against us since the Pellegrini era LOL. AND we had a weakened team out.

Spot on. We would have walloped them with our strongest side. Still fancy us strongly for the title. as you say it Arsenals CF and they were due a win.
They had key players out too, looked like both teams struggled today without 3 /4 key players...Arsenal were pretty poor and ordinary i thought

Can't wait to field this team.
Ederson
Walker Dias Josko
Rodri Stones
Foden KDB
Doku Haaland Grealish

Bench
Akanji Alvarez Nunes Kova Bobb Lewis Ake

Let's judge our new boys when our two world class midfielders are playing with them and Stones is dropping into midfield.
Bernard?

Are you referring to Gundogans whopping 8 league goals, 4 of which were in 2 games?
i don’t get the kova/gundo comparisons honestly. city bought kova early in the window, at that point there was no talk of him being gundo’s replacement even though there was a lot of talk of gundo leaving. when gundo’s departure was announced there was a huge shift in narrative. kova is a work horse, not a fancy racing horse.
if i knew he doesn’t do g/a do people really think pep and the board didn’t know? it was clear they were after another midfielder, it just didn’t go smoothly unfortunately.

also, he’s not a 6, and now everyone’s surprised he didn’t excel at replacing rodri of all people, RODRI??? i wonder how many of the people slating kova are in the let’s give kalvin a chance camp? only 2 years difference between them and a year longer under pep i believe.

stupid decisions today though, fully deserves getting slated for that of course.

i thought we were way too passive today. It was clear from the outset that their keeper was having a bad day but we failed to exploit it. Far too many of our players just failed to show up.

The biggest concern for me is that in the absence of Rodri we dont appear to have a plan B.
Without KDB we were a bit John Wayne Bobbitt today, even with Nervous Nelly/Mavis Riley in nets for them. Reminiscent of Peps disaster class at Anfield this time last season

I was at the game today. A strange game, very defensive from both sides. Kovacic was lucky not to be sent off. A great atmosphere, funny how 3,000 mancs tried to drown out ‘North London Forever’ with little effect. I thought we defended well, restricting City to little shots on target.

Declan Rice was immense. Worth every pound. Jesus was a constant threat and Martinelli was the big difference. Saliba and Gabriel a brick wall.

I‘m surprised at the criticism on here by you lot towards your team. It was a close match and a moment changed it. It could’ve been a draw apart from that. Rico, your best player.

replay 30 of his 52 goals and most were self inclicted because the opposition stretched their back four across the pitch, meaning that the realgenius..KDB could slide rule 10 passes per game between full backs and centre halves - teams have cottoned on + no KDB = Haaland struggles
How did he score his goals in Germany? Genuine question as I don't know. Did German defences stretch the back four across the pitch? If they did perhaps we need to buy whoever fed him in that league. Unless it was that permanently 17-year old who has gone elsewhere.

How did he score his goals in Germany? Genuine question as I don't know. Did German defences stretch the back four across the pitch? If they did perhaps we need to buy whoever fed him in that league. Unless it was that permanently 17-year old who has gone elsewhere.
I don't know, genuine answer, but start of last season till about March teams thought he could head a ball///massive advantage to KDB ...he can thread through an eye of a needle. I saw Haalands goals for Norway and he looked some player, streaming past players after turning them and finishing from 20 yards...maybe it was because he played in a counter attacking intl team. whereas in Germany, i don't know. All i can see is a difference in how teams defend against us = nullifies him especially without Kev

Since Rodri went off after 46 minutes of the Forest game..played 3 matches and 3 defeats…1 goal (free kick) in 3.5 matches…not a single goal from open play in those 3.5 matches, worst shots total under Pep today in a match.
Not great. Something else as well, the amount of times we’ve gone behind this season…WHU Red Star Wolves Newcastle Arsenal…need to sack that off too & pronto.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.