Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Arsenal were not convincing and we were the worst I have seen us in long time. We are the team to beat just need to find solutions to games without Rodri.

It still early days let they all write us off… sky was lapping it up like always…

replay 30 of his 52 goals and most were self inclicted because the opposition stretched their back four across the pitch, meaning that the realgenius..KDB could slide rule 10 passes per game between full backs and centre halves - teams have cottoned on + no KDB = Haaland struggles
Look at his career - goal a game for Dortmund, 35 in 32 in the Champions League, 25 in 26 for Norway. Kevin is an immortal genius but he's only been playing in the same team as Haaland for a year. Haaland scores no matter the style of the team - he's scored loads playing with Kevin and loads without (over a few years). What I would say is that our established game under Pep is all about pulling the opposition out of shape playing some counter intuitive football (passing to players who are being marked and drawing opponents in before switching the ball to the opposite flank). If we score early, it usually has the effect of creating uncertainty in the opponent's gameplan - i.e. do they try and pull a goal back or did they still sit deep? We usually exploit that uncertainty. At the moment, we're getting bogged down in every opponent's low block. Even teams known for attacking, play a low block against us. Can teams be perfect against us every week with their low block - regardless of whether we're in top form? I don't think so, plus our form will return.

The criticism is because we were fucking toothless. Other than away at Spurs and at Anfield we usually dominate and get at teams. We looked like 0-0 was all we wanted, and perhaps that was the case with Rodri missing. Whilst Arsenal will get a lot of plaudits for that win, and you can only beat what is in front of you, we were abysmal compared to our usual standards.

Kovacic was shocking again, but we had absolutely no threat for the majority of the game. We usually rock up to big games and dominate and even if the result doesn't always go our way, we tend to have been the better side.

Three games without Rodri and 3 defeats goes a long way to explaining why!

Positively for us, your draw to Fulham means there's not a huge gap and if we survive survive internationals we hopefully go into a tough run of games with the bit between our teeth.
Absolutely spot on, we turned up as Premier league and European champions to play like Luton or Bournemouth would going there - to hopefully nick a 0-0 draw. Nothing whatsoever in that performance suggested otherwise. Arsenal were barely good enough for the win but no one can argue against that city got what they deserved.. in my 20 years of following city I honestly dont recall a game in which we didn't have a go, its completely inexcusable. Yes we had an injury/ suspension but theres 18 other managers in the premier league who would swap their own teams for the one that started for city today, its no excuse at all.

We need Rodri substitute ASAP. Better from Laliga or Spainish .We'll know hell when rodri gets injured for a month or something. It could happen and last season was really lucky without key player injuries. And pep should not give a singele minute to philips as giving him any false hope that he could play in this city team. He just simply can't. Keeping him is like a false hope that we don't need CDM backup and we seriously need it .

The problem stems from the system which I admire and it has won us tons of trophies so how can you complain?

Players seem happy to go through the motions of pass and pass and pass and pass and pass with no real intent/purpose. It’s the minimum requirement in a pep team. Keep discipline in the system and be comfortable on the ball in tight spaces. Well over the last two games we are doing just that so what’s the problem? Spontaneity? Some games you need a bit of flair/ a creative spark to unlock the defence. A player who takes chances with a quality ball.

Every player is in robot mode. Bernie looks like he still has the bags packed. Rico is in again to try and add an increased tempo to our play.

We have become dull. Sort it out pep.

Now just for the record, I am not spoiled and expect lots of ups and down. Nor am I ungrateful and if we never win another trophy I won’t care after the enormous achievement to date. We are sleepwalking and it shows. We shouldn’t need kdb and Rodri to beat wolves nor Arsenal. In theory anyway with the quality players we possess. Seeing nothing from them to suggest a winning run is around the corner.

Need to look at Kyle. He was great but unfortunately his attitude only rubbed off on gvardiol.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.