Arsenal post match thread

Not tonight he didn't. What would you have done?
What would you do different Einstein?
I wouldn't have played Yaya Toure as a holding midfielder, affording Ozil (the most creative player in the league this season, even before his two assists today) all of the space in the world. Carragher has absolutely nailed it in his post match tonight and I completely agree, he pretty much word for word sums up exactly why Pellegrini got it wrong.

If I could sum us up in one word it'd be "slow". I started counting the Arsenal players when we were attacking. I guess you could say we dominated possession but I think in reality we lost a tactical battle and played at their pace.

Blame Delph as it was his stupid Fucking needless ball back when he had Fern in acres of space 5 yards away from him but felt he need to play a CB into trouble with 2 attackers round him.
Tbh, the whole passage of play got my back up because I thought something might fuck up. We just needed to get to half time at 1-0 but fairplay to Arsenal, they pressured us into rushed passes by closing us down ending with Mangala playing a cross field ball to no-one which led to the goal. At that point Mangala should have just booted it to Cech and had done with it.

Everyone involved in that passage of play was culpable to a point but Mangala's aimless ball made a hairy situation fatal and there's no getting away from that I'm afraid.

Does anyone genuinely believe we'll beat any of the big teams we play. Only once have we put in a performance worthy of the talent, and that was away in Spain. Arsenal were nowhere near their best, but they were good enough to beat us. I don't know which is the saddest indictment. Being 6 points behind Leicester, or only 3 ahead of the rags and palace.

In the league? Not a chance

Not letting these over paid pricks spoil my Christmas.
I can only say they are playing like a team who know the manager is off at the end of the season.
We need a major overhaul all over the pitch.
All the best to you blues, roll on sunderland and merry Xmas....

That's my biggest worry as well mate,Sven all over again ?,anyway as you say fuck um its Xmas,all the best Blue !

You need to go fuck off back to whoever you supported before. What has what we've spent got to do with supporting your team?.. I know the red press love the gazillions quotes but for a supposed City fan to quote shit like this is indefensible. The team played well, 69 percent possession and got beat by a wonder strike. Get real. I hate this forum as its literally turned into ragsville with posters thinking that we're entitled to win everything at a cantor. Football isn't like that and City certainly aren't either.

Well said. We were white at Stoke. Not so tonight. And we know we will at some point soon get the run of results that will give back the confidence. I saw that tonight as well. Scoreline at half time flattered Arsenal. 2nd half they could counter attack when they played like Chelsea. If they'd scored a 3rd we would've been slaughtered. We scored and nearly overrun them. We are chasing and we are good at that. Let's see where we are in 4-5weeks time ...

Come on fella get real...unlucky? Arsenal could have made it 3-4 easily if they had been on point.

It was men against boys tonight, and that comes from a stokie who hates arsenal ever since the shawcross debacle of 2009.
Maybe you didn't see the quotation marks? Yes they had 3-4 chances, and took 2. We had at least 3-4 chances, and took 1. We had most of the possession and twice as many shots (only a couple more on target). Arsenal were poor; Stoke, Liverpool, even Swansea created more than them. Had we set up properly and marked Ozil (as Arsenal marked Silva) those first 2 chances that ended up as goals don't go in. Maybe you haven't watched City play the last few, but this was a large improvement...

The "unlucky" part is Walcott finishing it from where he did, probably a 1 in 10 at best, and KdB missing an 8 in 10 sixty seconds earlier.

If you think Arsenal were good in that game I'd be pretty surprised. Men against boys is total nonsense, they were clinical but had to be as they didn't keep possession well, didn't create many chances & didn't defend particularly well - we could have even nicked a point at the end, and could have won it had we set up properly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.