Arsenal post match thread

I wouldn't have played Yaya Toure as a holding midfielder, affording Ozil (the most creative player in the league this season, even before his two assists today) all of the space in the world. Carragher has absolutely nailed it in his post match tonight and I completely agree, he pretty much word for word sums up exactly why Pellegrini got it wrong.

Yaya didn't play in mid 2 in first half. When we were chasing the game second half he did.

i'd swap mangala for just about anyone with two functioning legs
I would swap him for two pints of lager and a packet of crisps and having second thoughts about it would want my lager back the quicker he goes the better just not up to the standard we require

106 touches, 90 passes, 92.2 pass rating, 3 key passes, 4 shot, 1 goal.

Horrific

His work rate was fucking terrible mate! Stats don't tell the full story, look at the stats for us tonight... 60% possession, 20 shots, 88 pass success rate.... given that you'd think we played like Barcelona but we looked far from it!

Most of you lot disgust me.

No better than that shocking Arse fans performance.

You can go fuck yourselves. I'm going to Sunderland and Leicester to cheer my champions on.

You can do what you want.

Wankers.

The funny thing is the stats make it look like we dominated them....

Arsenal Manchester City
Overall
Possession %
37.1 62.9

Shots

Total shots
8 20
On target
5 6
Off target
3 8
Blocked
0 6

Passes

Passing %
78.5 88
Attacking 3rd %
64.3 81.6
Key Passes
8 18

Attack

Clear-Cut Chances
3 1
Crosses %
11.1 16.7
Dribbles %
55 63.2
Corners
4 8
Offsides
3 1
Recoveries
74 70

Defence

Tackles %
61.9 52.6
Interceptions
27 17
Blocks
6 0
Clearances
21 22
Headed Clearances
10 11
Aerial Duels %
60 40
Blocked Crosses
4 2

Goalkeeping

Saves
5 3
Catches %
100 0

Discipline

Fouls Committed
5 16
Fouls Won
15 5
Yellow Cards
0 2
Red Cards
0 0

The only stat that matters is the scoreline and the scoreline says that we LOST again!! I don't usually lose my temper with the team but tonight I have. Don't ask me why, because normally I am pragmatic about a loss but tonight they have royally annoyed me.............. in fact they actually made me issue my yearly swear word......... stupid, stupid blooming team. I apologise for that

106 touches, 90 passes, 92.2 pass rating, 3 key passes, 4 shot, 1 goal.

Horrific
A perfect example of how misleading stats can be; he is NOT a holding midfielder, he is an attacking midfielder who should be given zero defensive responsibility. That said, like I've mentioned already, I think it's Pellegrini's fault for playing him there, rather than Yaya.

Manager takes the fault. Playing Yaya in a 2 man midfield away at one of the top teams again is unforgivable. We actually played OK, and were "unlucky" to get nothing, but that "bad luck" comes from Yaya in a 2 man not bothering to mark Ozil, their best player, their form player, their only creative player.. Totally ludicrous. Yaya has to take some blame, but we know for a fact he won't do that job even if asked to, so why put him in that position?

They were crap, we could have won this if we were set up correctly, that's what was painful today, not the performance.

Agreed and it's the same over and over again Roll-on the summer and the new manager, this season like last is a write off.

Truth be told we are over reliant on two injury prone players
Without aguero and kompany our attack and defense becomez average. It shouldnt be happening after all that spending.
We played well in first 30 mins and last 10 with 50 mins of average football
I think most blues expected we'd get beat tonight. We've been very poor for quite some time with the odd good game. But it's happened plenty of times before where we've started to click and then gone on a rn. No one else is looking good apart from Leicester. You've got to think that at some point they will lose a couple of players to injury

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.