Arsenal post match thread

This picture just about sums up the state of our defence at times

j5bg9w.jpg

Jesus christ thats bad!

You clearly keep misreading what I'm putting. I'm not saying the result was because of bad luck, in fact I quite literally stated that our manager was at fault for the loss IMO, maybe you missed that? Don't feel the need to repeat which aspects I called "unlucky" or what I meant by putting quotation marks, I've already done that & it's there for you to read.

Piss poor throughout after first 30 minutes? Last 20 Yaya ran riot, not sure what the first 70 was about. Defended with relative ease? We almost nicked a point 2-3 times at the end, they were poor at closing up shop.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we look like world beaters, but if you think we were shite and Arsenal were great then I feel we watched different matches, tactically we were set up wrong and were clearly losers in those stakes, but as for performance on the pitch, it was 10 fold better than what I expected after watching recent matches and far from dismal when you compare that performance to Stoke, Liverpool or Swansea. As for Arsenal, I expected way more, they could & should have done more damage against a horribly out of form & shambolic defence - they got the result so they'll be happy, but they didn't play well. Men against boys is nonsense when you're using it to say they were tactically better than us, unless you're saying Wenger vs Pellegrini was men against boys - in which case I'd be closer to your opinion.

I won't accept the bias comment though, if we're shite I say we're shite, if people blame the refs or say there's an agenda I say bullshit, when there are threads saying everyone is against us I call them out & point out that we get our own share of luck too. I absolutely have no problem calling us out or giving praise to opposition, I just don't think that was the case at all today.

Making it difficult to reply with that much in a post...

It WAS 100% men against boys . Arsenal defended better, attacked better(clinical in front of goal converting more goals with less chances), and were clearly drilled better all over the pitch. They key here is that stats betray this game, all the "oh but we COULD(aka didn't) have defended that bit better" etc is pretty irrelevant. The point is arsenal didn't over extend anywhere on the pitch, stuck to a game plan, executed it well...and city didn't.

Yes, piss poor or the rest of the game. Even when you claim yaya was running riot, it only seemed that way because the rest of the team were literally all over the shop in the last 20 minutes running like headless chickens meaning yaya managed to find space...as i said previously if arsenal were on point this evening on the break, then that scoreline would have ended more like 4/5-0 by the end.

The fact that arsenal were average, and you yourself claim this, only serves to prove my point. It sucks but thats football sometimes, sack the manager, offload the deadweight asap and sign a CM, ST, and CB in january. Perhaps a temp manager will be enough without all the signings until the summer.

Surgery is needed now though in some form.

Fernandinho - works bloody hard but offers little in way of an attacking force nor he is a defence minded player.
Never played in his best position for me, spends most of his time covering others.

I'd tell Yaya to sit in front of the 2 CB's and only go forward if we get corners or free kicks, and I'd let Fernandhino do the box to box stuff. He's good at it, but limited by Yaya, who doesn't have the legs for it. Yaya is good enough to control the game sat in front of the 2 CB's.

Gif of the edge of penalty area tackle/foul on aguero? No replay of it.

Last edited:
Was pissed off for about 20 minutes before deciding it wasn't worth the effort. Our recent form sucks and Hart is right. We need to be playing a lot better and we ain't. Can't be arsed going through the same tedious bollocks of the whys and wherefores as its being done to death, resurrected and died a thousand lingering deaths since. The only saving grace? All the other top teams (and I use the word 'top' generously) are largely wank which is something to cling to I guess.

As for opposition teams doing their homework, nullifying our threats and, oh I don't know, using tactics against us is really starting to grate. I mean is it allowed? Should someone tell Pellers? Seems only fair he be given a heads up.

Regressing under MP and at a rate of knots however the saving grace is with a new manager and players who know how to implement a game plan that stifles the life out of oppositions we will be stiffer competition in years to come.

By players I mean better than the ones we currently have.

Its possible and the owners will eventually get it right.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.