Arsenal post match thread

People have been calling for Pellegrini to go since last season. Nothing knee jerk.

Agree about tonight, it wasn't the worst performance.

Its the same old with him. We have another 21 league games to sit through then hopefully Pep comes in to save us

That's a bullshit excuse, apart from Kompany who else was missing from our best 11? I know Aguero wasn't fully fit but still. Arsenal had their first choice CM pairing out and their best player as well. Without Kompany we play like a mid table side and that's worrying considering how much we've spent.
No I agree with you, probably didn't phrase it correctly. We should be battering teams with the players at our disposal. Yes we've had injuries, but our backup striker and CB weren't exactly cheap. We should be at least 3 points in front of Arsenal, even including their win tonight.

Just got home.
Not sure what match some posters were watching, but decent performance away at main title rivals.
six fixtures ago i would have accepted being 4 points behind Arse tonight.
all to play for.
goodnight.

People have been calling for Pellegrini to go since last season. Nothing knee jerk.

I consider those who were not willing to give Pellegrini this season a knee jerker to tbh. We finished second to a Mourinho Chelsea with many players having a great season for them.

For myself the calculated assumption Pep is coming is correct so right now i am basing anything we do with that in mind.
Unless we implode changing manager now would be madness imo and very knee jerk indeed.
If Guardiola had not said anything i would agree with you 100% but he has and we are still well in the race for the title.

Chelsea were at pains to sack their manager and they are in far far worse shape than us.

tl;dr be careful what you wish for

Just got home.
Not sure what match some posters were watching, but decent performance away at main title rivals.
six fixtures ago i would have accepted being 4 points behind Arse tonight.
all to play for.
goodnight.
with you there mate. Arse awayvthis side of Xmas when they care doing their usual scouse style 'this is our year' thing is always a tough fixture. Thankfully they usually fare no better than Jesus by good Friday and there is usually no resurrection either.

No I agree with you, probably didn't phrase it correctly. We should be battering teams with the players at our disposal. Yes we've had injuries, but our backup striker and CB weren't exactly cheap. We should be at least 3 points in front of Arsenal, even including their win tonight.
We've just wasted too much money. Someone needs arresting for criminal activity because the sheikhs been robbed hundreds of millions these past few seasons.

Fair enough, I respect your opinion but we finished 8 points behind said champions and they've sacked their manager.

It's a results, not a stats game game but sometimes you have to go by your eyes and mine are tired. I honestly think a change some time ago (after the rags away) was the right thing.

Nothing we have done this year has altered my thought at all on that score and we failed to bring in or develop a key defender or two with the work rate required to add real value to the first team.

We lost the two games against Juventus a side some say after the number of years we have had to develop this squad we should be beating in Europe now.

His record against sides that press us and know his lack of tactical nous is poor and as someone earlier posted we have conceded 2 or more goals in over 33 per cent of his matches in charge.

We lose games we should get points out of too often and last night was no exception.

A reasonable manager but never one to take us to where the owners want us to be.

Very disappointed in our premiership performances and results to date.

We have gone backwards this season despite the investment.

Its obvious despite the need to invest much further in new players that MP cannot get the players he has playing to their best nearly often enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.