Arsenal post match thread

Well let's see then . Lose 2 of the next three and the top 4 spot is in serious doubt . That's pressure . MP is paid well enough to weather this storm so lets hope he brings it off . Tonight was better and there's still hope
No matter what happens in the next 3 games, in fact even the next 21, he's going nowhere, because the next manager is already decided, so unless you fancy Kidd for 5 months, we'll have the same manager in May as we do now. Then we'll change, as has been the plan for 3 years.

Not arsed. Emirates before Xmas was always going to be tough and id have taken a point before the match with arse in their usual first half of the season form. We were not good today but they were on the ropes at the end, and that plus the way they celebrated the win like it was the title tells me all I need to know about their ambition. Fair play they won the game, and are now the current holders of the second place at Xmas cup.

It's become a hallmark of this team. Who have we got upfront. A half-fit striker, or Bony who is going to be back in the cold now

We really made a mistake a season or so ago when we went back to one striker. It means we are totally reliant on Aguero. Bony goes back into cold storage now, and that ensures the next time Aguero gets injured, he'll be rubbish. We need to play with 2 strikers. It'll look great when Aguero starts to fly, but just as likely he'll get injured again

A fit Aguero and we'd be fine.

I have to hold my hands up, I was relieved when we went to one striker. I felt our CL performances were suffering playing with 2 strikers. As it happens I don't think it's made a great deal of difference and there are times this season where 2 strikers would have helped us out.

Everyone was screaming from the roof tops last season to play with a 5 man midfield. I think our issues ATM are down to a poor work ethic and one or two players who are not good enough.

Let's stop shitting ourselves and wake up to the truth. We are the only team still in every competition. Yes we had a bad day at the office but we will win the league and we will lose ineurope. I remember the old third division as do most of you so keep the faith
Nothing compared to the bad old days. How did we make it through?

Getting tired of excuses. So many times we've been beaten this season or drawn games we should have won. We have to make it happen. And it was almost annoying to see that last 15 minutes. What about the rest of the game? Do the players really want to win enough? Hunger was definitely an issue last season. This season Kompany looked like he was intent on making up for last season where his attitude was poor (in my opinion). Without him we have no leadership.
OK you and others have worn me down mate.
After the Swansea game ( a victory no less I was totally down), but tonight despite a defeat I saw some positives and an individual error that ultimately cost us the game. On another night we get a draw or even a win.
So criticism of Uncle P and the team is well justified over the season so far but a bit harsh on tonight's performance.
Crumbs of comfort I know.

We keep going on about when Kompany comes back, do we really think he'll stay fit for the rest of the season.
( Not a chance. )

Best City have played since Bournemouth in October. Should have been a draw but Navas's inability to hit a barn door this season came to the fore. Indeed with the chances we had (20 to Arsenal's 8) we should have won!
Negatives:
[1] Mangala's hideous pass to an Arsenal player for their 2nd goal; He needs to be replaced in the January window as he's a liability.
[2] The failure YET AGAIN of Fernandinho/Sagna/Otamendi to close down a midfielder running with the ball giving them a free shot from outside the right hand side of the box
[3] Navas's shooting.
[4] Bony. What a waste of money for a sack of spuds.
Positives:
[1] Aguero back - sadly it always takes a few games to get his eye in. A fully fit/sharp Aguero would have scored two tonight rather then limply glancing the ball directly to Cech.
[2] YaYa - As per the end of the Swansea game, he looks to have found fitness and power again. If that's the case then the rest of the league should be very worried. He blocked the middle of midfield preventing Arsenal attacks down the middle for the first half but gradually went more attacking as the game went on. I'm not a great supporter of YaYa of late but he played well tonight.
[3] Formation. You got it right Pellers. Please stick with it till the end of the season so we can be consistent.
[4] Fitness. Pace and speed of movement are much improved and City ran Arsenal ragged. Indeed Arsenal were totally clapped out for the last 15 mins.

Let's stop shitting ourselves and wake up to the truth. We are the only team still in every competition. Yes we had a bad day at the office but we will win the league and we will lose ineurope. I remember the old third division as do most of you so keep the faith

We've had four bad days at the office in the last 7 weeks.

Our form, at the minute, is woeful.

Never mind the post-match analysis. We were watching the pre-match analysis of how we'd set up (with Pellers saying in advance that Delph would play on the left) and said we hoped Pellers was watching too and realise it would be a mistake. I don't really know what KDB was supposed to be doing, but he wasn't doing it well. Yaya might not be what he was, and giving him any defensive duties is daft, but anything we did came through him - and if those in front of him moved around a bit more he'd have far more chance of passing forward rather than back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.