Arsenal post match thread

Nothing is won In December, foundations are laid.

We are 6 points behind Leicester yet have to play them twice. 5 points behind Arsenal yet also have to play them again.

A long way to go. I will remember the Arsenal celebrations from last night as if they had won the title, reminded me of when the dippers beat us 3-2 at Anfield the year they fell apart. I enjoyed rubbing the dippers nose in it more when the title was awarded. Hopefully the same will happen.

I understand teams celebrating but that last night was for me a tad embarrassing or I am just not used to City being the scalp we seem to be these days.
Absolutely, you are a huge scalp, we had similar celebrations when we beat Bayern, knowing full well we've won nothing. We won't face another english team as good as you this season so the celebrations were well founded, don't forget we haven't had a "title" clash for about 10 years so this is big for us.

Possible, and by no means were you hammered or anything (however you could have been as we really should have scored from those 2 other chances), however i think the thing id be most disappointed with if i was a city fan is the lack of passion/desire/work rate from almost all the city players. Again, I'm not sitting on my high horse, I've seen the same from arsenal many times however this season and most of last season we seem to have got rid of that bad attitude.

Not at all bud, nowt wrong with stating it as you see it without any bullshit added, i prefer that. A couple of other fans come on and have banter to, one is your arch enemy aka Crouchinho the spurs fella and sometimes Jack (Utd fan). Calling a spade a spade is fine in my book whoever you support.

Yeah the passion bit is where i can stay calm now as it does seem Pep is coming to us, ofc if that falls through i will go apeshit haha.
So yeah that does piss me off and some players need to go. I just feel Pellegrini does his best and keeping superstars on it game after game is something only the old piss can managed.
That is until Guardiola came along, and tbf Mourinho to even if he came with a 3yr expiry date. Klopp is the same but we need to wait and see his credentials outside of Dortmund yet.

We should havemore fire and desire defo but it is something i have accepted now we won't change until summer.
We will stutter along and hopefully be in the mix near the end.

Possible, and by no means were you hammered or anything (however you could have been as we really should have scored from those 2 other chances), however i think the thing id be most disappointed with if i was a city fan is the lack of passion/desire/work rate from almost all the city players. Again, I'm not sitting on my high horse, I've seen the same from arsenal many times however this season and most of last season we seem to have got rid of that bad attitude.
The other two chances you had were created by us having to take risks. The game was decided by a complete cock up for your second goal.

You've just answered yourself with that reply. So it should've been MP getting the shit for the team set up not Yaya playing in a shit position correct? Just seemed strange to me you were bigging up Delph who played shit playing out of position on the left wing yet you were slagging Yaya..

Not seeing much "bigging up Delph" in my original comment......is he quicker? yes........does he have more energy? Yes........Not saying Delph is a better player than Yaya. You think Yaya is quicker and has more energy? sorry...disagree completely! But I do agree...MP has to take some of the blame, as felt he didnt put players in the best positions to play to their strenghts...

"Playing Delph out wide on the left was not the right move for this game...We need quicker players with lots of energy in the middle"

I'm not sure what to make of city,
I can't understand why some expected us to completely outplay them and win easily and are somehow ok with playing well and losing.
You got silva de Bruyne Toure sterling Aguero. It's like a premier league dream team, im not surprised we sat back and approached the game in the same way we did against Bayern munich. City have so much talent in their side that I'd take that performance and win against them yesterday every day. We paid you the sort of respect, tactically, that we ll only do against Bayern and Barca , because of the calibre of players you have.
I don't understand why your expectations seem so low this season when you have such a great team.
Because my friend we're a bit like Wales in the past, we have a few fantastic players, a few above average players and , crucially, a few absolute pub players who should be no where near our 1st team, ally that to em not working hard enough & you may understand our negativity.

Absolutely, you are a huge scalp, we had similar celebrations when we beat Bayern, knowing full well we've won nothing. We won't face another english team as good as you this season so the celebrations were well founded, don't forget we haven't had a "title" clash for about 10 years so this is big for us.

Sorry but as a fellow gooner you are making us sound like some pub team thats just taken a big scalp. We can be like that when we beat bayern or barca as they are on another 2 levels to anyone else, but we are a lot closer to city, maybe even on a similar level. Any of the big 4 pl teams beating another should not be considered a huge 'scalp', but it can be considered a huge result. If i'm honest, its a bit embarrassing as a fellow arsenal fan, we aren't some small plucky team thats somehow pulled off their biggest win in years.

Regarding the celebrations, that insult has been aimed at us many times. surely its better then the passionless attitude that city showed yesterday? Our players recognised it was a big game, they were knackered, and probably the fact you scored late raised the adrenaline a bit more. Had it stayed at 2-0, i don't think they would have celebrated as much.

What would you do different Einstein?
toure has made a living in the past5 yrs of terrorising teams30-35 yds from "Their goal" not collecting the ball 30 yds from our goal,I'd have played Delph /fernandinho as 2 sitting midfielders then have toure silva de Bruyne running riot in midfield interchanging /supporting aguero &have sterling/navas (who I'd have great pleasure if he never wore a city kit again for me "no goals in 60 games says it all"worst winger I've ever seen in 35 yrs as a season tkt holder) allow toure to stay no more than40 yds from the oppositions goals because quite frankly in our half he's a liberty!!!

Sorry but as a fellow gooner you are making us sound like some pub team thats just taken a big scalp. We can be like that when we beat bayern or barca as they are on another 2 levels to anyone else, but we are a lot closer to city, maybe even on a similar level. Any of the big 4 pl teams beating another should not be considered a huge 'scalp', but it can be considered a huge result. If i'm honest, its a bit embarrassing as a fellow arsenal fan, we aren't some small plucky team thats somehow pulled off their biggest win in years.

Regarding the celebrations, that insult has been aimed at us many times. surely its better then the passionless attitude that city showed yesterday? Our players recognised it was a big game, they were knackered, and probably the fact you scored late raised the adrenaline a bit more. Had it stayed at 2-0, i don't think they would have celebrated as much.
City have won the league twice in the last 4 years, they rightly start as favourites for the title every season. Their squad is worth hundreds of millions.
We haven't seriously challenged for the title since 2005.
Its a big scalp alright, city have these title favourites clashes every season for the last 5, this is our first for a decade. I like our team, but we have a long way to go before we can see city as just another 3 points. That was a huge game for us against on paper a better team. Look at their bench, Sterling Navas Bony. We had Gibbs Ox iwobi and Maitland. They have the most talented squad in the country and player for player are they that far behind Bayern, I'm not sure. They can still operate in a transfer market that we can't reach so it's not in any way disparaging to our team to say they are better than us.

City have won the league twice in the last 4 years, they rightly start as favourites for the title every season. Their squad is worth hundreds of millions.
We haven't seriously challenged for the title since 2005.
Its a big scalp alright, city have these title favourites clashes every season for the last 5, this is our first for a decade. I like our team, but we have a long way to go before we can see city as just another 3 points. That was a huge game for us against on paper a better team. Look at their bench, Sterling Navas Bony. We had Gibbs Ox iwobi and Maitland. They have the most talented squad in the country and player for player are they that far behind Bayern, I'm not sure. They can still operate in a transfer market that we can't reach so it's not in any way disparaging to our team to say they are better than us.

''Look at their bench, Sterling Navas Bony''

iu

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.