Arsenal post match thread

You are still favs for the title and if kompany had been playing instead of mangala you would have got minimum a draw. We didn't really play well either.. Anyway I am going to depart and wish you all the best for the season... Your still the best team in the league so chin up and have a good Christmas
A decent gooner!! Who would've thought it. Cheers, man.

1. You say it wasn't close, yet I'm sure you mentioned we were the better team for the first 30 minutes + the last 15 so that's 45 minutes of us being the better team and 45 minutes of them - yes their 45 minutes was more significant hence they won, but I just don't see how you can claim we were so thoroughly outplayed (i.e. we were so dreadful we should have lost 4-5 nil), they won because they were tactically better and were more clinical, not because they played so much better than us.

2. Kept coming forward? Unless I'm mistaken they had 2 shots in the first half (I'm almost certain on this fact). They put together 2 decent attacks (in fact that's generous, they weren't attacking, we passed it to them for the 2nd, so one decent attack) and scored twice, so you must see my confusion about where you saw them creating so much trouble for us? After that it's natural they created a couple more chances when we're chasing a game 2-0 down - any team would.

3. Your point is you think City were far worse, my point is that I think we were slightly worse - these are opinions not facts. We agree on the second point though, our plan was non-existent/poor and contributed to the loss.

4. Men vs Boys for me is when it's very one sided in a certain department, if you're talking on the pitch, then like I said no chance, if we were boys they were teenagers at best. If you're talking tactics then like I said that's Wenger vs Pellegrini & I'm closer to sharing your opinion.

5. Do you really think we're off pace for CL spot? We're playing as bad as I've seen us for years, with crippling injuries to key players for almost the entirety of the season, and we're in 3rd. It's quite simply a fact that we are in the CL spot currently, and if the second half of the season repeated we would end up in the CL. Do you think we'll be worse in the second half? Personally cannot see it, with Kompany, Aguero & Silva back even if we're a mess tactically we should have enough (easily) to get top 4 & even challenge for 1st/2nd IMO. Don't get me wrong I think other teams will do better 2nd half, but I certainly think we will too.

6. I guess we'll agree to disagree about KdB chance, for me he scores that 8/10 times, which I'd call clear cut - even could have squared for Silva if he'd chosen to pass early for a 10/10 tap in. Yaya also missed a chance from a few yards out near the end at 2-1 (hit wide) - again I'd argue that was fairly clear cut even if he's under pressure. Again we'll have to agree to disagree because they looked shaky at the back & we looked like we had an equaliser in us if we'd scored 10 minutes earlier.

Well, think it's clear we're at different ends of the spectrum on that performance, for me it was more promising that if we can compete away at Arsenal (although still not good), that we can have a mediocre season & refresh in the summer. You obviously saw it as more worrying. Clearly we're not going to change each others opinions so I'll leave it there though.

City were far worse mate....i'd like to reply at length but i don't have the time or inclination left in me for another big post. It would simply be banging head against brick wall material anyways. You're a sky blue so its natural you are bias, i'm simply an unbiased stokie who watches all the city games...so make of that what you will.

Happy you are pleased though.

I hope this is the right place for this comment, but I thought I'd ask. My first away game for about 6 years last night due to developing a family etc, but I'm still in shock at how shit the away support was last night. At one point I found myself booing (with a good few others) a bunch of clowns sat next to us with half and half scarves in the air. I'm hoping to god that this was purely because this was an 8pm kickoff right before xmas, and not what our away support is like now? I have faith blues, but fuck me, that was dreadful last night.

City were far worse mate....i'd like to reply at length but i don't have the time or inclination left in me for another big post. It would simply be banging head against brick wall material anyways. You're a sky blue so its natural you are bias, i'm simply an unbiased stokie who watches all the city games...so make of that what you will.

Crap response, fair enough not wanting to reply to the whole thing but don't bother replying at all then. Stating bias is bollocks to be frank, it's clear as day that when City are bad the fans say we're bad, and even go further the other way saying we're worse than we really were - often see posts the next day stating as such that it was heat of the moment. Like I said I have no problem whatsoever saying when an opponent was good, and no problem whatsoever saying when City were bad. You can disagree with my opinion and are welcome to your own opinion, but don't spout nonsense and state it as fact. Cheers.

If you are a blue, then you are the worst kind.

the next away match leicester, that will be them ,arsenal,utd spurs all done and dusted away ,im still hopeful if we can be a bit more fortunate with injuries,in the second half of the season,we could still be celebrating come may

Celebrating staying up yes

I'm not sure what to make of city,
I can't understand why some expected us to completely outplay them and win easily and are somehow ok with playing well and losing.
You got silva de Bruyne Toure sterling Aguero. It's like a premier league dream team, im not surprised we sat back and approached the game in the same way we did against Bayern munich. City have so much talent in their side that I'd take that performance and win against them yesterday every day. We paid you the sort of respect, tactically, that we ll only do against Bayern and Barca , because of the calibre of players you have.
I don't understand why your expectations seem so low this season when you have such a great team.

It's like most of the fans are now settling for mediocrity...

Don't know if its just me, but I think you have some neck coming on here and posting the way you do. Happy to see other fans on here but there is something about your posting style/content that just doesn't sit right with me.

City have won the league twice in the last 4 years, they rightly start as favourites for the title every season. Their squad is worth hundreds of millions.
We haven't seriously challenged for the title since 2005.
Its a big scalp alright, city have these title favourites clashes every season for the last 5, this is our first for a decade. I like our team, but we have a long way to go before we can see city as just another 3 points. That was a huge game for us against on paper a better team. Look at their bench, Sterling Navas Bony. We had Gibbs Ox iwobi and Maitland. They have the most talented squad in the country and player for player are they that far behind Bayern, I'm not sure. They can still operate in a transfer market that we can't reach so it's not in any way disparaging to our team to say they are better than us.

Right now City has a bunch of good players - that maybe do not even match together too good. But without a system and without a team. It might work ok in the EPL as until recently it is not just the top teams that work in similar fashion but also the small teams that e.g. collectively got behind the ball to go as fast back to the penalty box when loosing the ball instead of actively pressing and winning the ball back in Gegenpressing. Some of the smaller teams seem to have made a look to the continent recently and you remark that in the EPL...

The mistake some make is to compare players - but you have to compare system, team and players. The difference of the players of City to the ones at Barca, Bayern or Real is not that big - but they are back behind in other aspects and that just needs not only teaching but some time, too.

In comparison to above elite teams we are retarded in certain areas.
Every Player on the squad needs to be a footballer with an above average set of footie skills and repertoire of passing skills and sound distribution.
Unfortunately we have a GK who lack the above average attributes. It stands to reason we are unevenly yoked.
Hopefully PG will ensure that it's rectified what Peller and especially Mancini couldn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.