Arsenal - Post match thread

Ok maybe my first post was a bit in the moment and i was annoyed but all im saying is for the first time ever since iv been watching city , that i was ashamed of the fans today. we have always had alot more class than that. Yes its been a hard season and an awful one but dont forget that not only was we saying bye to Pellegrini today but a few players such as Yaya (yes hes been shit this season but hes done alot for us over the years) Zaba (hero). Just annoys me that alot of our fans today was so short sighted and couldnt see beyond their disappointment of the season as a whole. Please city get some class back.
Fuck off

I have never left before the end of the last game lap of honour, all through shit years I stayed and applauded the players and manager. this was my protest against a man who has cheated our club.

he's lucky I went at all.
You're better than me mate. My brother was so pissed off with Manuel he decided to have a BBQ instead and gave his ticket to a mate. He called me late last night and said his mate's mate wanted to go too, so I surrendered my ticket, spent the day with family and watched the damp squib unfold on the telly.

Fuckin glad I didn't go, I had an ultra high definition 4k view of Pellegrini's face when he came out to an empty stadium. At that moment, I think the reality of what we all have been feeling hit him....... That was until his interview when he claimed we deserved to win the game, we've been playing superb, exciting, attacking football blah, blah fuckin blah.

Just 90 minutes left to endure.

No, by not appointing a fucking caretaker manager for 3 years. The poster I quoted said it all. We pressed the pause button 3 years ago and we're reaping the consequences for it now. Guardiola better be worth it cos we've wasted the best years of some top players waiting for him.
Looks like the overriding strategy was to appoint Guardiola long term and with his record that's understandable.

It was coming out anyway. Speculation was rife so it needed clarifying

Maybe it did but maybe then was the best time to let MP go and not hope that he could somehow win back the dressing room. If we would of got some experience in for the final few months maybe we wouldnt be were we are. Idealy if Vieira was still at the club give him the 3 months in charge. Sure the team will be better in the long term hopefully. Pep hopefully will stay longer than his 3 years term as this is his project to get City to go on and win a champions league and title again. Wont all happen straight away but he will be given everything to get it.

I love my club but the manager is not my club, he's not a fan, he never really made any effort to warm to the fans or relate to us. He can almost taste that 10 day holiday in the British Isles, it's 90 minutes away for the dour, unimaginative, boring Luddite
Yeah, I'm just so happy he's practically gone now.

Onwards and upwards.

Many on here called it around Christmas time that we would struggle to make top 4 with the way we were playing. We were shouted down and called rags etc.

No I'm not happy and it amazes me that the happy clappers can be so deluded with trying to spin things into a positive.

The club have messed up big time with throwing everything into getting Pep and just thought top 4 was a given.

Not saying you're wrong, but it does sound like you're happy (and others) to be proved right

Today was not the problem. They did not play great but they played with all the desire missing on Wednesday.

Got a 2-2 in Madrid and we would be one match from winning the CL and automatic qualification dumping United out.

The problem has been the painfully slow walk into this predicament that was really pretty damn obvious to anyone looking at things dispassionately rather than blindedby being convinced of their own infallibility as I think some in this club at the top have been.

That is what was written on those big wigs faces at the end. Realisation that they misjudged the last few months in a way they never ever expected.

Of course, it ain't over. But I do not expect United to miss the chance we have given them now. I said weeks ago (and repeated it in the run up to Southampton) that we had to go into the West Ham v United game 3 points clear or handing over the initiative so late would cost us.

It is what United and Liverpool did to us and we snatched their hand off. Same will happen here I fear.

Those expecting West Ham to desire Europa League should ask if they looked like that on Saturday. Or at the posts on here suggesting we should basically throw the Europa League to focus on the league.

So if you feel like that why expect that West Ham desire to get this prize will beat United's total gift of a pass into the Champions League when I am sure they had all written that off.

Had we ended today 3 points clear (as even a point at Southampton would have done - definitely achievable had we not basically dumped that game in the belief it was 'dispensible' because we would win the last two games or United would mess up). Well it would be in our own hands with just that one point and I think that would have changed things at Upton Park on Tuesday.

As it is chances are West Ham will play the occasion and to their fans and United will play the match. It could still work out for us. We could be lucky then as we were unlucky today as we deserved to win today.

But this weekend has been a massive swing IMO. United ground out a point they did not deserve. We tossed away two points we did through defensive errors.

That is very telling so near the finishing line.

To be honest this ending to the season might make the club as it will kill off the sentiment and arrogance that we are guaranteed anything. Not in the PL. Npbody is. You have to work for it. Or you get screwed.

As long as we still get Pep and he does not back out given the enormity of the task he probably never realised until now, do not lose key players (we must hope that Aguero will be happy to stay without CL) and we rid ourselves of the malaise where we feel we are so good that turning up is half the battle. In this league it never is.

We might well be better off being able to focus on winning the league in Pep's first season as we have shown this year focusing on two things at once is not a quality we appear to possess as yet.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.