Arsenal - Post match thread

I think fans are more disappointed because of the lack of passion, fight, hunger and leadership in many of the players this season.....I can take getting beat against a team that played better than us but what I do struggle with is a team that doesnt give 100% commitment when they put on a City shirt....I think the breakdown has happened on many levels this season and as mentioned above...I'm also hoping that a few of the players are going to follow Pelle out the door....Pelle was part of the problem but blame can be also given to the players and also Txiki as player recruitment also needs to improve....Lets hope West ham can help us out tomorrow!!
Agree. As Cascarino noted today we looked at least a yard slower than them yesterday. Obviously an ageing squad but i don't think they are trained to the fitness levels required these days. This is not Barca 2009. The world has moved on as Leicester ( and the real source of the new style , Atleti , have shown ) extreme athleticism is key to victory. Anyone who watches Atleti knows why they're in the UCL final and ( like Leicester ) totally outperforming the price of the squad. Pep will bring us that but Pelle has been unforgivably stubborn in his old ways.

I went to my first City game the year before Joe Mercer showed up, and I've seen great teams, good teams, poor teams and absolute dog shit teams. Back in the day though, when we were garbage, expectations were low because we all knew how limited all (or certainly most of) the players were. If they tried their best, we understood if they were not good enough.

At the start of this season, it was arguable we had the best squad City have ever had, and the best in the country, and the first few games seemed to confirm it. We looked like an absolute knocking bet for the title, especially as Chelsea were dire and the other theoretically 'leading teams' well below us.

Somehow, we have thrown that away. It's not the draw with Arsenal - a reasonable result in itself - but the fact we haven't beaten a single top team - plus we have thrown away points against the likes of Aston Villa, who Oldham could probably have given a good game this year.

Personally, I'm not surprised fans are unhappy and looking for someone to blame. I don't hate Pellegrini, he seems a nice guy, but the truth is the buck stops with him. Because that's how football works.

The after match activities were another example of how the Club have lost touch with us, the fans.

You didn't need a university degree to know that most of us were glad this shocking season was drawing to a close and would be off as soon as the final whistle blew.

Also add the fact we yet again failed to beat a team in the top six which only added to the exodus, they could and should have had the under 18's parade at half time or prior to the match.

The manager deserved no praise as he has frequently let us down and very few of the players have performed up to scratch. In the "good old days" that some people wish for we would have had an after match demo with coin throwing and other forms of protest, instead we just treated the manager and players with the contempt most of them deserve.

The very fucking moment we scored the second Kelechi should have been subbed for YaYa - or any other of the several options that would have bolstered our midfield as Kelechi as a 10 wasn't working.

Wenger made subs after our second and they started to dominate midfield - Pellegrini sat on his fucking hands. I turned to the lads next to me and said that if we don't make a change we will concede. 10 minutes later we conceded after numerous attacks: Pellegrini brought on Sterling 3-4 minutes after they equalised.

Utter fucking shit management from a fraud and I'm glad he's gone.
I don't know where he was but after we scored was the perfect time to introduce Nasri. We needed someone to hold on to the ball and he's the best we've got. A head-scratcher, that, but if the manager left him out to teach him a lesson then he hurt the club more than he did Nasri.

I don't know where he was but after we scored was the perfect time to introduce Nasri. We needed someone to hold on to the ball and he's the best we've got. A head-scratcher, that, but if the manager left him out to teach him a lesson then he hurt the club more than he did Nasri.

Nasri was supposedly sick. He never seems to fancy playing Arsenal anyway.

Pellers said last week " we didn't deserve to lose against Madrid and yesterday, we deserve to be in next season's CL ".
That's the problem.

We absolutely deserve to be where we are due to poor selections by the manager and poor performances by many of our players .

The failure to beat teams we should have done and abject performances against poor teams, Villa, Norwich, Newcastle says it all.

Telling the media the exact opposite doesn't help and MP hasn't helped his own case one bit.

We have stagnated at best or gone backwards when considering the starting point MP had. Injuries are a big part but only help explain some of the issues.

Not good enough by some distance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.