Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its also everton liverpool next match day. But like today showed, its about winning your own games, manchester city and chelsea would be top now if they won the games they should win. Getting walcott back will be huge though, our top scorer in the league last season and 0 goals this .

Shows how much TV has gone downhill in recent seasons, from being our best CB he looks extremely shaky to me :(

We really need a replacement CB in, I have a slight niggle that Per would have got rid of Roo's corner... but, we didn't play too badly today, and in all fairness, MU didn't play too well ...

Hopefully, three points against the Saints and Liverpool get held up by Everton, hopefully...

its always painful to lose any game, but reality is we had a run of 3 really hard and important games (pool, dortmund & utd). we had to win one of the 2 in the league and we had to win at dortmund. we have done that, and although today was annoying, it was old trafford and we didn't play well.

now we've got a few weeks to recover and get players like walcott back

Not every loss is same. Bad loss, reinforces stereotypes bout arsenal, vindicates Rooney's pregame trash talking while giving them confidence boost.

afc16 said:
its always painful to lose any game, but reality is we had a run of 3 really hard and important games (pool, dortmund & utd). we had to win one of the 2 in the league and we had to win at dortmund. we have done that, and although today was annoying, it was old trafford and we didn't play well.

now we've got a few weeks to recover and get players like walcott back

Its been overall fantastic week. beat liverpool well who had two most inform strikers in league without conceding ., won at one of best teams in europe and unlucky to lose one goal to header from a top striker.

our rivals have all dropped points bar united this last two weeks and we still top from two. we got more players to return and can be on 37 points after 15 before chelsea and city with hopefully seven or eight point lead by then.

We didn't bother to turn up today, all our best players this season bottled it and we made a team of 2 players look good.

They're average, we were sh*t and we came back with a defeat.

Reality check for the d**kheads who thought we could win the league even though we are about 3 world class players short at least.

We were good enough to beat them before kick off but decided to turn up with an inferiority complex yet AGAIN.

We lost to a team with Chris average Smalling, Tom (what the f**k does he do) Cleverley and Phil f**king Jones. That's embarrassing.

F**ked off. Even that lot down the swamp pit losing at home to the barcodes doesn't make me feel any better.

Thank God for Beer.

AwayDay said:
Its also everton liverpool next match day. But like today showed, its about winning your own games, manchester city and chelsea would be top now if they won the games they should win. Getting walcott back will be huge though, our top scorer in the league last season and 0 goals this .

Agree and with pod, ox and metersacker all back then we got chance to open up a huge lead with run of games we got coming up<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 pm --<br /><br />
The 49ers said:
We didn't bother to turn up today, all our best players this season bottled it and we made a team of 2 players look good.

Reality check for the d**kheads who thought we could win the league even though we are about 3 world class players short at least.

We were good enough to beat them before kick off but decided to turn up with an inferiority complex yet AGAIN.

We lost to a team with Chris average Smalling, Tom (what the f**k does he do) Cleverley and Phil f**king Jones. That's embarrassing.

F**ked off. Even that lot down the swamp pit losing at home to the barcodes doesn't make me feel any better.

Thank God for Beer.

Mate its our first away defeat since march and we lost to one corner that it. They are average but they fought well and we came of two very intense games against liverpool and dortmund

hardly say we played with inferiority complex. we dominated second half and unlucky not to draw. ozil nearly made it 1-1.

Its not embarrsing to lose to champions of england with two world class striker. stop being so silly. their still a decent team..

We got loads of world class players and have ox, pod, mertersacker and walcott to come back. we top of the league by two points even after we played two of the top six teams in league. we got great run of fixtures and chance to open up a huge gap.

superseiyan said:
Not every loss is same. Bad loss, reinforces stereotypes bout arsenal, vindicates Rooney's pregame trash talking while giving them confidence boost.

And that's what's really galling about the defeat.

They are bot that good yet we boosted their egos whilst making every other team think there is still some sort of soft underbelly which wasn't obvious in the 2nd half at Dortmund a superior team to Manure but shows up when faced with a granny shagger pressing the ball.

This defeat was worse than Dortmund at least in that game we tried and got caught out, against Moaninho's lot in the CC cup the game was lost before we brought the first string on but today we got beaten by a team that without being arrogant I'd say we are better than because we didn't turn up.

The 49ers said:

Thank God for Beer.

Love that post, emotional, truthful, you'd qualify as a City fan!

Oh, and if you ask me, you ARE capable of winning the league, this weekends results has made me realise that.

The 49ers said:
superseiyan said:

And that's what's really galling about the defeat.

They are bot that good yet we boosted their egos whilst making every other team think there is still some sort of soft underbelly which wasn't obvious in the 2nd half at Dortmund a superior team to Manure but shows up when faced with a granny shagger pressing the ball.

This defeat was worse than Dortmund at least in that game we tried and got caught out, against Moaninho's lot in the CC cup the game was lost before we brought the first string on but today we got beaten by a team that without being arrogant I'd say we are better than because we didn't turn up.

well first half fair enough we were not great but i thought we were quite good second half and just lacked killer touch and finish to score. also their was tiredness in their after two intense games against dortmund and liverpool. we done amazing to win two of these three games . i would have taken one win and two draws. so i am delighted overall bar today. We top of the league and got more players to return and great run of fixtures. we can win four in row before city and chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.