Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
gooner2 said:
AwayDay said:
Its also everton liverpool next match day. But like today showed, its about winning your own games, manchester city and chelsea would be top now if they won the games they should win. Getting walcott back will be huge though, our top scorer in the league last season and 0 goals this .

Agree and with pod, ox and metersacker all back then we got chance to open up a huge lead with run of games we got coming up

-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 pm --

The 49ers said:
We didn't bother to turn up today, all our best players this season bottled it and we made a team of 2 players look good.

They're average, we were sh*t and we came back with a defeat.

Reality check for the d**kheads who thought we could win the league even though we are about 3 world class players short at least.

We were good enough to beat them before kick off but decided to turn up with an inferiority complex yet AGAIN.

We lost to a team with Chris average Smalling, Tom (what the f**k does he do) Cleverley and Phil f**king Jones. That's embarrassing.

F**ked off. Even that lot down the swamp pit losing at home to the barcodes doesn't make me feel any better.

Thank God for Beer.

Mate its our first away defeat since march and we lost to one corner that it. They are average but they fought well and we came of two very intense games against liverpool and dortmund

hardly say we played with inferiority complex. we dominated second half and unlucky not to draw. ozil nearly made it 1-1.

Its not embarrsing to lose to champions of england with two world class striker. stop being so silly. their still a decent team..

We got loads of world class players and have ox, pod, mertersacker and walcott to come back. we top of the league by two points even after we played two of the top six teams in league. we got great run of fixtures and chance to open up a huge gap.

Mate, Superseiyan put it perfectly. It's the impression that we gave people today.

For years under Whiskey Nose they gave some sort of aura that meant teams lke the Saints/WBA even Stoke used to tunr up just praying they kept the score down. Now 2/3 of those teams have shown everybody else that they're not that good anymore but yet we turned up and let them walk all over us.

It's now reinforced the perception that we are a bunch of pansies in the hard games, a perception we've been trying to get rid off since the c word Mike Riley allowed Neville and co to kick Reyes all the way back to Spain.

The 49ers said:
gooner2 said:
AwayDay said:
Its also everton liverpool next match day. But like today showed, its about winning your own games, manchester city and chelsea would be top now if they won the games they should win. Getting walcott back will be huge though, our top scorer in the league last season and 0 goals this .

Agree and with pod, ox and metersacker all back then we got chance to open up a huge lead with run of games we got coming up

The 49ers said:
We didn't bother to turn up today, all our best players this season bottled it and we made a team of 2 players look good.

They're average, we were sh*t and we came back with a defeat.

Reality check for the d**kheads who thought we could win the league even though we are about 3 world class players short at least.

We were good enough to beat them before kick off but decided to turn up with an inferiority complex yet AGAIN.

We lost to a team with Chris average Smalling, Tom (what the f**k does he do) Cleverley and Phil f**king Jones. That's embarrassing.

F**ked off. Even that lot down the swamp pit losing at home to the barcodes doesn't make me feel any better.

Thank God for Beer.

Mate its our first away defeat since march and we lost to one corner that it. They are average but they fought well and we came of two very intense games against liverpool and dortmund

hardly say we played with inferiority complex. we dominated second half and unlucky not to draw. ozil nearly made it 1-1.

Its not embarrsing to lose to champions of england with two world class striker. stop being so silly. their still a decent team..

We got loads of world class players and have ox, pod, mertersacker and walcott to come back. we top of the league by two points even after we played two of the top six teams in league. we got great run of fixtures and chance to open up a huge gap.

Mate, Superseiyan put it perfectly. It's the impression that we gave people today.

For years under Whiskey Nose they gave some sort of aura that meant teams lke the Saints/WBA even Stoke used to tunr up just praying they kept the score down. Now 2/3 of those teams have shown everybody else that they're not that good anymore but yet we turned up and let them walk all over us.

It's now reinforced the perception that we are a bunch of pansies in the hard games, a perception we've been trying to get rid off since the c word Mike Riley allowed Neville and co to kick Reyes all the way back to Spain.

I don,t think we gave any impression. we were poor first half but not that bad. lose one bad to corner that it. battered them second half but just not get the brekathrough. We shown we hardly pansies with beating dortmund, liverpool, spurs and nappoli and beaten bayern this year. We the real deal this year and have more players to return.

We got tough guys like flammi, arteta, metersacker, sagna. hardly call those brokes pansies

we top of the league and our rivals hardly look that good this year either.

gooner2 said:
The 49ers said:
gooner2 said:

I don,t think we gave any impression. we were poor first half but not that bad. lose one bad to corner that it. battered them second half but just not get the brekathrough. We shown we hardly pansies with beating dortmund, liverpool, spurs and nappoli and beaten bayern this year. We the real deal this year and have more players to return.

We got tough guys like flammi, arteta, metersacker, sagna. hardly call those brokes pansies

Really? Tough guys, those two? haha!

Bilboblue said:
gooner2 said:
The 49ers said:

Really? Tough guys, those two? haha!

Their hardly weaklinks and can get proper stuck in to a tackle. they are not pansies that for sure. Unlike last few years, we have team full of real men this year.

Gooner2 - I have a couple of questions.

Do you have many players to return from injury?

Do you think Ar*enal will open a big lead in the next few games?

Do you think you are title favourites, with your main challengers being Chelsea and City?

I'd really appreciate your opinion on these.

FrostyNRG said:

Do you think you are title favourites, with your main challengers being Chelsea and City?

Firstly i think we have few to return. had no thomas, theo, ox, pod and metersacker today
Secondly we can to open a bigger lead. fancy us to beat southampton, hull and cardiff next three games and everton at home. city away can get a draw and beat chelsea at home. that be 41 points after 17 games and i be chuffed with that. We hopefully then have a seven or eight point lead.
Thridly we are the title favourities. have the best all round team. we got great striker, fanatastic midfield, great width when everyone fit and a very good defence. we got a top goalkeeper to. We won 23 from 30 games this year which is very good indeed

city and city our main rivals but can never rule united out. liverpool and spurs fighting it out long term for 5th in my view.

I thi

Im actually stunned we are top of the league without walcott, our whole team is set up to exploit his pace in behind and to stretch teams giving our midfielders space, Ozil will instantly look better when walcott comes back.
I dont think we need to get too far ahead of ourselves and see what other teams are doing because nothing is going to plan this season, but a win vs southampton is very important.

The biggest positive about today is that this team does not have the "untouchable" mentality of the teams of the past who would go nearly 2 years without losing a league game so obviously a defeat would rock them. This team has never won anything and have suffered plenty of defeats in its development, so today wont linger long in the memory. And its one very tough fixture over and done with while we keep our advantage over city and chelsea.

gooner2 said:
FrostyNRG said:

Firstly i think we have few to return. had no thomas, theo, ox, pod and metersacker today
Secondly we can to open a bigger lead. fancy us to beat southampton, hull and cardiff next three games and everton at home. city away can get a draw and beat chelsea at home. that be 41 points after 17 games and i be chuffed with that. We hopefully then have a seven or eight point lead.
Thridly we are the title favourities. have the best all round team. we got great striker, fanatastic midfield, great width when everyone fit and a very good defence. we got a top goalkeeper to. We won 23 from 30 games this year which is very good indeed

city and city our main rivals but can never rule united out. liverpool and spurs fighting it out long term for 5th in my view.

Thanks for that. It's hard to get a clear view of someone's opinion on a forum unless they mention the same points time and time again, as they might get lost among other posts. Appreciate you answering for me.

Were you always confident for this season, or has it taken you by surprise?

AwayDay said:
Im actually stunned we are top of the league without walcott, our whole team is set up to exploit his pace in behind and to stretch teams giving our midfielders space, Ozil will instantly look better when walcott comes back.
I dont think we need to get too far ahead of ourselves and see what other teams are doing because nothing is going to plan this season, but a win vs southampton is very important.

The biggest positive about today is that this team does not have the "untouchable" mentality of the teams of the past who would go nearly 2 years without losing a league game so obviously a defeat would rock them. This team has never won anything and have suffered plenty of defeats in its development, so today wont linger long in the memory. And its one very tough fixture over and done with while we keep our advantage over city and chelsea.

Well said mate. We have had defeat to dortmund and chelsea and responded with wins. we have a strong and not untouchable mentablity which means we deal with defeats with a humble way

we done amazing to still be top without ox, pod, theo who all key with their pace and movement to cut teams open. our defence is best it been for year and we still hardly gave united a chance. to only lose one goal in our last three games show how much our defence has improved. We top of the league, got players to return. our rivals keep droping point against teams outside the top six and we only going to get stronger.

we got very good run of fixtures now which is great chance to open a very very big gap on our rivals before the city and chelsea games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.