Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Fat el Hombre said:
Anyone watch them against Galatasaray? ? Didn't think arsenal looked that great and when Drogba and Sneijder came off the bench they tore them to bits. Arsenal were 1 nil up but Drogba got a dodgy pen which he scored and the second goal was an absolute beauty - class ball from Sneijder, awesome first touch for Drogba and then he smashed it in. Drogba looked sharp
Have the Arse signed anybody yet?

blue underpants said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Anyone watch them against Galatasaray? ? Didn't think arsenal looked that great and when Drogba and Sneijder came off the bench they tore them to bits. Arsenal were 1 nil up but Drogba got a dodgy pen which he scored and the second goal was an absolute beauty - class ball from Sneijder, awesome first touch for Drogba and then he smashed it in. Drogba looked sharp
Arsenal don't do big signings,they buy 18 n 19 year olds and turn them into £20m players and sell at a profit,whilst in the meantime they play the waiting game for these kids to break into the first team...
The latest batch of kids are due to break into the starting 11 in the year 2018...

Glad we can use this for the second year running..

9156659.jpg

Bilboblue said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Bluemoon115 said:
No, you'd never sell Torres to Chelsea.

Also Arsenal aren't your rivals. Selling Suarez to West Brom would be selling to your rivals.

Selling an out of form player is one thing, selling one in the form of his life is another...and read my previous response you fool - don't sell to what you aspire to be, Arsenal learnt that the hard way with RVP

Aspiring to be in Arsenals position doesn't instantly make you their rival Jimi.

We would have loved for years to be in Liverpool's position (many moons ago) yet we were not their rivals because we simply weren't good enough to be.

Ditto Liverpool and Arsenal.

Based on the squads today, I'd expect Liverpool to finish above Arsenal this season. Liverpool won 5 fewer games than Arsenal last season. We won 5 fewer games than United. I'd say we are rivals with United. I believe Liverpool will challenge strongly for the 4th place with or without Suarez.

Is that another trophy for you Arsene you whinging ****!!!

Stop worrying about FFP etc and concentrate on your own fucking shit team. How many years is it now..8???
Can't even win a pre season trophy...
Oh one more thing...How much are seaosn tickets this year...

Tarquin wankers.

blue underpants said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

That new kid they signed played up front, reminded me a bit of a young adebayor (not that great)

AustinBlue said:
Bilboblue said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
Selling an out of form player is one thing, selling one in the form of his life is another...and read my previous response you fool - don't sell to what you aspire to be, Arsenal learnt that the hard way with RVP

Aspiring to be in Arsenals position doesn't instantly make you their rival Jimi.

We would have loved for years to be in Liverpool's position (many moons ago) yet we were not their rivals because we simply weren't good enough to be.

Based on the squads today, I'd expect Liverpool to finish above Arsenal this season. Liverpool won 5 fewer games than Arsenal last season. We won 5 fewer games than United. I'd say we are rivals with United. I believe Liverpool will challenge strongly for the 4th place with or without Suarez.

Idk, I thought that Liverpool had a better team than Arsenal last season just barely but Arsenal manages to win games, Liverpool seems to get too many ties against teams that they should beat. They actually finished with a very good goal difference for the number of points they got, but they lacked consistency.

Just looking at it, they are about equal in defense I'd say. In midfield, they are also pretty equal - Arsenal needs a player like Lucas, and Liverpool lacks a player like Arteta. I think Liverpool's front 3 at the moment of Sturridge, Coutinho, and Suarez is a lot better than what Arsenal has. So it kind of surprised me that Liverpool didn't make a stronger challenge for the Champions league spot last season, they have players who should be good enough to compete for it. Maybe Liverpool doesn't have the mentality for it though.

GHoddle said:
AustinBlue said:
Bilboblue said:

Idk, I thought that Liverpool had a better team than Arsenal last season just barely but Arsenal manages to win games, Liverpool seems to get too many ties against teams that they should beat. They actually finished with a very good goal difference for the number of points they got, but they lacked consistency.

Just looking at it, they are about equal in defense I'd say. In midfield, they are also pretty equal - Arsenal needs a player like Lucas, and Liverpool lacks a player like Arteta. I think Liverpool's front 3 at the moment of Sturridge, Coutinho, and Suarez is a lot better than what Arsenal has. So it kind of surprised me that Liverpool didn't make a stronger challenge for the Champions league spot last season, they have players who should be good enough to compete for it. Maybe Liverpool doesn't have the mentality for it though.

Young team. Sterling and Suso played a lot last season. Sturridge and Coutinho were only there half the season. Yes Arsenal are young too, but they have the Wenger continuity.

Nobody's saying we'll win the title or that we're the team of old, and I get the banter and wanting to kick us while were down and all--otherwise I'd be surprised that you Blues seem to think we're about the same level as WBA or Swansea.

It'll be a battle for fourth. Ourselves and Spurs REALLY missed out the last two seasons though, Chelsea might not drop that far again for a while. Hopefully Moyes fails at Man U.

superseiyan said:
Young team. Sterling and Suso played a lot last season. Sturridge and Coutinho were only there half the season. Yes Arsenal are young too, but they have the Wenger continuity.

Nobody's saying we'll win the title or that we're the team of old, and I get the banter and wanting to kick us while were down and all--otherwise I'd be surprised that you Blues seem to think we're about the same level as WBA or Swansea.

It'll be a battle for fourth. Ourselves and Spurs REALLY missed out the last two seasons though, Chelsea might not drop that far again for a while. Hopefully Moyes fails at Man U.

Just to be clear I'm a Spurs supporter.

Just wondering, what do you expect Liverpool to do in the rest of the transfer window? More incomings? Also do you think there is a price for Suarez, or will he not be sold?

Suarez is for me a bit selfish, and he takes something away from the other forwards he plays with eg Sturridge

But if it came down to footballing ability alone he is very close to Bale. However he comes with bad discipline.

Liverpool and Arsenal are very close so you can understand Liverpool's reluctance to sell him to Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.