wesshaw1985 said:
I'd go with this starting 11 this season -

Szczęsny
Sagna-Koscielny-Vermaelen-Gibbs
Arteta-Wilshere
Walcott-Cazorla-Podolski
Giroud

5th place.

And some Arsenal fans want Wenger gone lol. There aren't many managers who could get a team like that to finish 4th every season. What they need is a top quality director of football to buy players for Wenger, he's pretty awful in the transfer market but as far as coaches go you don't get much better ones.

Arsenals first 9 games are quite favourable, Spurs at home aside so they should have quite a good start to the season.

Tough run of games from early February to early March though.

I'd rather see Spurs and Liverpool finish above Arsenal but I reckon they'll be good enough for 4th if they sign 1 or 2 world class players before the transfer deadline.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
really hope carl jenkinson gets a chance, looked good when Ive seen him play and imo better than sagna. Good to finally see some english players, same cant be said for newcastle who only seem to buy french players now

I think Jenskinson was excellent at times last season, especially at the eithad against us, never been a fan of sagna.

I think Arsenal need to pull the finger out and either sign Saurez or move on and get another player in missed out on Higuain but they need to sign at least 1 more striker if not 2. A good defensive midfielder and a centre half. I think last season there defending at times was a hell of a lot better than before. The longer they wait the harder it will be for them. IF I was them get in Soldado ahead of Spurs and even take Darren Bent shocked no one has come in for him. Villa are mad to not play him as he is goalscorer. Those 2 would make more competition for places up front. A defensive midfielder is key too. IF they keep a fully fit team together top 4 is doable. Spurs loose Bale he will be hard to replace.

leighton said:
I think Arsenal need to pull the finger out and either sign Saurez or move on and get another player in missed out on Higuain but they need to sign at least 1 more striker if not 2. A good defensive midfielder and a centre half. I think last season there defending at times was a hell of a lot better than before. The longer they wait the harder it will be for them. IF I was them get in Soldado ahead of Spurs and even take Darren Bent shocked no one has come in for him. Villa are mad to not play him as he is goalscorer. Those 2 would make more competition for places up front. A defensive midfielder is key too. IF they keep a fully fit team together top 4 is doable. Spurs loose Bale he will be hard to replace.

We won't sell him to Arsenal...unlike them, we don't sell our star striker to one of our rivals......think that's the bit that's confusing them.

Scouse_Jimi said:
leighton said:

We won't sell him to Arsenal...unlike them, we don't sell our star striker to one of our rivals......think that's the bit that's confusing them.

ermmmmmm what makes you think you are a rival to Arsenal Jimi?

Genuine question.

Scouse_Jimi said:
leighton said:

No, you'd never sell Torres to Chelsea.

Also Arsenal aren't your rivals. Selling Suarez to West Brom would be selling to your rivals.

Bluemoon115 said:
Scouse_Jimi said:
leighton said:

Also Arsenal aren't your rivals. Selling Suarez to West Brom would be selling to your rivals.

Selling an out of form player is one thing, selling one in the form of his life is another...and read my previous response you fool - don't sell to what you aspire to be, Arsenal learnt that the hard way with RVP

Scouse_Jimi said:
Bluemoon115 said:
Scouse_Jimi said:

Selling an out of form player is one thing, selling one in the form of his life is another...and read my previous response you fool - don't sell to what you aspire to be, Arsenal learnt that the hard way with RVP

Aspiring to be in Arsenals position doesn't instantly make you their rival Jimi.

We would have loved for years to be in Liverpool's position (many moons ago) yet we were not their rivals because we simply weren't good enough to be.

Ditto Liverpool and Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.