Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
gooner2 said:
ari said:
You really think that was bang average? If so, how did we win 0-3 when other sides struggle against them?
Especially when you say Arsenal were the lesser side.
3 lucky goals? Lucky clean sheet?
Doesn't make much sense to me...

However, I thought apart from about 15-20 minutes in the early stages of the 2nd half we kept them under control quite well. All decent chances for Cardiff to score were from outside the box as far as I remember (might be wrong though).
Totally fine with me.

well said mate. wonderful win and peformance

-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:15 am --

Manc in London said:
Gibbs ahead of Cole and Baines. I hope not.

As for Arsenal, credit where credit's due. They are churning out positive results, and have done since the turn of the year. It seems a lot of pundits and opposition fans are being a tad disingeuous.

Well said mate and fair play for you saying it. our form since march has been amazing

-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:17 am --

ek13 said:
you discounting united then? sorry but have you seen their forwards? rooney and rvp can change games themselves, at arsenal, honestly, removing all bias from yourself, who do you see can do that for us? I wont be confident that were title contenders until the final month of the epl, and even then, only if were in a position of three or more points clear. weve seen I many times before when we were supposedly contenders, we choked and slipped to scraping fourth. our squad depth is no where near good enough to be labelled contenders, were just in a purple patch at the moment. when that begins to fade, we can then truly assess our credibility.

We seven points clear, won 22 from 27 , have 71 points whole year and have only let in one in last six game in all tournaments. we the real deal mate

United for me have been too up and down and have to average a midfield to win league. won,t stay with us, chelsea and city this season.

I was just responding to some good posts from some people on here that is all.
You're at it again!

gooner2 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
gooner2 said:
well said mate. wonderful win and peformance

-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:15 am --

Well said mate and fair play for you saying it. our form since march has been amazing

-- Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:17 am --

We seven points clear, won 22 from 27 , have 71 points whole year and have only let in one in last six game in all tournaments. we the real deal mate

United for me have been too up and down and have to average a midfield to win league. won,t stay with us, chelsea and city this season.

I was just responding to some good posts from some people on here that is all.
You're at it again!

Re-read your posts, after each comment you go on to say how great Arsenal are. We get it, you don't need to continuously reinforce your tiresome point.

I think gooner2 needs to calm down a bit, there's still 25 games left. We have been the best team so far , but I expect at least 2 of the other contenders to go on runs which we will need to respond to.
I am not surprised though that some arsenal fans are getting so over the top about things, this run has come out of nowhere and we haven't challenged for the title in a very long time. 10 years ago we would've made nothing of being top after 13 games, the only big advantage we have now over then is that we don't feel too precious to lose games, as even our players know we are far from being the finish product so losing games wont burst our bubble as we don't really have a bubble.
All that has happened is that we cant be dismissed as before and we will be in the mix, the size of squad and "arsenal have started well before" arguments don't bother me because I know both points are not valid for various reasons.
Manchester city have the best players and huge resources to add players in January, these are bigger dangers to us, but any team expecting us to fall away without going on a championship winning run themselves will be disappointed.

Anyway, we have 3 home games before Christmas which I cant wait to get to, my phone has been ringing non stop with people asking that their Christmas presents be arsenal tickets, i'm taking 10 people to the hull game on Wednesday and all the part timers are loving arsenal again, its like 2004 all over !!

AwayDay said:
I think gooner2 needs to calm down a bit, there's still 25 games left. We have been the best team so far , but I expect at least 2 of the other contenders to go on runs which we will need to respond to.
I am not surprised though that some arsenal fans are getting so over the top about things, this run has come out of nowhere and we haven't challenged for the title in a very long time. 10 years ago we would've made nothing of being top after 13 games, the only big advantage we have now over then is that we don't feel too precious to lose games, as even our players know we are far from being the finish product so losing games wont burst our bubble as we don't really have a bubble.
All that has happened is that we cant be dismissed as before and we will be in the mix, the size of squad and "arsenal have started well before" arguments don't bother me because I know both points are not valid for various reasons.
Manchester city have the best players and huge resources to add players in January, these are bigger dangers to us, but any team expecting us to fall away without going on a championship winning run themselves will be disappointed.

Anyway, we have 3 home games before Christmas which I cant wait to get to, my phone has been ringing non stop with people asking that their Christmas presents be arsenal tickets, i'm taking 10 people to the hull game on Wednesday and all the part timers are loving arsenal again, its like 2004 all over !!

I have kids aged 13 and 10. They only get to go a few times each season. They get their diet supplemented with a few Gills matches ( we white flighted from the N post codes when they were little). We live in ultimate part timer land, but it's incredible what two good Arsenal months do.

Glory hunting exchange rate seems to be 1 shirt for every Chavski CL win to 1 shirt for every United league win to 1 every week the mighty Arse are top of the league . I'd have hated this 20 years ago, but I get a kick these days out of being the club of the South, Daily Mail readers, Guardian readers, old geezers down the pub, black people (apart from Africans who ironically are Chelsea to a man), Asian people under 50 (the older ones seem to be genetically pre disposed to follow Liverpool), social workers and bankers.

We have become what United (sorry to say it on a City forum ) were in the 80s. Very popular, a bit shit and every green shoot of a few wins means global domination is nigh.

Still, kids are happy and WE ARE TOP OF THE LEAGUE

Fair fucks to the Arsenal posters. Top of the league today by a good distance, a good win today and playing well. Who wouldn't be a bit giddy and I've never seen as many posts or posters from you Tarquins on Bluemoon in a month never mind an afternoon. I reckon you will be up challenging come May and ain't it sweet when it going for you.

However I judge folk who have the balls to show up when the chips are down like Crouchinho (spurs fan) who posted articulately even after the 6 nil.

mcmanus said:
Fair fucks to the Arsenal posters. Top of the league today by a good distance, a good win today and playing well. Who wouldn't be a bit giddy and I've never seen as many posts or posters from you Tarquins on Bluemoon in a month never mind an afternoon. I reckon you will be up challenging come May and ain't it sweet when it going for you.

However I judge folk who have the balls to show up when the chips are down like Crouchinho (spurs fan) who posted articulately even after the 6 nil.

To be fair, spurs fans have more chances to turn up when the chips are down, because their chips are rarely up these days.

The tarquins are certainly looking dangerous this season.

Ramsey is looking like a new player. Definitely amongst the best players in the league this season-just a little behind Cleverley:-)))

If they spend well in January then I can see them being right up there come May.
My only issue with Arsenal is when they play the big guns away,they were poor at united and hopefully will be as poor in 13 days at the Etihad!!

gordondaviesmoustache said:
George Hannah said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
They'll be in the mix at the end of the season.

dollymix_600_zpsed58d5b0.jpg

sweet but soft and too many the same
images
Myxomatosis?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
The tarquins are certainly looking dangerous this season.

Ramsey is looking like a new player. Definitely amongst the best players in the league this season-just a little behind Cleverley:-)))

If they spend well in January then I can see them being right up there come May.
My only issue with Arsenal is when they play the big guns away,they were poor at united and hopefully will be as poor in 13 days at the Etihad!!

Cleverly is better than both ramsey and wilshere, or he will be , soon, one day....

We do have an awful record against manchester united and chelsea, and its always tough at city. Hopefully we carry on beating the lesser teams, so when we lose the big ones like at man utd a few weeks ago, It doesnt affect our league position much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.