Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Sorry if mentioned before, did I see one of the Arsenal players give the middle finger to City fans?
No big deal (so why mention it then I hear you ask!) just wondering if anyone else saw it
Yep;
article-2523671-1A19D94D00000578-181_634x319.jpg

What a wanker.

Thought City could have scored more, they were on fire for a while there. It doesn't make me feel so bad when City are turning teams like Arsenal and United over by loads of goals either.

Backed City from the start and it would be scandalous if they didn't win the league considering their outrageous home form

As for Arsenal they've come up against big teams and lost. I thought we played well against them at their place too, bossing the game for the most part. Everton made them look ordinary at times, same with Chelsea especially City today

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
AwayDay said:
TFC said:
In a distance race you will often see a pacemaker start out strong and run clear of the pack. Unfortunately for him, the stronger runners soon catch him up as he starts to flag and by the end of the race, he is a distant memory as the eventual winner strides past the finish line. Position now means fuck all, sitting right on the pacemakers shoulder as he starts to breathe heavily? No place we'd rather be.

I'd rather be top than second. Whatever month it is . Cant believe some people are trying to argue otherwise !

Yes, I would rather be top than second.
But I would also rather be a supporter of a team that has just dicked the best club team in Europe and the current leaders in one week whilst scoring nine goals in the process, because that suggests to me a team very much on the up.
Whereas your shambles today suggests...
...I'll let you join the dots here.
l

Lol.

U didn't see fernandinho boss the DM area today then.

No defence? Conceded one less than your 'best defence in Europe' and several of them were early season lapses on concentration.

You got crushed by a vastly superior unit today. Accept it.

samharris said:
AwayDay said:
samharris said:
yeah well done..youre top of the league..congratulations...tell me this..when was the last time the team at the top of the prem conceeded 6 goals in a game..

matter of time pal..matter of time..

We are going to be the first team to concede 6 and win the title, HISTORY!!!!

Not sure a team has lost 4 away from home and won the league before too but all these are minor stats, I am not saying we will win the league, just that we are hardly in crisis being in the position everyone wants to be in, and its very gratifying to see Man city fans being so pleased at being beneath us in the table, if we were both offered that before the season you would have been livid, Id have thought the world has gone mad.
No reflection on today's game you totally deserved it. Awesome at home, but it will be the away form that decides if city win it or not.

so what you are saying is that opur away form is porr yet half way through the season we are only 3 points behind you..

we will catch up ,we will overtake and you will not win the title..you have reached your peak..we havent.

Only if your away form improves. We will keep beating the lesser teams and hope we take advantage of other teams bottling it. Teams that have better players than us like you and chelsea, if you improve your away form then well done to you, if not, I hope you dont start pellegrini out threads again.

AwayDay said:
samharris said:
AwayDay said:

Not sure a team has lost 4 away from home and won the league before too but all these are minor stats, I am not saying we will win the league, just that we are hardly in crisis being in the position everyone wants to be in, and its very gratifying to see Man city fans being so pleased at being beneath us in the table, if we were both offered that before the season you would have been livid, Id have thought the world has gone mad.
No reflection on today's game you totally deserved it. Awesome at home, but it will be the away form that decides if city win it or not.

so what you are saying is that opur away form is porr yet half way through the season we are only 3 points behind you..

we will catch up ,we will overtake and you will not win the title..you have reached your peak..we havent.

Only if your away form improves. We will keep beating the lesser teams and hope we take advantage of other teams bottling it. Teams that have better players than us like you and chelsea, if you improve your away form then well done to you, if not, I hope you dont start pellegrini out threads again.

Man united hardly won big game in 2009 but won the league because they were most consistent team at beating team outside the top six. if we can keep doing that then we can wn the league. we stiill top and deserve to be,<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:13 pm --<br /><br />
AwayDay said:
samharris said:
AwayDay said:

Man united hardly won big game in 2009 but won the league because they were most consistent team at beating team outside the top six. if we can keep doing that then we can wn the league. we stiill top and deserve to be,

AwayDay said:
samharris said:
AwayDay said:

'Bottling'

The one word an arsenal fan has no business using.

'Bottling'

The one word an arsenal fan has no business using.
[/quote]

Bottling is when you have the best players and you dont win, like man city last season in both league and cup, unfortunately for us we havent bottled anything for over 10 years, such is our level right now. Calling you bottlers is a compliment, it means I expected more from you, we cant bottle the league since we are not expected to win it in the first place.

Listen, despite what other Arsenal fans on here think, this season was a season too soon for Arsenal to win the league.

The chances of a team going from scraping 4th to winning the league is very slim, I don't think it's happened before!

Sure, we had a bit of a chance as the other top 3 rivals were all had a management change, but that didn't change the fact that Arsenal were still a work in progress too.

Now whether you City fans see that is defeatist, as not supporting my team or believing in them judging by the talk pre game a few pages back, that's up to yourselves, me, I see it as being a realist. We're still at least 2 proper players short of putting in a right good challenge, but of course everyone else should improve as well so the challenge will always be there.

Oh, and you can't have a go at Arsenal fans for being cocky pre game & post game, then call them defeatist when they actually agree with what you guys are saying!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.