Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the cockney tarquin twats on here, your bitterness is palpably exposed:

fanscity.gif

You're welcome....

I think in fairness to Wenger the celebrations at finishing fourth last season were a reflection of the long-term significance of that event.

I think he got the nod that a CL place this season in conjunction with their capital commitments on the stadium significantly diminishing, was a green light for him to start spending some fairly serious dough. Their top four finish has cemented Arsenal's place among the new 'Big 4', not that Sky with ever refer to it thus. As a slight aside, notwithstanding our inclusion it was a little dispiriting to see those journalists in the Mirror the other day (with one exception) predict the same top 4 as each other for next season, just in different order, as was the case with united, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal from 2004-2009. I'm glad we're inside the tent, but it's not good for the game and certainly isn't going to be reversed under FFP.

Arsenal will be able to fend off the challenge from Spurs and Liverpool with relative ease going forward and could have a serious say in the title race from time to time. This state of affairs would have been far less certain if Spurs had finished fourth. To me last season's race for fourth was a seismic event in the medium and long term battle for power in the English game.

Their methods have been questionable and their history is littered with more skeletons than any other big club, including united, but in terms of making the most of the hand they've been dealt in recent years to the furtherance of their club's strategic interests, Arsenal have completely outflanked the hapless FSG and the overly cautious Daniel Levy.

This top four will become even more calcified than the previous one and Arsenal have now cemented their place in it imo.

If you think Liverpool fans are bitter now, see what they're like in five years, those of them that are left that is....

gordondaviesmoustache said:
I think in fairness to Wenger the celebrations at finishing fourth last season were a reflection of the long-term significance of that event.

I think he got the nod that a CL place this season in conjunction with their capital commitments on the stadium significantly diminishing, was a green light for him to start spending some fairly serious dough. Their top four finish has cemented Arsenal's place among the new 'Big 4', not that Sky with ever refer to it thus. As a slight aside, notwithstanding our inclusion it was a little dispiriting to see those journalists in the Mirror the other day (with one exception) predict the same top 4 as each other for next season, just in different order, as was the case with united, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal from 2004-2009. I'm glad we're inside the tent, but it's not good for the game and certainly isn't going to be reversed under FFP.

Arsenal will be able to fend off the challenge from Spurs and Liverpool with relative ease going forward and could have a serious say in the title race from time to time. This state of affairs would have been far less certain if Spurs had finished fourth. To me last season's race for fourth was a seismic event in the medium and long term battle for power in the English game.

Their methods have been questionable and their history is littered with more skeletons than any other big club, including united, but in terms of making the most of the hand they've been dealt in recent years to the furtherance of their club's strategic interests, Arsenal have completely outflanked the hapless FSG and the overly cautious Daniel Levy.

This top four will become even more calcified than the previous one and Arsenal have now cemented their place in it imo.

If you think Liverpool fans are bitter now, see what they're like in five years, those of them that are left that is....

They'll be filling the fjords with their bitter salty tears. I can't fucking wait.

stony said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:

They'll be filling the fjords with their bitter salty tears. I can't fucking wait.

Bitter and Salty in Norway.

Sweet and Sour in Asia.

They truly are an international sporting force.

Good analysis Duncan. But I think they may have left it too late to spend big. I'm not sure there's enough quality in that squad to push on even with a couple of quality purchases. The Spurs owners have been far too cautious. If they'd taken a chance and spent big they could have had that 4th spot and held onto Bale.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Splendid stuff malg. There was something in the media today about which club's fans hated which other clubs the most. Usually I don't get that. We're all football fans who just wear different colours to me. I don't "hate" Spurs or Stoke but by god I hate Arsenal.

I hate their smug board, happy to cheat their fans in selling their best players, replacing them with dross and settling for fourth place. I hate their myopic, whingeing manager who seems quite happy to buy into the board's pursuit of mediocrity when it seems that Ferguson s prepared to fight his in whatever way he could to achieve success. And I hate their holier-than-thou fans who think that owners money is somehow tainted and that they did it on their own without help.

NO YOU FUCKING DIDN'T!

Danny Fiszman put in £50m in 1994 which transformed your fortunes. In an era where a top player cost £3m, that's worth something like £500m in today's money. If you had the decency to accept that, I might have some respect for you.

I've always been interested about Fiszman and this arguement about Arsenal and I'd love to be able to bring it up to some very bitter fans and let them see the hypocrisy, could you point me in the direction of an article or something about it?

MC ID said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Splendid stuff malg. There was something in the media today about which club's fans hated which other clubs the most. Usually I don't get that. We're all football fans who just wear different colours to me. I don't "hate" Spurs or Stoke but by god I hate Arsenal.

I hate their smug board, happy to cheat their fans in selling their best players, replacing them with dross and settling for fourth place. I hate their myopic, whingeing manager who seems quite happy to buy into the board's pursuit of mediocrity when it seems that Ferguson s prepared to fight his in whatever way he could to achieve success. And I hate their holier-than-thou fans who think that owners money is somehow tainted and that they did it on their own without help.

NO YOU FUCKING DIDN'T!

Danny Fiszman put in £50m in 1994 which transformed your fortunes. In an era where a top player cost £3m, that's worth something like £500m in today's money. If you had the decency to accept that, I might have some respect for you.

I've always been interested about Fiszman and this arguement about Arsenal and I'd love to be able to bring it up to some very bitter fans and let them see the hypocrisy, could you point me in the direction of an article or something about it?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...arsenal-are-a-million-miles-away-8458290.html

"In 1991, Bryan Robson came up to me at an England get-together and said, '£90,000-a-year to join United'. I said, 'I'm a London lad, I'm happy'. I turned down a pay rise of 15 grand, which was an absolute fortune in those days. In 1996 Alex Ferguson came knocking again.

"In 1996, I had just sobered up. I had a meeting with David Dein and Ken Friar and said, 'What are we doing [at Arsenal]?' They said, 'We're going for it. Danny Fiszman has invested £50m.' We bought David Platt, Dennis Bergkamp; then Arsène came in, then the French guys and I got the best contract of my career. It went from £300,000 up to £1m and I thought, 'Oh my god, I'll stay! We're going to try to win the league.'

Prestwich_Blue said:
MC ID said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

NO YOU FUCKING DIDN'T!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...arsenal-are-a-million-miles-away-8458290.html

"In 1991, Bryan Robson came up to me at an England get-together and said, '£90,000-a-year to join United'. I said, 'I'm a London lad, I'm happy'. I turned down a pay rise of 15 grand, which was an absolute fortune in those days. In 1996 Alex Ferguson came knocking again.

"In 1996, I had just sobered up. I had a meeting with David Dein and Ken Friar and said, 'What are we doing [at Arsenal]?' They said, 'We're going for it. Danny Fiszman has invested £50m.' We bought David Platt, Dennis Bergkamp; then Arsène came in, then the French guys and I got the best contract of my career. It went from £300,000 up to £1m and I thought, 'Oh my god, I'll stay! We're going to try to win the league.'

Ahhh thank you, that is some very tasty information :)

Fucking hate Arsenal. I mean really, really hate them. Self righteous, hypocritical, two faced twats. Hope to God that they'll miss out on the Champs League any time soon.

Will never forget or forgive that letter sent to the PL regarding FFP. As bad as the rags when it comes to their own self interests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.