Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
mancity dan said:
Can't see them buying Suarez. They don't seem to want to spend any money.
Brinkmanship.

Doing it to hurry Madrid so they get Higuain. We did the same with Gomez and now we are getting Jovetic and they've already signed Gomez to replace.

Scouse_Jimi said:
mancity dan said:

We won't sell him to an English club...

Why? Selling Suarez to a top 4 club wouldn't have any impact on your season, plus it would give you money to get ahead of your main rivals and cement that europa league place

Scouse_Jimi said:
mancity dan said:

We won't sell him to an English club...

Very short sighted IMO mate. If we or any other top 4 club offered 40m for him, your club would snap our/their hand off. I say this with respect but selling Suarez to a top 4 club would not have any impact on your league position as you're well off a top 4 place

BibbyBlue85 said:
Very short sighted IMO mate. If we or any other top 4 club offered 40m for him, your club would snap our/their hand off. I say this with respect but selling Suarez to a top 4 club would not have any impact on your league position as you're well off a top 4 place

It'd be more like £50m to be fair and it's not short sighted, he goes abroad or he doesn't go anywhere is our stance unless it's a ludicrous fee.

Thing is...Other than Real/Barca/Bayern I don't think anyone else will pay the fee other than EPL teams.

Be interesting to see what happens, I stand to win if he stays £10 at 5/1 and if he goes we get to replace him with 3 or more players. Win/Win!

Scouse_Jimi said:
BibbyBlue85 said:

It'd be more like £50m to be fair and it's not short sighted, he goes abroad or he doesn't go anywhere is our stance unless it's a ludicrous fee.

Thing is...Other than Real/Barca/Bayern I don't think anyone else will pay the fee other than EPL teams.

Be interesting to see what happens, I stand to win if he stays £10 at 5/1 and if he goes we get to replace him with 3 or more players. Win/Win!
£50 million is a ludicrous fee! TBH, £40 million is ludicrous enough. I'm not saying he isn't a great striker, but Torres went for £50M and everybody knew that was complete nonsense and a last minute panic.
As you say yourself, there are only a few clubs who could afford him, and most of those are in England and I'm not sure any are in a desperate need.
And then there is the matter of his wages.

I think brinkmanship is the right word; I think Liverpool are reconciled to losing him and want top dollar; Madrid believe they can wait till the last minute and force a good price; Suarez thinks he can force a sale; Arsenal are probably playing the game in order to get Higuain (as somebody posted earlier)....

It will be a very interesting story to follow (for us neutrals!) and could have some twists and turns, but I wouldn't have thought Liverpool have the strongest hand to play so they will need to get it spot on.

This is a great story even if it is Arsenal lol
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xK_5CpPLhw&feature=share[/youtube]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.