Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
2007/2008 mr wenger says money is ruining the game and arsenal will do it the correct way and not make big money signings..
2008/2009 mr wenger same as above + man citeee are doing the wrong thing and it is bad...
2009/2010 same as above + do uefa know what man citeee are doing is wrong and how can they be allowed to spend that much money..
2010/2011 same as above + and what they are doing re-naming the stadium is absolutely wrong and should be investigated...
2011/2012 same as above + no comments passed about us winning the league..oh apart from the odd goner or 10 ringing 5live saying "they bought the facking league.." whilst forgetting to add that henry,viera,pires,petit,wiltord,bergkamp,reyes,ljungberg et al all came through their youth system..
2012/2013 just the old classic of money doesn`t always buy you success and looking rather fucking smug when saying it..
2013/2014 completely forgetting what he said for the past five years,mr wenger now has a £70M warchest and has said he intends to spend over £20M on one player alone and more..

the two faced French twat.....that is all!!

manimanc said:
2007/2008 mr wenger says money is ruining the game and arsenal will do it the correct way and not make big money signings..
2008/2009 mr wenger same as above + man citeee are doing the wrong thing and it is bad...
2009/2010 same as above + do uefa know what man citeee are doing is wrong and how can they be allowed to spend that much money..
2010/2011 same as above + and what they are doing re-naming the stadium is absolutely wrong and should be investigated...
2011/2012 same as above + no comments passed about us winning the league..oh apart from the odd goner or 10 ringing 5live saying "they bought the facking league.." whilst forgetting to add that henry,viera,pires,petit,wiltord,bergkamp,reyes,ljungberg et al all came through their youth system..
2012/2013 just the old classic of money doesn`t always buy you success and looking rather fucking smug when saying it..
2013/2014 completely forgetting what he said for the past five years,mr wenger now has a £70M warchest and has said he intends to spend over £20M on one player alone and more..

the two faced French twat.....that is all!!

But it was all done the right way with money they've earned.

mcmanus said:
jlc09 said:
mcmanus said:
Strange that they are looking to spend decent money on players now their 4th place trophy is under threat.

Clueless statement.

-- Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:48 am --

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Think it was obvious Arsenal were going to come back one day, been a funny 8 years, especially the last 3 were they have been nothing to us.

And yet you finished just 5 pts ahead of us last season and failed in every cup like ourselves.

Go on tell me why I'm clueless.

The Tarquin's board have seemed happy for a top 4 spot for a while and selling top class players in the process.

I know the stadium costs did hamper things but they could easily have borrowed the cash to stay competitive.

Now there is a real danger of not getting CL football it's time to 'splash the cash'. Morally wrong though.

Well if you think we were intentionally not spending for the last few years, and are now doing so because our Top 4 spot is in danger then you are clueless.

You're obviously not clued up on the subject. Do some research.

-- Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:58 pm --

malg said:
You lot are the worst of the worst for me in the current age of football. You are happy with 4th place, fucking happy with 4th place! Your manager is a twat of the highest order, and I hold him personally responsible (along with Chelsea for getting rid of Mourinho) for the scum winning so many trophies. If there wasn't a CL place for finishing outside the top two then Wenger would have been forced to spend money and challenge the filth - but no, he's happy to finish in fourth place to get in the CL, and the money that brings. The fucking twat has turned into an accountant and forgotten what his job is - bring trophies to the club.......for helping that fucking whisky nosed prick win so many trophies I hold Wenger in the same light as war criminals.

The way you celebrated getting 4th was bad enough, but the season before the way you celebrated at Highbury when you beat us when some of your fans were singing Rag songs outside the ground - humiliating. You have actually, as a club, have sided with the filthy red kunts in Salford, even selling them your best player...........you fucking bunch of lick spittle cum stains fawning all over Ferguson like the rest of the great unwashed. That fucking rigged article that stated the Rags had 650m fans probably included you fucking shower.

Oh, and it may only have been 5 points, but it may as well have been 20 as you are that far behind us now it is bordering on embarrassing. You should be ashamed to put some of that stuff in your post. You should be on here lambasting your fucking manager at his utterly piss poor performance over the last 8 years, and looking forward to maybe signing some decent players to supplement your shite team. For me, I'm guessing you won't get any of the players you're currently being linked with, and Wenger and his little minions will be happy to finish ahead of Spurs again........FUCKING PISS POOR!

Embarassing post - it's just chest-thumping, overly emotional rubbish.

Last season has taken it's toll on you it seems. Relax a bit, remember where you were 10 years ago.

I don’t like Arsenal, partly due to the majority of the fans that I have met tend to be cretins who fail to see the irony in the statements they make about City buying success. Of course I know not all Arsenal fans are like this.

IMO Arsenal took a huge gamble in trying to ensure they’d become a financial heavyweight in the future and that plan, until City were bought, looked odds on to succeed. Our takeover made things uncomfortable but with the mismanagement of Liverpool and the shocking lack of ambition shown by Levy at Spurs it has worked out well for them. They have played the long game and it’s going to pay off.

Of course during that time Arsenal fans should have been very annoyed seeing their club on the surface showing no ambition, even selling many of their stars to rivals in the process of falling well behind them, but I imagine all that will be forgotten.

If Arsenal missed out on 4th it could have had major implications for them. Levy for all his faults is not stupid and should Spurs finished 4th he would have ensured they cemented that top 4 place. As it happened Levy played the same game as Arsenal and ultimately lost. If the celebrations seemed ‘small time’ to most, Arsenal fans knew the true worth of it. They are now in a much stronger financial position and I expect them to be spending big and challenging for major honours over the coming seasons (as they have done in the past on both counts).

Once arsenal pay off their stadium they will be a huge force. Wenger has become obsessed with the money side of things as well, but I think he sees the pot of gold at the end. I just wish we had stopped them getting top 4 a few times to slow them down repaying their debts.

They're making huge profits already, once they pay off their library I think they could easily splash 80m a year on transfers for many a year.

I don't really expect arsenal to spend an awful lot again this season, maybe in a year or two, it will be money spent selling deadwood I reckon.

It's a tough one aucklandblue as levy is still trying for the new stadium, he will only pay what we can sell. I think if we hadn't had misfiring strikers then he may have got a pat on the back instead.

Fuck arsenal!!!!!!!!!!

Considering they are going to be spending lots of money, they seem pretty slow in doing just that.

Were they mentioning targets to sell season tickets perhaps??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.