Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Cadena COPE’s El Partido del las 12 and Spanish sports daily Marca, Atletico reached an agreement with Cazorla for the former Malaga star to make his way back to Spain and join the Champions League bound Colchoneros.

However, Atletico Madrid must still negotiate terms of the transfer with Arsenal, who are not likely to sell the breakout Spanish international for the €24 million they paid Malaga last summer.

While details on the agreement remain scarce, it is believed that Cazorla’s price tag will be upwards of €30 million, if he were to be sold.

Cazorla’s arrival will signal the end of the club’s interest in Wolfsburg midfielder, Diego Ribas, who had been longing for a move back to the Spanish capital.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/67054/breaking-atletico-madrid-reportedly-reach-personal-terms-with-arsenals-santi-cazorla/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/67 ... i-cazorla/</a>

Scouse_Jimi said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
Very short sighted IMO mate. If we or any other top 4 club offered 40m for him, your club would snap our/their hand off. I say this with respect but selling Suarez to a top 4 club would not have any impact on your league position as you're well off a top 4 place

It'd be more like £50m to be fair and it's not short sighted, he goes abroad or he doesn't go anywhere is our stance unless it's a ludicrous fee.

Thing is...Other than Real/Barca/Bayern I don't think anyone else will pay the fee other than EPL teams.

Be interesting to see what happens, I stand to win if he stays £10 at 5/1 and if he goes we get to replace him with 3 or more players. Win/Win!
If Suarez stays it will be bad for you. You need to sell him while he has value.

He'll get dogs abuse, and you'll just get a repeat of the transfer speculation as January approaches only it will be much worse as they'll be so much focus on him

If Rooney goes to CFC which looks inevitable, then there look like 2 bidders:

Arsenal and Real Madrid. I'm not sure Real Madrid will go for him as they have spent a lot and he is very very high risk. Imagine you're playing a CL Quarter Final and he gets sent off.

From the Daily Fail (says it all really):

EXCLUSIVE: Now Arsenal move for Mata! Wenger's pursuit of big-name signings takes twist as Gunners go for Chelsea maestro
By David Kent
PUBLISHED: 11:22, 19 July 2013 | UPDATED: 12:25, 19 July 2013

380 shares 134
View
comments
Arsenal are interested in signing Chelsea playmaker Juan Mata this summer.
The Spaniard's future at Stamford Bridge has been under scrutiny since Jose Mourinho's return as manager.
And Sportsmail understands the Gunners are being kept updated with regards to the former Valencia man's future with a view to launching an audacious swoop should Chelsea decide to sell.

Wanted man: Juan Mata is being targeted by Chelsea's Premier League rivals Lorena Martinez
Manager Arsene Wenger came close to landing Mata in 2011, but Chelsea pipped the Gunners to the 25-year-old.
Mata has become one of the Premier League's best ever imports, winning the Champions League, Europa League and FA Cup since his arrival.
Chelsea insist the player is not for sale this summer, but Arsenal will continue to watch the situation carefully should their stance change.

Taking the plunge: Mata was enjoying the remainder of his summer break while in Ibiza

Scrutiny: Mata's future at Chelsea remains uncertain despite a sensational season last year
Reports emerged earlier this week that either Mata or David Luiz could be used as makeweights in Chelsea's move for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney.

But Mourinho rubbished the prospect, saying there was 'no chance' either player would be sold this summer.

‘I spoke with them during the summer but when they finished the Confederations Cup I wished them luck and told them I will see them on July 28,’ said the Chelsea boss.

Uncertain: Mata's future has come under scrutiny since Jose Mourinho re-joined Chelsea

Star performer: Mata was voted Chelsea's player of the year for the second successive season
‘I have told them they are very important for me. How can I change that two days later? So, no contact with them.’

Mata scored 11 Premier League goals last season and notched up 13 assists, earning him the club's player of the year award for the second successive season.

Arsenal are also chasing a number of other targets, with the north-London club hoping to bring any one of Liverpool's Luis Suarez, Manchester United's Wayne Rooney or Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain to the club as a marquee summer signing.

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2370146/Arsenal-interested-Juan-Mata-Chelsea.html#ixzz2ZUpzv3Fh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z2ZUpzv3Fh</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

These Mata sale stories started even before Mourinho was confirmed I think.
So much smoke, there has to be a fire somewhere.

However, I dont see Chelsea actually selling Mata. Mourinho may not like his style of play (not physical (?)) and might not think highly of him but Chelsea will not let Mourinho sell him.
Given the regular churn of managers, I doubt Chelsea heirarchy will give Mourinho this much power to sell their two time player of the season. Mata has been a first choice player for every manager at Chelsea. If Mourinho does go to battle with their board over Mata, there is only going to be one winner.

bleed.blue said:
These Mata sale stories started even before Mourinho was confirmed I think.
So much smoke, there has to be a fire somewhere.

However, I dont see Chelsea actually selling Mata. Mourinho may not like his style of play (not physical (?)) and might not think highly of him but Chelsea will not let Mourinho sell him.
Given the regular churn of managers, I doubt Chelsea heirarchy will give Mourinho this much power to sell their two time player of the season. Mata has been a first choice player for every manager at Chelsea. If Mourinho does go to battle with their board over Mata, there is only going to be one winner.

Well that can only be to the detriment of Chelsea. Whether he's right or wrong, if Mourinho wants Mata gone, then Chelsea should sell him. A player who knows he isn't wanted by the manager will not perform anywhere near his best. It would also mean Mourinho is being undermined just weeks into his return. If this really is the case, then I don't fear Chelsea this year, and Mourinhos second spell will be a short one.

However, aside from unsubstantiated reports from shit stirring red tops, I've yet to see proof that he's trying to get rid of arguably their best player.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-transfer-arsenal-bid-2082510" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... id-2082510</a>

Arsenal trigger Luis Suarez's Liverpool contract clause with incredible £40,000,001 bid
23 Jul 2013 22:39

And that extra pound means the Merseyside club, who have rejected the approach, will have to tell Suarez of the Gunners' interest in him

Uruguay ace Suarez, 26, will find Wenger prepared to shatter the Emirates wage structure with a five-year, £150,000-a-week contract.

Despite the £40m-plus offer, Liverpool would find it more palatable to sell – if their hands are forced – to Real Madrid.

So far Real have only valued Suarez at £25m, but the Spanish giants have agreed to sell Gonzalo Higuain to Valencia for £30m.

And Suarez’s advisors have been asked to stall any negotiations until the Bernabeu outfit can make their own formal approach to Liverpool.
<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:56 pm --<br /><br />
Breaking: Liverpool reject a bid of £40m from Arsenal for Luis Suarez. More soon #lfc #afc

Scouse_Jimi said:
Arsenal jokers...the only end I can see to this is that they bid enough to piss Luis off that we're not accepting, the relationship breaks down and Madrid swoop in on deadline day.

Cannot believe we'd ever sell to a Premier League club

Dippers rejected it according to BBC 5live. Does enough to unsettle him and start a bidding war.

My 10p's worth:

Klanfield Cannibal to Chelsea and Wooney to Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.