Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
dave_blue12 said:
afc16 said:
dave_blue12 said:
no games are easy in the pl and winning against west brom or southampton or swansea can sometimes be just as hard as winning against city/utd chelsea etc.

Statistically it is clearly more difficult to win points against the top teams than against the bottom teams. Arsenal have thus far largely played bottom teams.

You Gooners can carry on kidding yourselves and you may turn out to be the real deal but your fixtures thus far prove nothing.

of course its harder but what i mean is that in reality how the league is theres just as much chance of a southampton beating you as there is a city.

all the top teams have had seasons where theyve done well against the big teams and not as well against the smaller ones and vice versa.

going by your logic utd would have expected to beat west brom and southampton at home but they didn't, yet they might well beat city liverpool arsenal at home.

You are talking crap. The top teams generally beat the lower teams - that's why they are top teams !

Any team is far more likely to be beaten by City than Southampton. The results are there to prove it.

Of course Utd expected to beat West Brom & Southampton. They didn't because the results are anomalous or Utd are no longer a top team. Obviously I hope it's the latter.

I agree that top teams generally beat the lower teams and that as important as having a good record in the big games. Man united are looking average but they have a new manager and going to take time to get used to him. They won,t win the league but its not the end of the world for united that.

The point about Asenal having easy fixtures to date is valid up to a point

They have had easy fixtures, but the quality of their performances and the form of Ozil and Ramsay indicates that they have gone up a level. Their self belief has grown.

I think City's squad is stronger, but Arsenal could easily strengthen again in the January transfer window

So far Arsenal, City and Chelsea look to be significantly stronger than the rest of the Premiership. Spurs are level with City on points, but they look short of creativity and goals. Teams are going to go to WHL and shut up shop and they are going to struggle to break them down

I'm With Stupid said:
GunnerGer said:
Why do people insist on just using a player vs player comparison to determine better teams / defences etc.
Exactly. We know we've got the best defence because we've conceded fewer goals than anyone else for the past 3 seasons and we haven't lost any key players in that time. There's no arguing with that.

I'd much rather go with that logic than just a player for player comparison.

Marvin said:
The point about Asenal having easy fixtures to date is valid up to a point

They have had easy fixtures, but the quality of their performances and the form of Ozil and Ramsay indicates that they have gone up a level. Their self belief has grown.

I think City's squad is stronger, but Arsenal could easily strengthen again in the January transfer window

So far Arsenal, City and Chelsea look to be significantly stronger than the rest of the Premiership. Spurs are level with City on points, but they look short of creativity and goals. Teams are going to go to WHL and shut up shop and they are going to struggle to break them down

We are stronger this year due to a combination of bringing in world class players, better pressing of the ball and more confidence. Plus many of young players like Ramsay have gone up a level. I think us and you are pretty much level. The three of us , city and chelsea look way ahead of spurs, man united and liverpool this season.

I think Spurs have a good midfield but they lack a quality defence and quality strikers. They look to powerpuff at time this season without bale.

Let's not get too carried away yet. So far, they've beaten Fulham, Spurs, Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom and Norwich. Or in short, 6 of the 7 teams they've played are currently in the bottom half, including 3 of the bottom 5. They did beat Spurs, but only 1-0 at home. They've looked impressive, but I'll be interested to see them against Dortmund and some of the better sides in the Premier League.

I'm With Stupid said:
Let's not get too carried away yet. So far, they've beaten Fulham, Spurs, Sunderland, Stoke, Swansea, West Brom and Norwich. Or in short, 6 of the 7 teams they've played are currently in the bottom half, including 3 of the bottom 5. They did beat Spurs, but only 1-0 at home. They've looked impressive, but I'll be interested to see them against Dortmund and some of the better sides in the Premier League.

Mate we been good all year. We beat a quality side from italy and spurs are no mugs. We also this year won 2-0 at Bayern Munich . We good enough to beat dortmund, liverpool and man united in next few weeks.

I think klopp summed up us in his press conference. This is what he said
This team missed one player and maybe it can be Mesut Ozil," said Klopp, who will serve a touchline ban on Tuesday.

"He is technically perfect, he is fast and has developed a drive to goal.

"He is very intelligent, can play in any team. He has everything, is natural and it works very well.

"That is why it was a great idea from Arsenal and not so from the one (team) who let him go."

Klopp added: "One year ago no-one thought it was possible they could play brilliant football without (Santi) Cazorla, now they have some injuries and still look strong with Ramsey and Wilshere, Rosicky is back in shape and Giroud, he is one of the best (strikers).

"As a supporter this is one of the most beautiful types of football to watch, I like it.

"Who is strong enough to be champions in the Premier League is of course strong enough to go to the final of the Champions League.

"Now they are back in the race (for titles) and we want to stop them."

So he knows how good we are

As unusual as it is for a manager to praise a team he's about to play, I'll reserve judgement until after more than 7 games. Napoli are decent, but they're not the team that hammered us a couple of years ago.

I'm With Stupid said:
As unusual as it is for a manager to praise a team he's about to play, I'll reserve judgement until after more than 7 games. Napoli are decent, but they're not the team that hammered us a couple of years ago.

Their still a good team that have a quality manager and were unbeaten till they faced us. Also klopp would not say that for nothing. Hardly said those words before playing even madrid in the semi final. He knows how good we are. We got some tough games ahead. If we get through them and win most of them then we be hard to beat this year.

Kun Aguero said:
gooner2 said:
Kun Aguero said:
A better midfield? maybe but no way would I swap our defense for yours.

For left back we have Clichy and Kolarov where as you have Gibbs and Monreal, that's about even.

Nastasic, Kompany, Lescott, Demichelis V Mertesacker, Vermaelen and Koscielny? to me that's not even close we win easily.

Sagna and Jenkinson V Richards and Zabaleta? again we win.

In the end you got to admit that we have a very good team and you have a very good team. Lets just praise that and look forward to a hopefully epic battle between us, you and chelsea for the league this year.

It's a deal fella. On a side issue what do you make of the prices at the Emirates regarding season tickets and food? I grudge paying £5.50 for a pie so no way would I pay £20 for a fish supper and a pint of Carlsburg.

its expensive but i think arsenals high prices get way more exposure then others.

i cant remember what team it was, might have been norwich, who were charging away fans almost as much as arsenal charge. thats scandalous as they are in one of the cheapest areas of the country with a old stadium. no reason to charge that much whereas at least arsenal can justify it to an extent due to our location and increased costs.<br /><br />-- Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:05 pm --<br /><br />
I'm With Stupid said:
GunnerGer said:
Why do people insist on just using a player vs player comparison to determine better teams / defences etc.
Exactly. We know we've got the best defence because we've conceded fewer goals than anyone else for the past 3 seasons and we haven't lost any key players in that time. There's no arguing with that.

and we also conceded the 2nd least amount of goals last season, the difference was just 3 goals which over a course of 38 games is nothing. which pretty much proves that our defence give or take was as good as yours. i would say your right side maybe very slightly better, left i think i'd go with ours, and central defence about even.

like the other arsenal fan said, you have to look at it as a unit and as a unit kos and merte have been as solid as anyone in the league for almost a year now.

afc16 said:
Kun Aguero said:
gooner2 said:
In the end you got to admit that we have a very good team and you have a very good team. Lets just praise that and look forward to a hopefully epic battle between us, you and chelsea for the league this year.

It's a deal fella. On a side issue what do you make of the prices at the Emirates regarding season tickets and food? I grudge paying £5.50 for a pie so no way would I pay £20 for a fish supper and a pint of Carlsburg.

its expensive but i think arsenals high prices get way more exposure then others.

i cant remember what team it was, might have been norwich, who were charging away fans almost as much as arsenal charge. thats scandalous as they are in one of the cheapest areas of the country with a old stadium. no reason to charge that much whereas at least arsenal can justify it to an extent due to our location and increased costs.

-- Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:05 pm --

I'm With Stupid said:
GunnerGer said:

and we also conceded the 2nd least amount of goals last season, the difference was just 3 goals which over a course of 38 games is nothing. which pretty much proves that our defence give or take was as good as yours. i would say your right side maybe very slightly better, left i think i'd go with ours, and central defence about even.

like the other arsenal fan said, you have to look at it as a unit and as a unit kos and merte have been as solid as anyone in the league for almost a year now.

Mate i can,t defend the club season ticket price hike. Yes we big club that play great football. But it still piss take that they gone up every year when we being finishing in same sport last few years till this year. Not asking for amazing cheap tickets but just little consideration of the fans. The agms can be a nightmare getting the americans to understand this .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.