Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
See what they do against Dortmund.

Beat Dortmund, and then no one can argue.

I'm pretty much convinced already that Arsenal are the real deal. Could do with them getting beat just to raise a few doubts in their players minds. At the moment they are growing stronger by the week

Arsenal can win against Dortmund if they do not think that can play openly with them. If they do they might be easy prey to the early pressings and counter attacks. I do not know how pressing resistant their midfield is.

Marvin said:
See what they do against Dortmund.

Beat Dortmund, and then no one can argue.

I'm pretty much convinced already that Arsenal are the real deal. Could do with them getting beat just to raise a few doubts in their players minds. At the moment they are growing stronger by the week

I think we are the real deal. We still got ox, diaby, pod and theo to come back. We playing wonderful football and defending as a team. I think we beat dortmund on tuesday night. But their give us a game. Fancy us to win 3-1. I like dortmund as a club though. Their manager is class and so are their fans . They are though a bit of a selling club .

gooner2 said:
Their still a good team that have a quality manager and were unbeaten till they faced us. Also klopp would not say that for nothing. Hardly said those words before playing even madrid in the semi final. He knows how good we are. We got some tough games ahead. If we get through them and win most of them then we be hard to beat this year.
Well the cliche is that the best team always wins the league, but I don't think that's actually true. We might have a team that could beat Man Utd 8 games out of 10, but if they're more consistent in beating the teams they "should" beat (which they were last season), then they're going to win the league. That's why player comparisons are pointless, because they're only a factor in 2 games a season. It doesn't matter who's better out of Silva, Mata and Ozil, they're all much better than Jermaine Pennant, which is the type of competition they've got for most of their matches.

Look at the rags for the last few seasons. They've won consistently in the Premier League, but been found out in Europe against top class opposition where the difference between a very good player and a world class player really is a factor.

I'm With Stupid said:
gooner2 said:
Their still a good team that have a quality manager and were unbeaten till they faced us. Also klopp would not say that for nothing. Hardly said those words before playing even madrid in the semi final. He knows how good we are. We got some tough games ahead. If we get through them and win most of them then we be hard to beat this year.
Well the cliche is that the best team always wins the league, but I don't think that's actually true. We might have a team that could beat Man Utd 8 games out of 10, but if they're more consistent in beating the teams they "should" beat (which they were last season), then they're going to win the league. That's why player comparisons are pointless, because they're only a factor in 2 games a season. It doesn't matter who's better out of Silva, Mata and Ozil, they're all much better than Jermaine Pennant, which is the type of competition they've got for most of their matches.

You are right and most consistent teams win the league. Arsenal though have been very consistent in winnng their last 20 out of 24 games since derby defeat to spurs. We are ready to win the league and i think the team overall balence shows that. We got great striker, quality attacking midfielders, great defensive midfielders, two world class center back and a great young goalkeeper. Only worry is lack of back up at the back.

But we shown most of this year how consistent we are against both the good and average teams.

gooner2 said:
Marvin said:
The point about Asenal having easy fixtures to date is valid up to a point

They have had easy fixtures, but the quality of their performances and the form of Ozil and Ramsay indicates that they have gone up a level. Their self belief has grown.

I think City's squad is stronger, but Arsenal could easily strengthen again in the January transfer window

So far Arsenal, City and Chelsea look to be significantly stronger than the rest of the Premiership. Spurs are level with City on points, but they look short of creativity and goals. Teams are going to go to WHL and shut up shop and they are going to struggle to break them down

We are stronger this year due to a combination of bringing in world class players, better pressing of the ball and more confidence. Plus many of young players like Ramsay have gone up a level. I think us and you are pretty much level. The three of us , city and chelsea look way ahead of spurs, man united and liverpool this season.

I think Spurs have a good midfield but they lack a quality defence and quality strikers. They look to powerpuff at time this season without bale.

And not having played anyone of note. Lets see how that defence holds up against real decent teams. It looked shaky enough
against Norwich.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
Marvin said:
The point about Asenal having easy fixtures to date is valid up to a point

They have had easy fixtures, but the quality of their performances and the form of Ozil and Ramsay indicates that they have gone up a level. Their self belief has grown.

I think City's squad is stronger, but Arsenal could easily strengthen again in the January transfer window

So far Arsenal, City and Chelsea look to be significantly stronger than the rest of the Premiership. Spurs are level with City on points, but they look short of creativity and goals. Teams are going to go to WHL and shut up shop and they are going to struggle to break them down

We are stronger this year due to a combination of bringing in world class players, better pressing of the ball and more confidence. Plus many of young players like Ramsay have gone up a level. I think us and you are pretty much level. The three of us , city and chelsea look way ahead of spurs, man united and liverpool this season.

I think Spurs have a good midfield but they lack a quality defence and quality strikers. They look to powerpuff at time this season without bale.

And not having played anyone of note. Lets see how that defence holds up against real decent teams. It looked shaky enough
against Norwich.

Well we have beaten decent team like spurs, nappoli, bayern munich in march and have won 20 from our last 24 games.

We have a great attack and our defending mostly has been top class. Mertersacker and kos are the best center back partnership in the league.

gooner2 said:
I'm With Stupid said:
gooner2 said:

You are right and most consistent teams win the league. Arsenal though have been very consistent in winnng their last 20 out of 24 games since derby defeat to spurs. We are ready to win the league and i think the team overall balence shows that. We got great striker, quality attacking midfielders, great defensive midfielders, two world class center back and a great young goalkeeper. Only worry is lack of back up at the back.

But we shown most of this year how consistent we are against both the good and average teams.

And quoting records over a year, doesn't count. Last season is over and you finished fouth. Those games up till
may of this year count for nothing now.

gooner2 said:
Lol, you don't have two world class centre backs. Even we don't have two world class centre backs.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
I'm With Stupid said:

And quoting records over a year, doesn't count. Last season is over and you finished fouth. Those games up till
may of this year count for nothing now.

I think it does as it reflects form the whole year around and the way we finished last season has come into how well we played this year. Their is a long way to go but we are the real deal this season. You can,t deny that.

-- Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:27 pm --

I'm With Stupid said:
gooner2 said:
Lol, you don't have two world class centre backs. Even we don't have two world class centre backs.

Of course we do. Mertersacker and kos are two top international center backs who play for their country's first teams. At the end of last season they only let in as a pair 5 goals in 11 games after the spurs defeat. This is a outstanding achivement. That was the best defensive record of any team in the league. They are two world class center backs. You have a great center back in kompany as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.