Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
afc16 said:
be careful now, ur beginning to sound like the rags with ur arrogant 'we have the best of everything' mentality.

you pathetically put multiple question marks as if im some kind of nutter for even suggesting we have a better midfield???

yes we do have a slightly better midfield in terms of personal and depth.

cazorla or silva? about even but ask any non city or arsenal fan and most would say that for the last year at least cazorla has been better.

ramsey or fern? ask any non city fan in europe who'd they'd rather have now.

yaya or wilshere, not comparable as completly different players, in his position yaya is amongst the best in the world but this question shouldn't even be about 1 or the other. it should really be flamini or yaya and yea id say yaya.

ozil or nasri? phhh...

our midfield options:

ramsey
ozil
wilshere
flamini
rosicky
diaby
arteta
ox
cazorla

forget comparing man for man, as a collection of midfielders overall that is better then what you have got.

and yes we do have a fairly similar defence, not a night and day difference like your hundred question marks seem to suggest, as mentioned before you loose kompany and your defence wobbles as admitted by your own fans.

we have better left side, about even right side, and central defence with the exception of kompany is about even.

goallie? right now shezny is ahead on form, and on ability both about the same, hart gets hyped up cos hes english and you all fall for it.

and no i havent checked your projections for next april but unless they are over £400m (over a £100m jump from where you are now) then you won't be overtaking us anytime soon.

A better midfield? maybe but no way would I swap our defense for yours.

For left back we have Clichy and Kolarov where as you have Gibbs and Monreal, that's about even.

Nastasic, Kompany, Lescott, Demichelis V Mertesacker, Vermaelen and Koscielny? to me that's not even close we win easily.

Sagna and Jenkinson V Richards and Zabaleta? again we win.

Kun Aguero said:

For left back we have Clichy and Kolarov where as you have Gibbs and Monreal, that's about even.

Nastasic, Kompany, Lescott, Demichelis V Mertesacker, Vermaelen and Koscielny? to me that's not even close we win easily.

Why do people insist on just using a player vs player comparison to determine better teams / defences etc.

That's way too simplistic, otherwise Chelsea or City would have won the league the last 5 years & Utd wouldn't have had a look in.

Arsenals famous back 4 / 5 only had one regular England international, the rest rarely got a look in, yet they had the best defence at the time.

afc16 said:
you talk of natural order but in actual fact the natural order for the majority of even just the last 10 years has been for arsenal to finish above city. you seriously can't say after finishing above us a handful of times that that is the 'natural order'?

talk about natural order when you've been finished above us for 10/20 years, as thats how long it has to realistically be before its considered a natural order.

You should change your name to AFC6061, you have earned it.

Kun Aguero said:
afc16 said:
be careful now, ur beginning to sound like the rags with ur arrogant 'we have the best of everything' mentality.

you pathetically put multiple question marks as if im some kind of nutter for even suggesting we have a better midfield???

cazorla or silva? about even but ask any non city or arsenal fan and most would say that for the last year at least cazorla has been better.

yaya or wilshere, not comparable as completly different players, in his position yaya is amongst the best in the world but this question shouldn't even be about 1 or the other. it should really be flamini or yaya and yea id say yaya.

ozil or nasri? phhh...

our midfield options:

ramsey
ozil
wilshere
flamini
rosicky
diaby
arteta
ox
cazorla

forget comparing man for man, as a collection of midfielders overall that is better then what you have got.

and yes we do have a fairly similar defence, not a night and day difference like your hundred question marks seem to suggest, as mentioned before you loose kompany and your defence wobbles as admitted by your own fans.

we have better left side, about even right side, and central defence with the exception of kompany is about even.

goallie? right now shezny is ahead on form, and on ability both about the same, hart gets hyped up cos hes english and you all fall for it.

and no i havent checked your projections for next april but unless they are over £400m (over a £100m jump from where you are now) then you won't be overtaking us anytime soon.

In the end you got to admit that we have a very good team and you have a very good team. Lets just praise that and look forward to a hopefully epic battle between us, you and chelsea for the league this year.

To me, Arsenal's team looks the strongest in the league, I've thought that since the start of the season. Also only Arsenal and Chelsea have managers who have actually won the Premier League before which is probably an advantage for them.

GHoddle said:
To me, Arsenal's team looks the strongest in the league, I've thought that since the start of the season. Also only Arsenal and Chelsea have managers who have actually won the Premier League before which is probably an advantage for them.

I think you are right. We have been the best team in the league this season and i think we have the best squad. Us and chelsea do have advantage as we both have the two best managers in the league. Both knows what it takes to win the league

gooner2 said:
Kun Aguero said:
afc16 said:

ozil or nasri? phhh...

our midfield options:

ramsey
ozil
wilshere
flamini
rosicky
diaby
arteta
ox
cazorla

In the end you got to admit that we have a very good team and you have a very good team. Lets just praise that and look forward to a hopefully epic battle between us, you and chelsea for the league this year.

It's a deal fella. On a side issue what do you make of the prices at the Emirates regarding season tickets and food? I grudge paying £5.50 for a pie so no way would I pay £20 for a fish supper and a pint of Carlsburg.

GunnerGer said:
Why do people insist on just using a player vs player comparison to determine better teams / defences etc.
Exactly. We know we've got the best defence because we've conceded fewer goals than anyone else for the past 3 seasons and we haven't lost any key players in that time. There's no arguing with that.

Kun Aguero said:
gooner2 said:
Kun Aguero said:

In the end you got to admit that we have a very good team and you have a very good team. Lets just praise that and look forward to a hopefully epic battle between us, you and Chelsea for the league this year.

It's a deal fella. On a side issue what do you make of the prices at the Emirates regarding season tickets and food? I grudge paying £5.50 for a pie so no way would I pay £20 for a fish supper and a pint of Carlsburg.

Cheers mate. My view on the season tickets and food is this. It is a total disgrace how much the club ask us to pay for food and season tickets. I can,t afford to go to as many games any more as its far to expensive. When it was at highbury back in the day, the tickets were at least affordable. I know we a big club but don,t take the piss out of the fans.

It been raised at agms but the Americans don,t really seem to take notice. They know most of the fans are mugs and will pay the disgraceful prices . for tickets food and drink. Their lucky we got a good team now. If we were still playing like we did early last season the bad feeling about this would be back.

afc16 said:
dave_blue12 said:
no games are easy in the pl and winning against west brom or southampton or swansea can sometimes be just as hard as winning against city/utd chelsea etc.

Statistically it is clearly more difficult to win points against the top teams than against the bottom teams. Arsenal have thus far largely played bottom teams.

You Gooners can carry on kidding yourselves and you may turn out to be the real deal but your fixtures thus far prove nothing.

of course its harder but what i mean is that in reality how the league is theres just as much chance of a southampton beating you as there is a city.

all the top teams have had seasons where theyve done well against the big teams and not as well against the smaller ones and vice versa.

going by your logic utd would have expected to beat west brom and southampton at home but they didn't, yet they might well beat city liverpool arsenal at home.

You are talking crap. The top teams generally beat the lower teams - that's why they are top teams !

Any team is far more likely to be beaten by City than Southampton. The results are there to prove it.

Of course Utd expected to beat West Brom & Southampton. They didn't because the results are anomalous or Utd are no longer a top team. Obviously I hope it's the latter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.