Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
afc16 said:
ban-mcfc said:
arsenal have a very good team and will finish top 3 but you're pissing in the wind if you think carzola is better than silva.

what a ridiculous statement.

i didnt say he was better i said they are both about even which they are, i did say that last season cazorla was better and much more influential then silva.

i wouldn't loose sleep over which one i had out of the 2.

silva had a good start but your the one who's pissing in the wind if you think silva's been at his best for the last year, partly down to injuries and partly due to form.

he looks like he's starting to get back to how he was when he first came though.

Siva as good as santi when he is at his best but he lost form last year due to injuries. If he can stay fit he can get back to the form of title winning season for city. Both are great players so it not always easy to compare them.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
if both sides keep progressing like they are doing, The game in December is gonna be a fucking humdinger.

Agree with that. Their are seven more league games before we play each other so lets see what the gap is then. But if it around what it is now then game will be massive. Shame its a morning kick off due to bt sport. Still should be a cracker between the two most entertaining teams in the league.

gooner2 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
if both sides keep progressing like they are doing, The game in December is gonna be a fucking humdinger.

Agree with that. Their are seven more league games before we play each other so lets see what the gap is then. But if it around what it is now then game will be massive. Shame its a morning kick off due to bt sport. Still should be a cracker between the two most entertaining teams in the league.

By far.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
gooner2 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:

By far.

Agree with that. Should be a cracker

In the past we have always seemed to be flat when playing at the Emirates whereas at home we have looked more fluid and seemed the better side. In most games City are happy to keep the ball and generally they attack with greater urgency than Arsenal, although this season has seen a change in that somewhat. The difference between the two sides on paper is that we are more physical when we need to be, and we have more strength in depth in terms of striking options. If Arsenal manage to avoid injury they will do very well. Having said that most are still expecting a period of poor results that ruins Arsenal's season. It is something that seems to always happen but it may not this year. Got a good combination of passing and technique and pace as well especially when Walcott is back fit.

A lot depends on both teams defensively, without Kompany a lot of sides would fancy beating us. Having said that, I would feel the same as I do when playing against any of the top rival sides and that is that our defence can cope better with the opposition players than they can with ours. That is why I think City will defeat Chelsea on Sunday. If Arsenal keep up their form and beat everyone else they will be up there. Every team has slipped up so far, it will come down to who is able to deal with the pressure in the run in.

Just been watching a major wank fest on Ssn. Here's what I've learnt

1. Giroud is suddenly world class. His touch and strength are beyond compare.

2. Mertesacker is suddenly world class. His reading and positioning is beyond compare.

3. Arsenal will win the league.

4. Arsenal have Dortmund Chelsea Liverpool and United coming up and will blow them all away.

Can't wait for them to come to our gaff and give us a 5-0 slapping.

dave_blue12 said:
Statistically Arsenal's start doesn't look quite so impressive when comparing their results against the same teams last year. They have basically only played games they won last year and have therefore dropped 5 points !

Shamelessly stolen from Rawk

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=307955.0;attach=247664;image

You will notice that City ate actually 1 point better off !
I never understood these comparisons, teams changed over the summer. It's also highly dependent on when the club plays these teams. Before and after big CL games you'll see different results than when you play some on a regular weekend. You can't compare how injuries affected both teams at the time and it's also important if they played early or late in the season, what goals are still there for the teams, how is the motivation, determination at the time. It might even depend on the weather. The first game of the season is totally different to the last of last season, even when both times Arsenal play the same team.

JollyGood said:
dave_blue12 said:
Statistically Arsenal's start doesn't look quite so impressive when comparing their results against the same teams last year. They have basically only played games they won last year and have therefore dropped 5 points !

Shamelessly stolen from Rawk

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=307955.0;attach=247664;image

You will notice that City ate actually 1 point better off !
I never understood these comparisons, teams changed over the summer. It's also highly dependent on when the club plays these teams. Before and after big CL games you'll see different results than when you play some on a regular weekend. You can't compare how injuries affected both teams at the time and it's also important if they played early or late in the season, what goals are still there for the teams, how is the motivation, determination at the time. It might even depend on the weather. The first game of the season is totally different to the last of last season, even when both times Arsenal play the same team.

It's just a bit of fun but with some interesting points

Yes teams change but fundamentally results stay quite similar.

This points to the fact that Arse have had a very easy start ! When they start winning/drawing games they drew/lost last season they will statistically become more of a threat for the PL Title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.