Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier this season we played Wolves away 12.30 Saturday after playing Dortmund the previous Wednesday night so I don't know where you've heard that?

I don't recall Pep moaning but when he does make his views known regarding fixture scheduling he's not as whiny as Arteta.

A consequence of being successful is fixture congestion and if Arteta does make a success of it I'm sure it won't be the last time we hear him whinging as as we've realised he likes a good moan.

Just re read what Arteta said, think the rule is if you are away from home in a Champions League game you won't be picked for the early kick off Saturday, and he wants that modified to include if you are playing any game Wednesday you won't be picked for the early kick off Saturday.

As an aside from that, I totally agree with you. You need to suck that up, and build your squad to deal with that. I speak as a Rangers fan who's team was forced to play 5 games in 10 days at the end of the 2008 season, 1 a European final and 1 a domestic cup final in around the end of season league run in. Now that's fixture congestion.

arsenal as a whole from staff, manager, players and fans all seem very on edge, very nervous, highly strung. These emotions can be very draining both mentality and physically. They struggle got contain these on the pitch and get lucky not to pick up more bookings. Take Zinny for example he looks like a loose canon he was never like that at City, he was passionate yes but under control looks far from that at the gooners.

Should the gooners pull of the league i can see them doing a Leicester being awful the next season due to being mentality and physically knackered

For what it's worth I agree with this too. In a way, getting the fan base and players so invested has got them to where they are now. But as you guys know the business end of the season requires mental toughness and composure in certain situations and it's only February but already it's looking like we lack that part. For me, that's definitely a worry over the next couple of months.

Just re read what Arteta said, think the rule is if you are playing any game Wednesday you won't be picked for the early kick off Saturday. away from home in a Champions League game you won't be picked for the early kick off Saturday, and he wants that modified to include if you are

As an aside from that, I totally agree with you. You need to suck that up, and build your squad to deal with that. I speak as a Rangers fan who's team was forced to play 5 games in 10 days at the end of the 2008 season, 1 a European final and 1 a domestic cup final in around the end of season league run in. Now that's fixture congestion.

Arteta does realise that playing at say Newcastle midweek and flying back that evening is alot easier than playing in Russia !. Wednesday and Saturday is normal. does a few hours make that much difference on a saturday.

For what it's worth I agree with this too. In a way, getting the fan base and players so invested has got them to where they are now. But as you guys know the business end of the season requires mental toughness and composure in certain situations and it's only February but already it's looking like we lack that part. For me, that's definitely a worry over the next couple of months.
agree if arsenal are in the position that City were v Villa last season, i think your heads would go !

Just re read what Arteta said, think the rule is if you are away from home in a Champions League game you won't be picked for the early kick off Saturday, and he wants that modified to include if you are playing any game Wednesday you won't be picked for the early kick off Saturday.

I agree with Arteta but it's been going on for years
Associations support their clubs in Europe.
The problem over here is TV companies calling the shots but money talks at the end of the day.

agree if arsenal are in the position that City were v Villa last season, i think your heads would go !

I think in 1 off games like that you can ride the emotions, especially at home. Like in the game we played vs Utd, if you drag them into that type of game too.

However, vs you guys 2nd half, you almost calmed your game down, took the emotion out it and started playing with composure and we just didn't respond really, and started making mistakes.

That was a proper lesson for us in my opinion that night, not in terms of real quality, but in terms of know how.

Fair play to them yesterday, showed a lot of fight to come back twice and then press for the winner.

But the games against Everton, Brentford and us give me hope that they’re a bit too soft and emotional to see it out. We’re not near the business end yet and they looked lost against us and look lost against teams with good defences (Villa’s is woefully open).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.