Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched on the OSthe highlights of the 0-3 PL game in the week following the Carabao Final in 2017-18 and the Emirates is barely half full - rows 'n rows of empty seats. Were Gooners the same as the rest of the nation's fans - after a final they are skint? I wonder if the Haringay football correspondent of the Islington Gazette had his red felt tip out and circled the 'empties' just as the wankers on the MUEN attempted another abysmal failure at amusement whenever there was a spare seat at The Etihad?
Snow was their excuse.
The same snow in which the City supporters travelled in.
There was thousands of empty seats in their end at the Rodri winner game on New Year's Day.

At least now with them winning their game in hand we now know what we have to do . Got to say though they look very good and move the ball fast like we did in years gone by .maybe we will win the maybe arsenal will beat us but tbh they have been by far the best team in the league .

Last edited:
At least now with them winning their fans in hand we now know what we have to do . Got to say though they look very good and move the ball fast like we did in years gone by .maybe we will win the maybe arsenal will beat us but tbh they have been by far the best team in the league .
Got to agree with all that. Still a lot of games to go, but I hope the lead doesn't extend to 8 points again as. If we can do our business and keep them within the 5 point range for the rest of this month - they have Bournemouth at home on Saturday - we can still reel them in during April and May.

Got to agree with all that. Still a lot of games to go, but I hope the lead doesn't extend to 8 points again as. If we can do our business and keep them within the 5 point range for the rest of this month - they have Bournemouth at home on Saturday - we can still reel them in during April and May.
Tbh I think our fixtures are definitely tricky for us from here. Fulham away will be tricky as they seem to be in some form but at the same time we seem to be in top gear/have that luck of the champions.

If we make it all the way to your match with max points and a 5 point lead, then I'll be confident. Us winning the league probably wont be based on beating/losing to you but beating the rest.

Theres a lot of potential banana skins though (not including you lot thats a free hit for me). Liverpool away, Fulham away, West Ham away, Newcastle away and of course Wolves on the last day who could be fighting relegation.

I've looked and Utd have the easiest run in so god forbid they sneak in at the top.

At least now with them winning their game in hand we now know what we have to do . Got to say though they look very good and move the ball fast like we did in years gone by .maybe we will win the maybe arsenal will beat us but tbh they have been by far the best team in the league .
I said the same last night. They play like we used to a couple of seasons ago. For the first time last night I thought that they may go all the way. They are a very good side. Zinchenko makes them tick. He is absolutely perfect for them.

Am I right in thinking this has been a generally amicable tile race in a long time for both of us? Like I dont mind if we dont win the title and you guys do. It seems like you also dont mind Arsenal winning from what I see here.

There doesnt seem to be any hostility compared to your title races against UTD/LIVERPOOL. We're both just acknowledging that whoever wins the league was probably the best team in the season.

Am I right in thinking this has been a generally amicable tile race in a long time for both of us? Like I dont mind if we dont win the title and you guys do. It seems like you also dont mind Arsenal winning from what I see here.

There doesnt seem to be any hostility compared to your title races against UTD/LIVERPOOL. We're both just acknowledging that whoever wins the league was probably the best team in the season.
I think so, Arsenal have been tremendous this year and if you win the league, fair play.

I've just watched on the OSthe highlights of the 0-3 PL game in the week following the Carabao Final in 2017-18 and the Emirates is barely half full - rows 'n rows of empty seats. Were Gooners the same as the rest of the nation's fans - after a final they are skint? I wonder if the Haringay football correspondent of the Islington Gazette had his red felt tip out and circled the 'empties' just as the wankers on the MUEN attempted another abysmal failure at amusement whenever there was a spare seat at The Etihad?
They were also going through a period of being against the board (and Wenger!) so that was part of the mass absentees. It was unbelievable just how empty it was but we had a good night taking the piss on and off the pitch.... 'Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay.....'

You lot winning it is much more palatable than the alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.