Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are title challengers. Period.
I don't think they are.

They are playing well but seem to be playing at full pelt and riding on that emotion. A couple of bad results can easily knock that.

Whereas we seem to be in 3rd gear for most of the time and look if we need to up our game we can do that. I don't think Arsenal can do that at the moment.

They won't be within 10 points of us come the end of the season

Look a handful going forwards but they also look poor at the back.

Top 4 will be a good season for them, runners up superb but they are nowhere near our level yet.

Anyone else noticed that Oliver is never called to the monitor. I believe he thinks he is above being corrected by lesser officials and instructs them beforehand . United had a soft penalty last week.
I've noticed he's given 2 non pens in his last 2 games, now call me a cynic but wonder how the betting patterns were on 'a pen in the game'?

All they can do is beat what's in front of them, they've played Spurs, United and Liverpool and they're still top, can't knock them for that.

It remains to be seen whether they have enough for a title race. Getting 90 points is a lot different than 10 games of good form.

The World Cup break might help their squad, can't imagine they've many players that start for their national teams.

They've 5 games left before the World Cup:
Leeds (A)
Southampton (A)
Forest (H)
Chelsea (A)
Wolves (A)

Not the hardest games but 4 away games will be challenging.

As of right now they look good for top 4, Spurs are still nearby and I see a Chelsea ressurgance under Potter.

Challengers for 2nd spot, maybe, not the title. You’re nailed on for that.
It’s a good try, your stance that City are nailed on etc, but it won’t wash. Deep down you think Arsenal have a chance, and why not? Reminds me of Mancini in 2012: “No, we can’t win the title from here” Keep it up!

Look a handful going forwards but they also look poor at the back.

Top 4 will be a good season for them, runners up superb but they are nowhere near our level yet.
You've only got to be at our level twice and there's a six point gap, and then there is the whistling wankers 'n VAR to consider. I think the Arse got away with a couple yesterday!

They are title challengers. Period.
Definitely. I wanted them to beat the dippers yesterday, to put them out of the picture but we have to take Arsenal seriously now. I felt when we beat them on New Year’s Day, they would be the next serious challenger. They remind me of City, early in our revolution with Pep. At that time we were good enough to beat any team in the league, home and away. Lack of experience of the kind of pressure we put teams under will probably do for them, but if Leicester can do it…

It’s a good try, your stance that City are nailed on etc, but it won’t wash. Deep down you think Arsenal have a chance, and why not? Reminds me of Mancini in 2012: “No, we can’t win the title from here” Keep it up!

You might think we are downplaying it, but let's look at facts. As far as I'm aware, we've never had a 90+ point season. We've had x2 80+ point seasons since the Invincibles, the last of which was 15 years ago. Last season, we got 69 points. If we say we are challengers, we'd be rightly called delusional. I'd be happy with top 4, and I'd be over the moon with 2nd. It's just where we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.