Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly we were motivated to get a last minute winner in the last game to reach 100 pts. We'd won the league at a canter 6 weeks previous.

Indeed, and to get to 100 points it's an unbelievable achievement, there's no doubting that. That and a domestic treble are fantastic things to dine out on and be proud of.

I can't talk for Jack, but I don't think he was downplaying your achievement. I think he might have meant that he doesn't care if we get to 100 points because that was totally unrealistic for us anyway. We've already beaten last season's total, that's how far behind we were.

Last edited:
Indeed, and to get to 100 points it's an unbelievable achievement, there's no doubting that. That and a domestic treble are fantastic things to dine out on and be proud of.

I can't talk for Jack, but I don't think he was downplaying your achievement. I think he might have meant that he doesn't care if we get to 100 points because that was totally unrealistic for us anyway. We've already beaten last season's total, that's how far behind we were.
I agree you don't need a total. You just need to match us game for game taking out the match between us.

Yes but I think going unbeaten was your main aim and this caused the dip in performance instead of trying to win

Think you could be right. I think because Wenger had said we could do it the season before, and got a lot of stick for it, the closer it came to the end of the season the more a target it became. Not getting beat became more important than winning in the end.

Think you could be right. I think because Wenger had said we could do it the season before, and got a lot of stick for it, the closer it came to the end of the season the more a target it became. Not getting beat became more important than winning in the end.

Arsenal fans I've talked to have admitted that. They said that it became a form of torture towards the end.

Spot on

Jack was WUMing with his glib response to my post about City supporters being happy Arsenal can’t achieve 100 points this season, but I appreciate that you are offering a reasonable defence for why Arsenal fans don’t care.

It’s nice to have a good faith discussion with fans of other clubs and I commend you for it.

Hopefully others take note.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.