Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you've not mentioned is Jesus, Zinchenko & Arteta having been through this several times at City. They know what it takes.

Just like in 2016, everyone's waiting for a collapse that I just can't see happening. Arsenal are just too good at the moment.

However, this DOES NOT mean the title is a shoe in for them either. We'll push them all the way & both of our run ins are littered with teams with something to fight for.

This ain't over yet & point in the bank gives Arsenal a 6 point advantage. Personally, I'd rather we were in their position.
Just said exactly what I was going to post. The experience that Jesus and Zinchenko will bring just can't be bought.......except if you buy them. Great move by Arteta to bring them in after they bottled the run in last season. He knew what he was doing.

Zinchenko was in tears at the end of the match. He knows they have give us the advantage. Arteta knows it as well. He won't say it in public but privately he knows the last team he wants hunting them down is us.

People are confident because we've been there and done it before. Arsenal blew it today and we're very fortunate to even get a point against a really poor Liverpool side

We have really started to click into gear. We look like the 17/18 side where we control games then race though the gears to blow teams away. We are just starting whare as Arsenal have gone flat out since we beat them

As soon as Liverpool scored their first Arsenal panicked and lost their heads. They had zero control 2nd half and that's what their game is all about.

We'll beat them and I'm sure they'll drop points at Newcastle as well
Zinchenko's an emotional pussy. Look how he carried on after the cup match at our place? \0/

Zin unfortunately illustrated why we were fine with allowing him to move on. It's moments like the Dipper's equaliser that used to cost us as the highest level.

I'd say the second half was more about the Scousers stepping up, more than Arsenal slipping up.

However as Keane said, don't underestimate the value of leaving Anfield with a point. In this respect Arsenal gained a point & were moments away from claiming all three. This result shouldn't be sniffed at.

Just said exactly what I was going to post. The experience that Jesus and Zinchenko will bring just can't be bought.......except if you buy them. Great move by Arteta to bring them in after they bottled the run in last season. He knew what he was doing.
The same Zinchenko that got done for the goal?

I'm currently at Peps recommended one match at the time mode. Having said that I'll admit trashing the scum at Wembley would go a long way towards me having a nice summer regardless of what else might happen.
We just need to keep going, & just like you & Pep I'm one game at a time merchant.

For me the CL is my main focus. We'll do what we must in the PL & FA Cup, but we've some tough matches against teams with something to fight for.

It's not gonna be plain sailing, but thankfully neither is Arsenal's run in. PLUS they've still got to come to our place. What a fuckin game that'll be hey?

What you've not mentioned is Jesus, Zinchenko & Arteta having been through this several times at City. They know what it takes.

Just like in 2016, everyone's waiting for a collapse that I just can't see happening. Arsenal are just too good at the moment.

However, this DOES NOT mean the title is a shoe in for them either. We'll push them all the way & both of our run ins are littered with teams with something to fight for.

This ain't over yet & point in the bank gives Arsenal a 6 point advantage. Personally, I'd rather we were in their position.
I get what you're saying about Jesus and Zinchenko; but as much as they'll have gained a lot being at City, I'd imagine they were leaning on the more experienced players for guidance throughout these scenarios, where as they are now seen as the two leaders in terms of experience.

It's a much different ask of them, and if I'm honest I've always thought Zinchenko can be 'got at' emotionally when it comes to the crunch, and I think that showed today and when we beat them in the cup

Zinchenko's an emotional pussy. Look how he carried on after the cup match at our place? \0/

Zin unfortunately illustrated why we were fine with allowing him to move on. It's moments like the Dipper's equaliser that used to cost us as the highest level.

I'd say the second half was more about the Scousers stepping up, more than Arsenal slipping up.

However as Keane said, don't underestimate the value of leaving Anfield with a point. In this respect Arsenal gained a point & were moments away from claiming all three. This result shouldn't be sniffed at.
Give over.

I'm aware of that, but we've got to win all those games & hope we beat Arsenal, maintain our GD advantage, or even better still, Arsenal drop points.

They don't play until the weekend & Tuesday we've got Bayern. Personally I can't see why some are supremely confident we'll piss it.

I hope we do, but I think it's gonna be a nail-biting finish with a disappointment or two along the way.

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush... Advantage Arsenal until we evaporate that advantage...
I have confidence we can do it because we’ve done it several times before

Like you say, Arsenal have bought that experience & they'll be sharing our methodology of dealing with the end of season pressure with them.

So far, Arteta has successfully replicated what he learned at City, hence why their supposed, expected collapse is yet to happen.

They lose at Everton & it was advantage City, but we messed up our next match & handed the advantage back. This isn't over by any means...

I get what you're saying about Jesus and Zinchenko; but as much as they'll have gained a lot being at City, I'd imagine they were leaning on the more experienced players for guidance throughout these scenarios, where as they are now seen as the two leaders in terms of experience.

It's a much different ask of them, and if I'm honest I've always thought Zinchenko can be 'got at' emotionally when it comes to the crunch, and I think that showed today and when we beat them in the cup
Agreed, but one's an experienced Brazil international & the other is captain of Ukraine. Both have played at the highest level with City over several seasons, & whilst we may have older players with more experience, their isn't such a big experience divide with the players we've got left. Possibly Stones, KDB, Gundog, Ederson & Walker? That's all I can think of with possibly more experience.

Agreed about Zinchenko being able to be "Got at". Look how quickly Arteta was trying to hook him & he seemed teary when the camera showed him on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.