Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you've not mentioned is Jesus, Zinchenko & Arteta having been through this several times at City. They know what it takes.

Just like in 2016, everyone's waiting for a collapse that I just can't see happening. Arsenal are just too good at the moment.

However, this DOES NOT mean the title is a shoe in for them either. We'll push them all the way & both of our run ins are littered with teams with something to fight for.

This ain't over yet & point in the bank gives Arsenal a 6 point advantage. Personally, I'd rather we were in their position.
Jesus and Zinchenko were both brilliant squad players for us. The types of players you need in your squad to assist with competing with the big trophies. Both were surrounded by superior players that had won trophies while at City and it's a little different at Arsenal as they're expected to be those leaders that can make the difference in key games.

Zinchenko today was responsible for liverpool's equaliser too.

I agree with regard I'd rather have the points on the board but the title now being back in our own hands is a huge factor and Arsenal are now in a position whereas they cannot make a mistake and that pressure can do funny things to a teams mentality.

This Arsenal team isn't as ruthless or as good as the Liverpool side we've gone toe to toe with and dominated over the last 4 or 5 seasons. We saw today that they struggled seeing a big game out with a 2 goal advantage. We saw against us in their own backyard that when the chips are down they shat the bed. They have to come to us and I'd wager that they shit the bed again and we then become favourites regardless of whether they still have a few points advantage.

I think they're decent don't get me wrong but I'm confident that we're going to hunt them down and it'll be glorious to do so because they're another of the entitled group of clubs that think that they're superior to most other clubs.

Hopefully... However I still feel the advantage still lies with Arsenal. They've got the 6 points on the board, we've gotta win those just to be level, including a must win match against them...
Yeah agree. I have arsenal as slight favourites but we have done it before….

Jesus and Zinchenko were both brilliant squad players for us. The types of players you need in your squad to assist with competing with the big trophies. Both were surrounded by superior players that had won trophies while at City and it's a little different at Arsenal as they're expected to be those leaders that can make the difference in key games.

I agree with regard I'd rather have the points on the board but the title now being back in our own hands is a huge factor and Arsenal are now in a position whereas they cannot make a mistake and that pressure can do funny things to a teams mentality.

This Arsenal team isn't as ruthless or as good as the Liverpool side we've gone toe to toe with and dominated over the last 4 or 5 seasons. We saw today that they struggled seeing a big game out with a 2 goal advantage. We saw against us in their own backyard that when the chips are down they shat the bed. They have to come to us and I'd wager that they shit the bed again and we then become favourites regardless of whether they still have a few points advantage.

I think they're decent don't get me wrong but I'm confident that we're going to hunt them down and it'll be glorious to do so because they're another of the entitled group of clubs that think that they're superior to most other clubs.

Yes and understandably, there’s a great deal of confidence on here from many posters after today’s result. But, you never know…

Agreed, but one's an experienced Brazil international & the other is captain of Ukraine. Both have played at the highest level with City over several seasons, & whilst we may have older players with more experience, their isn't such a big experience divide with the players we've got left. Possibly Stones, KDB, Gundog, Ederson & Walker? That's all I can think of with possibly more experience.

Agreed about Zinchenko being able to be "Got at". Look how quickly Arteta was trying to hook him & he seemed teary when the camera showed him on the bench.
Whether they win it or not, I'm sure they'll learn from this and be there again next season.

Anfield is a tough place to go, but I was surprised at the lack of leadership in the 2nd half, it was basically an implosion and I was surprised Arteta didn't look to tighten things up at half time.

I wonder whether that's where this team are though, what you see is what you get, and they can't really play any other way or make many changes to adjust to the flow of the game

If I'm a gooner I'm worried that we have blown it. Not only because of todays result but the fact that city have history of winning the title from here.

Virtually all teams have a dodgy period in the season, Arsenal haven't had theirs yet. I'm confident that the league will be ours.
They have had a dodgy period mate. They picked up 1 point from 9 with the last result of those 3 games being a defeat to us.

They have however, since that defeat gone unbeaten, winning 7 of the 8 games played.

A couple of London derbies coming up along with trips to us and Newcastle so there's every chance of a low return on points from those games along with the points dropped today.

I'm hopeful we'll hunt them down. In seasons gone by, how many league points have we gained at Anfield? As Keane said, don't underestimate the significance of leaving Anfield with a point.

We've both got potential pitfalls & the game at the Etihad against Arsenal is gonna be fuckin massive! If we do our bit before we meet, hopefully the pressure will tell & we can take advantage.

Over all I think we're a stronger squad, but my fear is we may have left our charge too late & Arsenal are an unknown quantity to us in a title race.

We just need to keep the faith...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.